Changed my mind about WALL-E

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By JCGamer

So, I initially saw WALL-E with my wife, the weekend it came out and we both felt the movie was a bit slow, and got a bit silly towards the middle (pretty much when the humans got involved).  Well, I just saw the movie again on Blu-ray (mother-in-law gave the movie to us as a gift) and I have to say that my tune has changed.  I really enjoyed the movie--a lot.  I always remembered that this movie had heart, but I though the movie lost it's way when they got to the cruise ship.  But on this second viewing, everything thing seemed a lot more cohesive.  The humans really didn't dominate the 2nd half of the movie, like I remembered, and managed to tell a machine love story.  Really good film.  Will be interested to see how UP turns out.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JCGamer

So, I initially saw WALL-E with my wife, the weekend it came out and we both felt the movie was a bit slow, and got a bit silly towards the middle (pretty much when the humans got involved).  Well, I just saw the movie again on Blu-ray (mother-in-law gave the movie to us as a gift) and I have to say that my tune has changed.  I really enjoyed the movie--a lot.  I always remembered that this movie had heart, but I though the movie lost it's way when they got to the cruise ship.  But on this second viewing, everything thing seemed a lot more cohesive.  The humans really didn't dominate the 2nd half of the movie, like I remembered, and managed to tell a machine love story.  Really good film.  Will be interested to see how UP turns out.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bulldog19892

Definitely. Wall-E was one of my favorite films of the past few years, though many will disagree with me.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kratos81

I actually hated wall-e. Me and my GF thought it was boring as hell and we love pixxar films. I was very disappointed with it. 

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red
Kratos81 said:
"I actually hated wall-e. Me and my GF thought it was boring as hell and we love pixxar films. I was very disappointed with it. "
Well duh. Everyone knows Kratos doesn't understand love.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

I loved it, I thought it's non vocal visual comedy was on par with a great Chaplin movie at times. I also liked how the comedy appealed to both adults and children, The animation was expertly done.  Very cute too, that little Eve was awesome. The message of the film was positive for young people to see despite being light in tone. 5/5

Kajaah117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Kajaah117

Wall-E is an amazing movie. I still can't confidently say it's Pixar's best, mainly because just about every Pixar movie is a masterpiece, but it's definitely in the top 3. It takes genius writing to make a movie that appeals to children primarily, but is deep enough and mature enough to be appreciated by people of any age.

I can't wait for...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Agreed. I cannot wait for UP also, that old dudes characterization is funny, it reminds me of one of those dudes in the Muppets, the ones who sit up in the balcony trolling.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I liked Wall-E, he reminded me of Johnny 5. There were some scientific impossibilities in the movie that sort of irked me but the flick was enjoyable.

No Caption Provided

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Marzy

I loved it, it's one of my favourite Pixar films, along with the Toy Story films.

Up is looking good too, I can't wait to see more on it.

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By KingOfIceland

I love that damn movie, hell I'd call it my favorite movie of last year which is weird cause I didn't care all that much about Stanton's last fill-em, Finding Nemo. And really, when you think about it, there are so many things about that movie, both plot wise and presentation wise, that's pretty weird (robots in love, little speech, slower pace) so I can definitely see why people don't think it's all that.

Up looks pretty darn good, can't wait to see it.