• 68 results
#1 Edited by Haz (404 posts) -

Fuck 2016. Seriously.

Carrie Fisher is dead at 60. We've lost so many great performers and actors in 2016... Going to watch the original trilogy again. Man, I can't even. She was so funny and witty during interviews too.

This is exactly what I mean, so funny. :(.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
#2 Edited by deactivated-5b85a38d6c493 (1990 posts) -

Rest in peace Carrie.

#3 Posted by Sessh (3374 posts) -

Way to young as well...2016 really can go fuck itself.

RIP Princess Leia

#4 Edited by sfw44 (273 posts) -

Whoa..... I cant believe it. RIP

#5 Posted by mellotronrules (2550 posts) -

ugh- i'm out of deft ways to express dismay at the passing of rad people this year.

RIP carrie- despite personal struggles, you're an idol for countless.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#6 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (3643 posts) -

RIP Carrie Fisher.

Man, 2016 is a real fucker. Like it's beyond a joke now.

#7 Posted by ravensword (4291 posts) -

........fuck 2016

#8 Edited by soulcake (2637 posts) -

Man it's weird how the Half in the bag guys / Red letter media, Where laughing last weekwith Carrie Fisher dying so Disney could use "the better CGI actor" i smell a conspiracy.

RIP

#9 Posted by Monkeyman04 (2791 posts) -

Well...Shit... RIP

#10 Posted by ripelivejam (13101 posts) -

for fuck's sake. i know it's coincidence, but it's been pretty rough. just a consequence of getting older i suppose.

#11 Posted by mordukai (8516 posts) -

It was so great that she got back on track after such a dark period in her life. As someone who's lost close friends and family members that never got the chance to say goodbye, I hope her family got to spend time with her before she left.

On a more selfish note. Did she finish her filming on the next Star Wars or was it still going?

#12 Edited by Ezekiel (2257 posts) -
@mordukai said:

On a more selfish note. Did she finish her filming on the next Star Wars or was it still going?

Yes. Principal photography ended months ago. I wonder what they're gonna do about Episode IX. I can't imagine her character dying in VIII. If Rogue One had come out one month later, it probably wouldn't have that awful, tasteless CG shot of her.

#13 Posted by hmoney001 (1249 posts) -

"To me, she's royalty."

:(

#14 Edited by StrikeALight (1259 posts) -

2016 is a complete shit bag.

RIP, princess.

#15 Edited by mordukai (8516 posts) -

@ezekiel said:
@mordukai said:

Yes. Principal photography ended months ago. I wonder what they're gonna do about Episode IX. I can't imagine her character dying in VIII. If Rogue One had come out one month later, it probably wouldn't have that awful, tasteless CG shot of her.

I think the best way to tackle this would be to start off Episode IX with a Leia funereal scene a-la Vader in the end of Return.

#16 Posted by viking_funeral (2881 posts) -

Just got her latest book. I haven't started it yet, as I'm working on The Youngs, but she's had one heck of an acting and literary career. She will be missed.

That said, people are going to need to prepare for more celebrity deaths in 2017. This isn't over.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (3643 posts) -

@ezekiel said:
@mordukai said:

I hope to fuck that they don't CG her into future films.

#18 Edited by FrostyRyan (2898 posts) -

I just want to say we shouldn't use this as a way to get more pissed off at her CG self in Rogue One. They had good intentions. They didn't want to get a lookalike. They wanted Carrie in the movie, somehow.

Just saying a well loved actress died today and let's not get angry at something in a movie. Hope everyone is doing well.

#19 Edited by mordukai (8516 posts) -

@jonny_anonymous said:
@ezekiel said:
@mordukai said:

I hope to fuck that they don't CG her into future films.

Since her death would still be fresh in people's mind, I don't think they'll do that mistake. Young Leia sure, Carrie was still alive when that was made. Peter Cushing?! Sure ok. He passed away over 20 years ago. It's not like he didn't look like a walking a skeleton in the movie anyways, I didn't mind they used CGI for him.

I will agree that younger CG Leia was a bit too Uncanny Valley for me. I would have liked it better if you never seen her actual face but only heard the voice but I have a feeling that decision was more corporate than artistic. I'd give Gareth Edwards more credit on that even though his Monsters credit limit is being slowly reached with every new movie he makes.

#20 Posted by OmegaCorith (90 posts) -

Truly a sad day.

#21 Edited by Ezekiel (2257 posts) -
@mordukai said:
@ezekiel said:
@mordukai said:

I think the best way to tackle this would be to start off Episode IX with a Leia funereal scene a-la Vader in the end of Return.

It might depend on how VIII ends, but that does sound nice.

@frostyryan said:

I just want to say we shouldn't use this as a way to get more pissed off at her CG self in Rogue One. They had good intentions. They didn't want to get a lookalike. They wanted Carrie in the movie, somehow.

Just saying a well loved actress died today and let's not get angry at something in a movie. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm not expressing anger, I'm making an observation. Her face probably wouldn't have been in the movie.

As for good intentions, they could have shown her back or ended the film with the shot of Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor instead of adding on a few more minutes of embarrassing fanservice.

#22 Posted by SamanthaK (225 posts) -

My heart is broken, so many wonderful talented people gone.... i just want to lay in bed and cry :(

#23 Edited by Quarters (2658 posts) -

Sad to hear. Honestly, due to some of the rough living in her past, I kind of expected her to go the earliest out of the three Star Wars leads, but didn't think it would be this soon.

#24 Edited by WhatsHisFace (745 posts) -

2016, the gift that keeps on killing... Fuck!

RIP

#25 Posted by ripelivejam (13101 posts) -

@ezekiel: embarassing is a strong word. i thought the leia bit looked fine (and now a touching tribute in retrospect :( ). tarkin they could have eased back on. but that's neither here nor there.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
#26 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (7829 posts) -

RIP Carrie Fisher. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Also...

The worst part with having a pet lose their owner is the pet will never understand where they went.

#27 Edited by Sackmanjones (5595 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan: god damnit sir, I'm at work and don't need tears in my eyes.

RIP though. Whether you love it or hate it, Fisher was(and still is) the star and icon of the absolute behemoth phonemenom that is Star Wars.

#29 Posted by OurSin_360 (6117 posts) -

Very cool lady, RIP

#30 Posted by jakob187 (22947 posts) -

Long live the Princess!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
#31 Posted by deactivated-5b031d0e868a5 (935 posts) -

Another sad loss for 2016.

#32 Posted by Haz (404 posts) -
#33 Posted by ZolRoyce (1589 posts) -

She was of course always an icon due to Star Wars, but she really blew me away with Wishful Drinking, her one woman show/documentary about her life. She was honest and funny and ever since then I liked her.
This is miserable. Just take a break Death fucking hell.

#34 Posted by Coolarman (1398 posts) -

God dammit. I really can't fucking take this stupid year anymore. RIP Carrie

#35 Posted by jerseyscum (1285 posts) -

Wishful Drinking is fucking hilarious. Anyone who can turn their own electroshock therapy treatments into a bit is a genius.

#36 Posted by anden4300 (88 posts) -

Fucking 2016...
RIP.

#37 Edited by Mikemcn (8565 posts) -

She was a super cool lady, i'm especially upset that her mother, the great debbie reynolds, had to still be alive to lose a daughter. That should never happen... a terrible loss.

#38 Posted by OMGFather (1027 posts) -
#39 Posted by selbie (2559 posts) -

Fuck this year. I was just getting over the relief that she was ok and then

"NOPE, FUCK YOU." - 2016

She was a wonderful person that made it acceptable to celebrate one's flaws. Requiescat in Pace, you sassy legend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
#40 Posted by deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f (654 posts) -

**** you 2016.

#41 Edited by DharmaBum (1747 posts) -

The Force will be with you, always.

#42 Edited by LiquidPrince (17073 posts) -

@ezekiel: What was tasteless about it exactly? I knew it was coming and it was still the most entertaining bit from that movie. Was very well done.

Regardless, may the princess rest in peace.

#45 Posted by JPPT1974 (120 posts) -

Really sad as 60 is just way too young to die!

#47 Edited by atomicoldman (831 posts) -

I was telling a friend a few days ago that people tweeting and posting stuff like "the Force is stronger than 2016" after she survived her heart attack were perhaps being too optimistic. I really hate that I was right. Cynicism needs to lose for a change.

#48 Posted by Sergio (3625 posts) -

My three crushes growing up: Carrie Fisher, Phoebe Cates, and Winona Ryder. I may be old now, but she was too young.

#49 Edited by Dave_Tacitus (2438 posts) -

@sergio: She was my first crush too. :)

(Properly) Iconic actress, great writer, unsung behind the scenes Hollywood fixer-upper and by all accounts one of the best people you could find yourself sitting beside at a dinner party.

Rest easy Carrie.

#50 Posted by Humanity (18580 posts) -

You can really feel the generational shift when your favorite actors from childhood pass away. At 60 it was too soon.