Bushido Bomb

#1 Edited by JackMackG (3 posts) -
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bushido Bomb is a simple 2 player platform fighter. Its a hobby, open source, home brew project made to run on the nes. The objective is to die the least and the first player to get 9 deaths loose the match. You die in one hit, the idea came from the game Bushido Blade on the PS1. The player’s are bombs and you attack each other with a lit torch. The players and inside jokes on the map bomb basement are based off the video game website GiantBomb.

Controls:

a: jump

b: attack

start: pause

select: returns to main menu when in pause

left/right: move

down + attack: block

down + jump: fall though platform

pressing attack or block before hitting a wall will make you bounce off the wall if you already have momentum.

This is the fist nes game I have made, I have little idea of what I was doing. The game is NTSC only. code and rom here:

https://github.com/sleepingburrito/BushidoBomb

If you have a flashcart it will work on a real NES

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
#2 Posted by rocketblast0063 (324 posts) -

Cool!
I haven't tried it but Assembly is something that I'm interested in. Like the Black Magic of coding, but not for me yet, as I struggle in high level languages.

#3 Posted by csl316 (15006 posts) -

This is neat and single-hit deaths are back in vogue after Nidhogg.

Have you ever made stuff for the Giant Rom game jam thing? If you do stuff for that you'll have a nice shot of getting it on the site (or maybe on UPF when they're back from E3!)

#4 Posted by JackMackG (3 posts) -

@csl316: Hey that is cool, what is Giant Rom game jam thing?