Check out MY RPG List

captainzhao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By captainzhao

I've been working to rank all the RPGs I've played. It's starting to shape up, though still looks a bit lopsided. I wonder what games I've missed.

captainzhao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By captainzhao

I've been working to rank all the RPGs I've played. It's starting to shape up, though still looks a bit lopsided. I wonder what games I've missed.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

DId I miss it somewhere or was that list missing FFVI? Otherwise, wow someone loved their SNES. That is a ton of RPGs.  
Also, Golden Sun 1 and 2 GET!

captainzhao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By captainzhao
@AgentJ: VI is sitting pretty at number one. Yeah most of the SNES rpgs still stand out as the best when played today. 
ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ClownDetective
@captainzhao: I don't know abotu that. Random encounters pretty much ruin most snes rpgs. I doubt many still hold up.
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By fwylo

Dude thats alot of RPG's.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By fugie7

someone really loves rpg, but anyways that is a nice list you have there.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By kalmis

That's a one comprehensive list mate

PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PK_Koopa

Wow. Thats a pretty damn big list, nice job.
Although from the top of my head I can see your missing Skies of Arcadia and most shin megami tensei games( most notibly digital devil, Persona, Nocturne/Lucifer's call)

PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By PAJ89

Not bad. Someone mentioned Skies of Arcadia already, that's a good 'un. The original Wild Arms on PlayStation is something you might enjoy based on your list. Lush 2D graphics, excellent sound-track, challenging dungeons (Zelda-esque in some respects).

captainzhao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By captainzhao

nice. i'll have to check out skies of arcadia. 

@ClownDetective I actually prefer random encounters 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By oldschool
@captainzhao said:
" I've been working to rank all the RPGs I've played. It's starting to shape up, though still looks a bit lopsided. I wonder what games I've missed. "
Very impressive man, and plenty of games I would love to get my hands on.   

I did a rough count today after I saw this, and I count about 130 RPG  in my collection.  I didn't really get into RPG until the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance.  Although Pokemon was technically my first, it wasn't until the GBA came along that I got my first Final Fantasy.   I never owned a PS1, and to be honest I am glad I didn't, which is why I was late.  I have made up for it since.

Now it is the main genre I play, almost entirely JRPG, but I really love SRPG - Fire Emblem being the best.
monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By monetarydread

Awwwww, boourns. You put Lufia 1 ahead of 2? That's just wrong. Awesome list though, plus, I would recommend you try out Disgaea for the DS or PSP. I didn't see it in your list, and that is easily one of my favorites.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Xeiphyer
@captainzhao: Not to be a dick, but you didn't need to post this to the forums. Also I think posting a blog or thread to the forums to advertise something of yours is against the rules.

As for not dickishness: If you can't remember what RPGs you might be forgetting, try browsing other peoples RPG lists, I can almost guarentee you will see a game you forgot =P
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By oldschool
@Xeiphyer said:
" @captainzhao: Not to be a dick, but you didn't need to post this to the forums. Also I think posting a blog or thread to the forums to advertise something of yours is against the rules.  As for not dickishness: If you can't remember what RPGs you might be forgetting, try browsing other peoples RPG lists, I can almost guarentee you will see a game you forgot =P "
Did I miss something?  What was he advertising?  I thought he was just discussing his RPG collection.
captainzhao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By captainzhao
@Xeiphyer: yeah, i actually didn't mean to. i hit that button that came up after the blog post without thinking. oh well though.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Xeiphyer
@captainzhao: Haha its no worries, The way that thing pops up after you make a blog is really confusing. It totally seems like you NEED to post to the forums or your blog is lost or something =P

@oldschool:
Ah, just because its like making a thread that says "Come check out my other thread". Its not commercial advertising, but its still silly =P
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Hold up. You think Lufia 1 is better than Lufia 2?

captainzhao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By captainzhao
@SuperfluousMoniker:  Yeah, I actually do. Lufia 2 is great though. Not going to lie, 1 is getting some nostalgia points.