buy the same game again.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pachowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By pachowski

i have one question, i was reading a forum about bioshock and i notice that one guy has the game on xbox360 but  he also bought it for PC,  why is that? for me is a waste of money i dont know what do you think

pachowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pachowski

i have one question, i was reading a forum about bioshock and i notice that one guy has the game on xbox360 but  he also bought it for PC,  why is that? for me is a waste of money i dont know what do you think

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By NathHaw

Well, since you seem to be a Zelda fan, I'll let you know that I have more than one copy of Ocarina of Time.  Maybe he wants to support companies that make certain games.  That's a reason I would buy multiple copies of a game.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

I remember buying BioShock for my 360 for $60 and absolutely loved it, then years later and months before BioShock 2 came out Steam had the original game for $5.  So I said "why not" and bought the game again.  Shit happens, bro.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Either the achievements can stack (if there are PC achievements) or he wants to see how the game would look like at max settings or he just really likes the game or he wants to play a FPS with mouse and keyboard.

cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By cancerdancer
@Bloviator said:
Maybe he wants to support companies that make certain games.  That's a reason I would buy multiple copies of a game.
Or you can just spread good word of mouth? I'd hate to see how much money you spend when you find a car company you like.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By GreggD

I bought Mass Effect 2, beat it, sold it, and recently bought it again. Does that count?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer

Generally this happens because someone really wants achievements, or because the game was super cheap on steam. 

A game like Bioshock that has a ton of content and looks good seems like an amazing deal for $5 on PC (It is, really). Plus playing a game on PC is completly different from console generally.

Also: maybe he wanted the game on PC so he could mess around with the mods and stuff that exist for PC games.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought Oblivion 3 times. A boxed copy for pc years ago. A copy for 360 when I had one. Last year I got the deluxe edition on a steam sale. I play the steam version, no disc needed. Mods are a huge part of pc games (for me anyway). 

pachowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pachowski

@GreggD:  i did the same with ocarina of time, i regret it so y bought it again

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I bought Dead Rising twice, and subsequently traded it in twice. Damn I loved that game!

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

i beat halo  3 and played it for a year before it broke. i bought another copy, even though i was basically done with the game. i guess i just spent so much time with it, it seemed wrong to not be on my shelf.

Avatar image for mercurycrusader
MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MercuryCrusader

Well, I got Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES and loved it. And then I bought Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES because I loved all the games on it, and wanted to try out Lost Levels, but yeah it had Super Mario Bros. 3 on it so you could say I bought it twice. Then I bought it for the Game Boy Advance because I wanted to play the game on the go.  And then I bought it off the Wii's Virtual Console in the event my all of my multiple NESes, SNESes, or Game Boy Advances crapped out on me for some odd reason, so I'd still have a copy to play.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is worth it.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SSully

I bought fall out 3 originally on PC. After play 3 whole files and having hundreds of hours in the game i got it on ps3 for like 30 bucks new. I only do it when i find some nice sales and its a game i REALLY like. Its a whole different experience playing on a pc and a console.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By StarFoxA

I'm too cheap to buy games again so I still use a cracked (literally cracked, not in the pirated sense) Modern Warfare 2 disc. Booyah!

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By nukesniper

I have personally bought multiple copies of a bunch of games, usually it is to give them to friends (or sell them to friends) simply to get them to play it with me. 

I bought 5 copies of Unreal Championship, $5 USD each on clearance and just handed them out at a Halo LAN party (That is right, Halo). 

I have personally bought 4 copies of Saints Row 2 (all for the Xbox 360), one for me and my brother (system link), two sold to friends so they would play Co-op online with me. 

Aside from that, I have 2 copies of DoA4 and Splinter Cell Double Agent. Those are because of messed up disks, but now, with installing possible I can have two of those disks if I need them for system link SC:DA. 

There are reasons to get multiple copies, but mine usually revolve around some stupid "I'd pay $25 to play this with 16 people at a LAN party for a bit" type whim.

Guild_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Guild_Master

Instead of making blogs. You should study for that test you have on friday.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I have a ton of games on the ps3 and pc, batman arkham asylum, dragon age orgins, rainbow six vegas, gta4, splinter cell double agent, resident evil 5, I could go on. I only bought a pc copy because the pc version was delayed and I was impatient. Honestly if I got the console version, I get to play the game like everyone else, yet I should of just rented it from now on instead. Also I wasn't satistifed with the console version's graphics as a graphic whore. I need alot more resolution, textures, anti aliasing, framerates and sometimes the controls using a mouse for certain games are important to me although I have a controller.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Hot_Karl

I sometimes justify buying older games multiple times. For example, I've purchased Earthworm Jim for 3 separate consoles (Genesis, GBA, PC), and I'm planning to rebuy it at least twice (the upcoming DSiware port, the XBLA HD remake). 

It might be different for full priced, "new" games however. Depends on the circumstances.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@cancerdancer said:
" @Bloviator said:
Maybe he wants to support companies that make certain games.  That's a reason I would buy multiple copies of a game.
Or you can just spread good word of mouth? I'd hate to see how much money you spend when you find a car company you like. "
Yeah that makes a lot of sense because cars and video games are so similar in terms of function and cost.