Build me a PC

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

It might be time. Please go to this site . On the left hand side you'll find your options. What parts are best for a modern day PC that can handle any game you throw at it and is just plain fast? Try to keep it under or around $1300.   

Edit: Also, can anyone recommend me some good monitors for gaming at around 18"? 
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

@H2Oyea: As in they do pre-built? Or you want us to link you to individual parts?

E: Also this website literally takes up only half my screen, the other half is wasted space.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By doobie
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aegon
@AlexW00d said:

@H2Oyea: As in they do pre-built? Or you want us to link you to individual parts?

E: Also this website literally takes up only half my screen, the other half is wasted space.

Oh, I forgot to mention, just add stuff to your cart then copy and paste it. 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm pretty sure that Will Smith mentioned on the Tested podcast last week that they're planning on doing another PC building video soon. They usually do a $1500 PC, but let you know a few places you could cut back to get it cheaper. It might be worth waiting for their PC build unless you need the PC immediately.

@doobie said:

http://www.tested.com/how-to-build-a-future-proof-1500-pc/47-319/ build this. i did and its fantastic.

That one is a little out of date now. It'll be best to wait for the new one, amusing I heard correctly on the podcast the other week.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aegon
@AlexW00d: How much worse is a GTX 550? 'Cause it's a lot cheaper.
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aegon
@rebgav said:

@H2Oyea said:

@AlexW00d: How much worse is a GTX 550? 'Cause it's a lot cheaper.

You don't really want to go lower than the 560ti if you want HD resolutions at reasonable settings.

This is the part where I confess that I don't know much when it comes to video cards and differences between them. So with this 560ti, will the games look good? Like, if I'm spending a bunch of money on games, am I not being deprived of that much more compared to someone who has a really great video card?
Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Defias
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aegon
Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Defias

Some times you get lucky that's why I said try. I actually bought all my parts there because the people were helpful. They gave me some deals and when I was having trouble with my seating my cpu cooler (for whatever reason I listened to my dad to put a stock cooler) they gave me a good deal on a good cpu cooler seated it and put the thermal paste on for free. They also have a cheap warranty with direct replacement. But yeah look at the tom's hardware for great builds. But also following tom's hardware I was able to find every part that was listed in that build there.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aegon

Also, can anyone recommend me some good monitors for gaming at around 18"? 

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Wow there is some terrible and confusing information in this thread. I suggest posting in the Tested forums, and if there is a new PC build from Tested, I'd wait for that. @AlexW00d Suggested good parts. You can skip down to a 560ti if you want. They're really good cards for the price, but why not go all out? Means you won't have to bother upgrading for a while.

As for a screen, seems like 23" is the norm now. Just get a cheap 23" from Asus, AOC, Samsung, LG, whoever the fuck you want :) I'm purchasing another monitor for my, but I'm getting a 23" IPS screen from Dell for graphic design etc. If you watch that Tested video, I suggest building it yourself too, you learn a lot from it. When you do want to upgrade something, you can do it without being scared or nothing. I've been building PCs for years now, but it was only until this year where I installed my first CPU and cooler. Nowadays it's crazy simple to do, especially with an Intel chip because you can't bend pins or anything.

I hope this helps a bit. Like I said, the suggested stuff from AlexW00d would be a good way to go.