Bruce's LastFM blog (Based on the last three months)

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By Bruce

Top Artists:

1. Interpol
2. Arcade Fire
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
4. The Strokes
5. Crystal Castles
6. Giant Bomb (Podcasts)
7. Editors (This is based on two songs: Bullets, and Munich, which I listen to a ton)
8. The Velvet Underground
9. Mylo (Obscure Electronic/Ambient dude)
10. Grizzly Bear (New album is pretty good)
11. The Clash (Favorite old band)
12. Daft Punk (Loved them since 2001 when I bought Discovery)
13. LCD Soundsytem (Mainly All My Friends + Someone Great, although I do own Sound of Silver)
14. 1up Network (More podcasts)
15. Joy Division
16. Sex Pistols
17. The Smiths
18. MGMT (Three songs: Time to Pretend; Electric Feel; Kids)
19. Fleet Foxes (White Winter Hymnal on repeat 200+ times, yes please)
20. Matt & Kim (I love how energetic their music is: Daylight; Lessons Learned; Yeah Yea. Congrats to them on Daylight cracking Itunes top 100 this week)
21. Animal Collective (They're pretentious as hell but their latest album was good)
22. The National (Ever wonder what Leonard Cohen would sound like in a Rock band? Listen to Fake Empire)
23. Phoenix (The French Strokes, good new album)
24. Lou Reed
25. Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers (Some good 50's Doo-Wop/Rock)

Noteworthy artists outside of the top 25: Death Cab, Regina Spektor, Dead Can Dance, Emilie Simon, and some old Bjork.

As you can see, I enjoy the Indie/Alternative quite a bit. Not into what most of the people on the RB2 forums (GameFAQS not here) refer to as "Classic Rock". I'm not a fan of Zeppelin, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, ACDC...the list goes on and on. My "Classic Rock" extends to Post-Punk/Punk/Glam; and when I say "Glam", I mean real glam, Roxy Music + Old school Bowie. I grew up on Lou Reed and The Clash, then I discovered Daft Punk with their Discovery album (Pun intended) and have been fascinated with stuff like that ever since.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bruce

Top Artists:

1. Interpol
2. Arcade Fire
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
4. The Strokes
5. Crystal Castles
6. Giant Bomb (Podcasts)
7. Editors (This is based on two songs: Bullets, and Munich, which I listen to a ton)
8. The Velvet Underground
9. Mylo (Obscure Electronic/Ambient dude)
10. Grizzly Bear (New album is pretty good)
11. The Clash (Favorite old band)
12. Daft Punk (Loved them since 2001 when I bought Discovery)
13. LCD Soundsytem (Mainly All My Friends + Someone Great, although I do own Sound of Silver)
14. 1up Network (More podcasts)
15. Joy Division
16. Sex Pistols
17. The Smiths
18. MGMT (Three songs: Time to Pretend; Electric Feel; Kids)
19. Fleet Foxes (White Winter Hymnal on repeat 200+ times, yes please)
20. Matt & Kim (I love how energetic their music is: Daylight; Lessons Learned; Yeah Yea. Congrats to them on Daylight cracking Itunes top 100 this week)
21. Animal Collective (They're pretentious as hell but their latest album was good)
22. The National (Ever wonder what Leonard Cohen would sound like in a Rock band? Listen to Fake Empire)
23. Phoenix (The French Strokes, good new album)
24. Lou Reed
25. Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers (Some good 50's Doo-Wop/Rock)

Noteworthy artists outside of the top 25: Death Cab, Regina Spektor, Dead Can Dance, Emilie Simon, and some old Bjork.

As you can see, I enjoy the Indie/Alternative quite a bit. Not into what most of the people on the RB2 forums (GameFAQS not here) refer to as "Classic Rock". I'm not a fan of Zeppelin, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, ACDC...the list goes on and on. My "Classic Rock" extends to Post-Punk/Punk/Glam; and when I say "Glam", I mean real glam, Roxy Music + Old school Bowie. I grew up on Lou Reed and The Clash, then I discovered Daft Punk with their Discovery album (Pun intended) and have been fascinated with stuff like that ever since.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By GreggD

Awww, nobody posted in your blog, Bruce. If you weren't my friend, I'd laugh at you right now.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By phlegms

Not enough Smiths!