Build quality of GTX 750 TI

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to buy a GTX 750 TI for a small PC that I will use for movies and such. I heard great things about it, since it consumes little power, runs cool, and its very powerful for the price.

But my question is, how is the build quality? Will the components be of the same material and quality that you find in a higher end card of that arhitecture? I understand its weaker and will have less chips and stuff like that, but is the board just as reliable? basically, I dont intend on changing it soon since I will use it mainly for movies, so will it have a good lifespan?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

The build quality will depend on the manufacturer that you buy it from honestly. If you go with an unknown, cheap manufacturer then you'll probably run into problems down the line. Go with someone like MSI, Asus or EVGA and you'll be fine.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

A 750 Ti may be major overkill just for movies. You should be able to get away with just getting a Haswell with an integrated GPU and using that.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Yea most/all modern CPUs preform very well with basic (non-gaming) video requirements, I only have a surface pro 3 to use as an example but that thing only has an i3 and it can run video above 1080p as well as my actual computer (perfectly fine).

Save that money!