• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Akyho (2123 posts) -

Even if this was set up...its hilarious. However he is a 4chan user. So I cannot be surprised. Just look on...go on look.

I think we need to find out if the end of this story finishes the way It could only end up being. This man is hellbent on getting it to do something. Just wow.

No Caption Provided
#2 Posted by Gizmo (5467 posts) -

Brings a tear to my eye, what an hero.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
#3 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2079 posts) -

Putting a grenade in the microwave is NOT how you're supposed to "cook" a grenade!

R.I.P, let this be a lesson to anyone who is misled about what the "cooking grenades" means, even though it wasn't actually what caused the presumed death of the OP.

#4 Posted by SmilingPig (1370 posts) -

Ok, now a bunch of retards will try that and get killed.

Avatar image for little_socrates
#5 Posted by Little_Socrates (5844 posts) -

I have a feeling posting threads from other forums without inciting discussion value qualifies for some kind of spam.

#6 Posted by Justin258 (14431 posts) -

I normally don't wish bad things on people, but I will not feel sorry for him if this grenade, er, takes him out of the gene pool. Permanently.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
#7 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1873 posts) -

this guy is amazing

#8 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

yeah because that grenade is totally still active

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
#9 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6499 posts) -

I love /b/ when shit like this happens.

#10 Edited by Akyho (2123 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

I have a feeling posting threads from other forums without inciting discussion value qualifies for some kind of spam.

I know. However you try and insight a bit better discussion than a late night radio host or Jeff going "Should LEGO'S TALK?! Thats the question left on my mind! Tune in for the discussion!"

Ok folks. Lets add discussion. Should we put a possible live grenade in a microwave? that's the question I ask.

#11 Posted by Loafsmooch (545 posts) -

Truly, truly an hero. He shall be missed.

#12 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2079 posts) -

@Animasta: Old explosives is actually a huge problem in other parts of the world. I believe parts of Middle East (paticularly Afghanistan) encountered this problem a lot with Soviet-era mines, so I'd say there's still a probability that the grenade, as ancient as it looks, might actually still be lethal.

You have a point that it does look a lot more ancient than a soviet-era mine so the probability is definitely lower than the aforementioned case.

#13 Posted by ShaggE (8422 posts) -

/b/ - "Pull the pin!"

/v/ - "Throw it, then see if you can shoot it in midair!"

/mlp/ - "Aww, it's so tiny and adorable! Paint a happy face on it!"

/x/ - "That's not just a grenade, it's a catalyst to summon Cthulu!"

#14 Posted by vager (1677 posts) -

Microwaving a hand grenade... Dude is a smart one.

#15 Edited by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

@Animasta: Old explosives is actually a huge problem in other parts of the world. I believe parts of Middle East (paticularly Afghanistan) encountered this problem a lot with Soviet-era mines, so I'd say there's still a probability that the grenade, as ancient as it looks, might actually still be lethal.

You have a point that it does look a lot more ancient than a soviet-era mine so the probability is definitely lower than the aforementioned case.

I'm just saying that no one is that dumb to actively play with an actually lethal grenade, especially if he is in a part of the world where that shit is still there.

#16 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

It must be very hard to walk with balls that big.

#17 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (842 posts) -

"Godspeed you magnificent bastard" sums this up fairly well.

Avatar image for machofantastico
#18 Posted by MachoFantastico (6310 posts) -

Never as there been a better definition of the internet. 

#19 Posted by HellBrendy (1134 posts) -

Probably not dangerous at all, given the probable age of the grenade. Also, I'm no expert, but if it doesn't go off when the top falls off, the gunpowder inside will at "best" just fizz out, since it won't ignite with the force intended. Kind of like throwing bullets into a fire.

I guess.

#20 Edited by Simplexity (1430 posts) -

I wish I could be like that guy, he clearly doesn't give a fuck.

#21 Posted by kindgineer (3088 posts) -

@Akyho: One less 4chan frequenter in the world if it goes off? Sounds good to me.

#22 Posted by biospank (700 posts) -
 yeah, stuff like that has happend since 09 or the start of 4chan.
 yeah, stuff like that has happend since 09 or the start of 4chan.
#23 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2079 posts) -

@Animasta: Sadly, some people in 4chan, particularly some of those who post in /b/ as the post referenced in this thread, can be expected to do incredibly stupid things no matter where they hail from. If I remember correctly, there have been actual cases in the news of posters from 4chan actually getting arrested by the police for posted bomb threats towards their school. And another post above me actually apparently has a similar case with a more modern looking grenade.

Anyway, I suspect that if that poster actually did trigger the grenade crushing it, I'd say that even though the pin might have aged to the point that it no longer held the spoon that attached to the interior detonating blasting cap, it was probably the crushing that let the spoon break from the blasting cap and causing the "presumed" death of the poster. I'm no grenade expert, though, but I have some experience with explosives to come up with that hypothesis. With regards to the microwave not triggering anything, I figure the grenade was designed well to solely detonate mechanically. It's interesting though that the body of the grenade can look so aged and still not have the interior explosive material react to the microwave radiation -- that's a well-designed grenade if it's still active.

#24 Posted by Meowshi (2917 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

/b/ - "Pull the pin!"

/v/ - "Throw it, then see if you can shoot it in midair!"

/mlp/ - "Aww, it's so tiny and adorable! Paint a happy face on it!"

/x/ - "That's not just a grenade, it's a catalyst to summon Cthulu!"

/tv/ - "This grenade was more disappointing than The Dark Knight Rises."

#25 Posted by stinky (1564 posts) -

dont get why someone would be so dumb.

#26 Posted by Kaiserreich (903 posts) -

douche chills.

#27 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

The Tree of Life is self pruning. At least I take some comfort in that.

#28 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2079 posts) -

@Meowshi: Would I be expecting too much from 4chan to be expecting a "holy hand grenade" reference?

#29 Posted by Turambar (8009 posts) -
@Animasta said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

I'm just saying that no one is that dumb to actively play with an actually lethal grenade, especially if he is in a part of the world where that shit is still there.

Have you met the locals that populate /b/?
#30 Edited by Meowshi (2917 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

@Meowshi: Would I be expecting too much from 4chan to be expecting a "holy hand grenade" reference?

Yeah, no one actually posts on topic and everyone is 14.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
#31 Posted by GunslingerPanda (5170 posts) -

This reminds me of the time that chick cut off her labia AND THEN ATE IT. God bless 4chan.

#32 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2079 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda: There were pictures of that, weren't there? God, I thought I forgot about that but I have this sinking feeling that a part of my mind still retains the trauma of seeing something about that.

#33 Posted by Strife777 (2084 posts) -

I know the grenade is probably not a threat at this point, looks way too old, but come on... It's not one of those things where you say ''Let's give it a try, see what happens.''

Sill kind of funny that the guy when that far with it.

#34 Posted by nintendoeats (6222 posts) -

Darwin awards a-go-go

#35 Posted by LikeaSsur (1753 posts) -

@SmilingPig: Somehow, I don't think the world as a whole will lose much.

#36 Edited by NegativeCero (3144 posts) -

I love it. This is hilarious even if it is fake.

@GunslingerPanda said:

This reminds me of the time that chick cut off her labia AND THEN ATE IT. God bless 4chan.

What the fuck, man? Why would they do that and even if they had to, why would they share it?

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
#37 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1771 posts) -
@ShaggE said:

/v/ 

"its not even live you fucking casual"
 "that grenade will be $6.99 plus tip"
 ">tfw you will never have a grenaed waifu" 
Fixed. 
#38 Posted by mandude (2827 posts) -

@Animasta said:

I...I'd like to believe that.

#39 Posted by dudeglove (12673 posts) -

Still not this.

No Caption Provided
#40 Posted by Cameron (877 posts) -

Come on, this is clearly fake. No one is that stupid. Maybe someone would try to pull the pin (I doubt it), but no one is going to put a grenade in the microwave. Maybe I just have a naive faith in human intelligence.

#41 Posted by Jayzilla (2703 posts) -

i'm just glad the fine duders here at giantbomb don't condone or heap praise upon a dude who is willing to put a grenade in a microwave.

#42 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1219 posts) -

Natural Selection.

I only wish it could somehow kill off everyone else on 4chan. I GUARANTEE the world would be a much better place.

#43 Posted by LiquidPrince (16875 posts) -

Hilarious, but oh so dumb.

#44 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Natural Selection.

I only wish it could somehow kill off everyone else on 4chan. I GUARANTEE the world would be a much better place.

there are parts of 4chan that are alright. also you're a sociopath

#45 Posted by ajamafalous (13490 posts) -
@Cameron said:

Come on, this is clearly fake. No one is that stupid. Maybe someone would try to pull the pin (I doubt it), but no one is going to put a grenade in the microwave. Maybe I just have a naive faith in human intelligence.

Never been to 4chan, I see.
#46 Posted by Turambar (8009 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
@Cameron said:

Never been on the internet I see.*Fixed*
Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
#47 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (866 posts) -

Great, threads from 4chan are finding there way over here now. Lock this please.

#48 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Still not this.

No Caption Provided

My god...

#49 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1219 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Natural Selection.

there are parts of 4chan that are alright. also you're a sociopath

I take it you're an active 4chan user? Sorry, but there is no room left on this earth for your kind. I don't know you personally, but I stand by what I say. Also I am no sociopath. I'm just a guy with a keyboard and microwaveable enchiladas.

#50 Posted by alternate (2819 posts) -

So fake, still funny though.