Census time: The Ultimate Giantbomb Religion Poll.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contrarian

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Contrarian

Come on Giantbomb, it is Census time. It isn't a religious debate. It isn't which is better. It is just what religion are you so we can see what the Giantbomb community is made up of.

If you want to discuss why you are what you are, go ahead, it is interesting to know. Apologies if I missed any specific ones, but I think I got most of the obvious.

As for me, I am an Atheist. I was born into a Christian family who went to Church and were members of Christian Other - that being Church of England, the church you are having when you are not having a church. I never believed in a God from an early age as it simply made no sense to me. Still doesn't.

Let the Census begin! Be nice.

EDIT: I should have added "Amish" ............. I am not sure how many Amish video gamers there are.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Atheist, because that is what is trending right now.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Raised Catholic, been Atheist since I was ten.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Athei-what's Confucius doing up there? Does his system of belief count as a religion? I thought it was just a treatise on why family is totally awesome (and ghosts and stuff, I guess).

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

My beliefs are more Buddhist then atheist, but I don't believe in a God. also is it weird that spell check tells me to capitalize Buddhist, but corrects atheist to lowercase, I don't know.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Contrarian

@Video_Game_King said:

Athei-what's Confucius doing up there? Does his system of belief count as a religion? I thought it was just a treatise on why family is totally awesome (and ghosts and stuff, I guess).

I don't even know what it is. Seriously. Never looked it up, Still, it was on the list of religions. I didn't include your Moon religion as I don't know what it is. You can be other!

On our local government census, I declared myself religion to be Jediism, as any good geek should.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cheesebob

I am on the athiest side of Agnostic, but I still classify myself as agnostic.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zeushbien

I'm agnostic, cause it's the only logical stance to take imo.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Contrarian

@Cheesebob said:

I am on the athiest side of Agnostic, but I still classify myself as agnostic.

I call myself a Fundamentalist Atheist. I assume that is a real term, although being an Atheist makes you fundamentalist by logic.

I can't wait for a Rastafarian, Vodun or Druid to vote and explain what their religion is all about.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Contrarian:

We don't have religion. Like, at all.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Contrarian

@Video_Game_King said:

@Contrarian:

We don't have religion. Like, at all.

Well then, it's a pity Newt won't be President, as clealry we need to send a colony of missionaries to you desolate land to civilise you and bring venereal diseases.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Canteu

Irreligious. Fuck religion.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dagbiker

I like when people use "logic" in religion threads, unless you are describing your religion as "my religion is logic." then nothing about religion is logical, its about beliefs, not facts, not science.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Contrarian:

Fuck your selfish Earthly colonialism. Do you know the shit I had to put up with when you assholes simply landed on the Moon? RIOTS BROKE OUT BECAUSE OF YOUR OUROBOROS LEVELS OF EGOTISTICAL SELF FELLATIO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped believing in make-believe friends a long time ago.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Marz

i was born in a catholic family... i'm not a true atheist as i believe there is some greater power but not necessarily in any god or gods... so i don't know what i would associate myself with.

*edit* (after looking up some definitions i guess i fall under Agnostic)

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Contrarian

@Dagbiker said:

I like when people use "logic" in religion threads, unless you are describing your religion as "my religion is logic." then nothing about religion is logical, its about beliefs, not facts, not science.

We will never be rid of faith. Agreed that logic has nothing to do with it. I believe we are hard wired to have faith, to explain our existence. Then there are those who don't need a simple explanation and can be content with not knowing the answer. I like to be respectful to religious people though. My Mormon friends bless the food in our home when they visit, doesn't bother me. I think it would be rude to say no, as it doesn't hurt me.

@Video_Game_King said:

@Contrarian:

Fuck your selfish Earthly colonialism. Do you know the shit I had to put up with when you assholes simply landed on the Moon? RIOTS BROKE OUT BECAUSE OF YOUR OUROBOROS LEVELS OF EGOTISTICAL SELF FELLATIO.

You will eventually succumb. They all do.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CaLe

Whoever chose Shinto is a fucking liar.

And why you no Aum Shinrikyo poll? Why you no Aum Shinrikyo??

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dagbiker

@Contrarian said:

@Dagbiker said:

We will never be rid of faith. Agreed that logic has nothing to do with it. I believe we are hard wired to have faith, to explain our existence. Then there are those who don't need a simple explanation and can be content with not knowing the answer. I like to be respectful to religious people though. My Mormon friends bless the food in our home when they visit, doesn't bother me. I think it would be rude to say no, as it doesn't hurt me.

@Video_Game_King said:

@Contrarian:

You will eventually succumb. They all do.

I agree, some people need the hope that faith brings, or the companionship that God gives. who the hell am I to rip that away from them.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By InternetCrab

Atheist. I believe there is no proof of any god, and i think that religion sets too many conditions.

And i am very surprised anyone picked Satanism.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By BeachThunder

Join us next time when Contrarian asks more personal questions on a video game forum! Coming up next time on Contrarian Asks:, "What are you wearing?".

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Contrarian

@CaLe said:

Why would they be a liar and prehaps I should have added "Cult" to satisfy your needs!

I see Mitt Romney has joined us with our one Mormon vote. Just joking, I played a lot of Mario Kart with one ofmy Mormon friends and he kicked my arse - not very Christian of him.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CaLe

@Dagbiker said:

I agree, some people need the hope that faith brings, or the companionship that God gives. who the hell am I to rip that away from them.

You're an enabler.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mandude

Atheist, with a healthy dose of pagan (druid?) tradition.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Contrarian

@BeachThunder said:

Join us next time when Contrarian asks more personal questions on a video game forum! Coming up next time on Contrarian Asks:, "What are you wearing?".

Soooooo, what are you wearing?

I am in your computer, prying into your private lives .......... for the love of SpongeBob, put some pants on!

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Slay3r1583

Atheist. My parents aren't religious and never try to instill any kind of beliefs in me and I've never cared to try to find religion on my own.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dagbiker

@CaLe said:

@Dagbiker said:

You're an enabler.

You only think that because you think your view is right, they think their view is right.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NTM

My mom likes to believe in the ways of Protestant Christianity, but doesn't really do anything about it, but my Grandfather does (goes to church, plays guitar and sings songs about the lord), and I'm not exactly sure what my Grandmother is (Catholic or Protestant), but she's pretty religious too, though she doesn't go to church. I never knew my dad's parents, so I don't know what they were. My dad and brothers aren't religious; I think they're agnostic, though none of them outright said that. I guess I'm agnostic, kind of.

I don't really like Atheism, 'cause that's uninteresting, but I don't really care to believe in any religion, and when someone talks to me about it and tries to convert me, it bothers me 'cause I feel like those people are ignorant. I could be wrong though, but no one can tell for sure. All I know is that I like life, and I know right from wrong. I like science, what happens on Earth, and what could potentially happen in space. When it comes to after death, all I can say is I don't really believe in any of it, but I'd like to think there's some sort of life after death. My concerns aren't with religion, but life as a whole.

TheRealJpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By TheRealJpoe

Raised a back pew Baptist in a family of southern gospel singers.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By N7

Of course I believe in God(Christian), somebody's out for me.

Dots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dots

@NTM said:

I don't really like Atheism, 'cause that's uninteresting, but I don't really care to believe in any religion, and when someone talks to me about it and tries to convert me, it bothers me 'cause I feel like those people are ignorant. I could be wrong though, but no one can tell for sure. All I know is that I like life, and I know right from wrong. I like science, what happens on Earth, and what could potentially happen in space. When it comes to after death, all I can say is I don't really believe in any of it, but I'd like to think there's some sort of life after death. My concerns aren't with religion, but life as a whole.

This is basically my stance as well.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CaLe

@N7 said:

What do you mean 'of course' .. like everyone else does? And who is out for you? Do you mean looking out for you? Are you special?

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By phrosnite

A.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TruthTellah

Considering how many atheists and agnostics we have here on Giant Bomb, it's still amazing to me how one of the most common topics in the forums is religion. There's something intriguing about how obsessed and concerned many duders are with religious topics.

It doesn't really bother me much, as I think religion is interesting; though, I do dislike how often these threads simply devolve into arguments over who believes in God or spirits or the supernatural the least. Eventually, you just get some pleasant, high fellow who comes in and talks about how he's simply happy with life and the world and we don't need belief in things, just paint with the colors of the wind, man, etc.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By audiosnow

@BeachThunder said:

That's not controversial enough! Join us next week when he'll ask about our feelings on the legalization of marijuana! And the following when we discuss the Iraqi war!

Same time, same station!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By N7
@CaLe said:

@N7 said:

What do you mean 'of course' .. like everyone else does? And who is out for you? Do you mean looking out for you? Are you special?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38  Edited By JasonR86

I'm Christian-Other. I define myself as a Christian but I don't like to bend myself to fit specific models of this religion. I just believe what I believe. I also 'believe' I'm in the minority here.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#39  Edited By bibamatt

@BeachThunder said:

Yep, it's getting a bit weird.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By mscupcakes

The burden of proof of the existence of gods hasn't been met by anyone claiming they exist so atheism is the default position.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By BoG

@Contrarian said:

@CaLe said:

Why would they be a liar and prehaps I should have added "Cult" to satisfy your needs!

I see Mitt Romney has joined us with our one Mormon vote. Just joking, I played a lot of Mario Kart with one ofmy Mormon friends and he kicked my arse - not very Christian of him.

I'm not Mitt Romney.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CaLe

@N7: Now I feel silly. I've always been silly though.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jewunit

J-J-J-J-J-J-J-Jew Unit!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By N7
@CaLe: Word. I was stealing the quote in such a way that no one could accuse me! Everyone wins!
EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EchoEcho

@JasonR86 said:

I'm Christian-Other. I define myself as a Christian but I don't like to bend myself to fit specific models of this religion. I just believe what I believe. I also 'believe' I'm in the minority here.

I was raised Christian - Protestant (Assemblies of God), and that's what I voted since it's typically how I view and explain my beliefs -- although "Christian - Other" is perhaps a little closer to the truth these days, since it's been a long time since I've actually paid attention to the specific beliefs of any given denomination.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@Video_Game_King: So... so they did land on the moon. No just a studio then.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Video_Game_King

@IkariNoTekken:

Yes, they totally landed on the Moon. The flag and lander that are up there are fake, though; the real ones are in a Lunar musuem, detailing those terrible riots and the thing that caused them.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By optimusprime223

It has been my stance for sometime that if you want to believe in God, you go right ahead its your right and I respect that. However, following a religion is one of the dumbest things one can engage in. Next to soccer.

Why would you actively want to live your life your life according to someone else's rules about what you should and shouldn't do? especially if that person was alive 2000 years ago? it is just dumb to me. Live your life how you want to live it, be good in the way you think is right and if there is a God I am sure he will get your intention and only the most vile and evil end up in Hell.

Sorry if I annoyed anyone, but its how I feel on this subject. I chose Jediism, not because I believe its a real thing, but because it is about as real as anything else on the list...

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Karl_Boss

Apathetic Agnostic (aka I don't know and I don't care)

odezma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By odezma

Irreligious - Secular Humanist

Religion = Mankind's fear of becoming just worm food.