Brazilian ref decapitated after stabbing player

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ISuperGamerI

Anyone else hear what happened a couple weeks ago at a football (soccer) match? I hope this doesn't affect the 2014 FIFA World Cup :(

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/07/brazilian-referee-decapitated-stabs-player

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I remember hearing about the story, it was pretty nasty..

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

:O

Brazil had riots after they announced the Olympics. : /

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He wasn't just decapitated. His limbs were all severed and his head was put on a stake in the center of the field. An inhuman and shameful act of violence. And from the sounds of it, he stabbed the player when the player got physical, so it sounds like it was self-defense. A tragic event on both sides.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ISuperGamerI

@mariachimacabre: I read about the ref's head being put on a stake in the center of the field. But I didn't hear about the player being physical, he was just rejecting the idea of getting booted from the game. How did the ref stab him? He just happened to have a knife on him?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

What in the fuck??? Was this in the city of god ?

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's horrific. So greatly so that I don't think there can really be a discussion about the incident. I think this falls under the "no content of a macabre nature" section of the forum rules.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Niceanims

That's tragic and fucking disgusting

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OurSin_360

That's horrific. So greatly so that I don't think there can really be a discussion about the incident. I think this falls under the "no content of a macabre nature" section of the forum rules.

It's not like they have pictures or anything, this is world news how can it not be discussed?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Man whaaaaaat they straight up put his head on a like all Conan style? That is fucking nuts. Was this during a game? And where the hell were the police?

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360 said:

@mlarrabee said:

It's not like they have pictures or anything, this is world news how can it not be discussed?

Any worthwhile discussion has two sides. I can't imagine anyone here offering anything more than their agreement that it was awful, that those who did it should be brought to justice, and that sports fans should curb their over-enthusiasm.

Right now, to me, it feels like a roadside accident, a grotesque spectacle.

Capasso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might not be the most well informed brazilian, but I was unaware of that incident. That said, I checked what happened and the reporting is, at the very least, misleading.

The murder happened during an amateur soccer match on the countryside of one of the poorest states of Brazil. Both players and referee were locals. It has absolutely no connection to the world cup, other than it happening during a soccer match.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It won't affect the World Cup - I don't think it was at a Brazilian league game in the middle of a stadium or anything, just some village match somewhere.

@mlarrabee said:

You'd be amazed.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah read about this like 2 weeks ago. Ref made a call, player disagreed, fisticuff ensued, then the ref pulled out a switchblade and stabbed the player repeatedly. Then the crowd went wild, and jumped in. At this point I lost the thread. The ref was either stoned to death or quartered to death? Either way, he ended up with both his legs removed from his body and arms were I think pretty jacked but still attached. Head was decapitate and put on a spike Ned Stark style. So... crazy soccer mob stereotype and all that...

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Pie

That happened a while ago dude

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and this is over an amateur game too

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Football is such a loving compassionate sport...

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capasso said:

I might not be the most well informed brazilian, but I was unaware of that incident. That said, I checked what happened and the reporting is, at the very least, misleading.

The murder happened during an amateur soccer match on the countryside of one of the poorest states of Brazil. Both players and referee were locals. It has absolutely no connection to the world cup, other than it happening during a soccer match.

Oh I know it wasn't a major game or anything like that. But right now, Brazil is having trouble presenting itself as a "safe place" for football fans and tourists, so it may or may not affect the 2014 World Cup in Rio. I should also mention that the player that got stabbed, died on the way to the hospital.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This kind of thing makes English football hooligans look like Mary Poppins.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale: i would love to see millwall or west ham fans fly to brazil.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@oursin_360 said:

@mlarrabee said:

Any worthwhile discussion has two sides. I can't imagine anyone here offering anything more than their agreement that it was awful, that those who did it should be brought to justice, and that sports fans should curb their over-enthusiasm.

Right now, to me, it feels like a roadside accident, a grotesque spectacle.

So then we shouldn't have talked about the Boston bombings according to that logic.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By audiosnow

@somedelicook: Yes. I said as much in another post. Accessibility of information is always a good thing, but a few thousand people playing armchair psychiatrist won't do anyone any good.