Cars and Generations

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

In 2017 I went from a 1990 GMC pickup that I'd been driving since I turned 16 to a 2005 BMW 325xi. Not exactly an upgrade to current generation, but that changeover still felt like whiplash. Based on years of release, the equivalent would be jumping from an NES to an Xbox 360.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I had an '07 Mustang GT for about ten years. Then I bought a '17 Fusion Titanium. It felt like I was sitting in a supercomputer compared to the low key technology from the previous decade.

Suddenly, the plot of Fate of the Furious made (some) sense.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My three most recent vehicles have been a '91 Mazda B2600, a '99 Chevy Silverado, and now a '10 Nissan Sentra. The best thing about my current vehicle is that it has air conditioning.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

Most recently I went from a '02 Nissan Micra, that I had for many years, to a 2019 Hyundai Kona. I huge difference in size and power. I like everything about the new car apart from the gear stick or the shifting (I've always used manual shifting), which is not very good in this model. I'm thinking about switching to a Hyundai i20 automatic instead in two years (still want a Hyundai).

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Jusging by my financial situation, I might end up stuck in the early 00s or even go back to the 90s next time around when my current car breaks down. Wish I could do my traditional 10 year leap (went from a 91 to an 01 last time). Sooo maybe I’ll enjoy the equivalent of retro gaming down the line.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went from a 2000 Ford Taurus to a 2017 Honda Civic, I still remember longing for the days of getting a car that had a CD player in it instead of an ancient cassette player, and now I just have a USB stick with a whole library of music on it in my car.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frustratedlnc

I had a 1970 El Camino as my first car in high-school. Then a 99 Yukon Denali in 2005 when I left to college. I bought myself a 2011 Audi A8 in 2013 when I got my PharmD and I just sold that car this year and am currently car-less (using my wifes car as she is working from home). I'm hoping to get a 2019 something or other. The El Camino to Denali and Denali to A8 were huge jumps, but I'm honestly not expecting much difference from 2011 to 2019. I loved my A8 and it had a bunch of tech jammed into it at the time.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my one and only car in 2008, an '04 VW Polo.
I don't drive far and its faults are relatively minor so it's probably good for a long while yet, unless the government gives some extremely good reasons to go electric.