Check Out The Trailer For The New Spider-Man Movie

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks pretty good. You can kind of tell it's early days tho, or maybe they just didn't want to show too much. Anybody looking forward to this?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I always appreciate a little visual innovation. Robert Zemeckis proved that doesn't make a good movie on its own, though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veektarius: True but the writers involved with this seem well regarded.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm always looking forward to a good Spidey film, and they seem to be on the right track to getting Miles Morales correct.

My one hang-up with this trailer? Every. Single. Film. With a black lead just HAS to have rap music as its track. Enough is enough, Hollywood. Believe it or not, we're not all "from da streetz, homie!"

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I think it looks cool, it's got a striking style. It's also a good idea for them to make these animated movies instead of just focusing on the live action stuff. DC has done tons of direct to dvd animated movies, so maybe Marvel did the same for Spider-Man and it just went under my radar till now, but I think that's a good way of adapting the comics. It's probably inherently better than live action for the material, and I've loved a couple of the Spider-Man cartoons. Not the ones since Disney bought them out though, so it's been a while.

But I haven't really cared about Miles Morales(or realistically, any Spider besides Peter Parker) so far. So the Spider-Verse angle isn't my jam.

kuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems really cool. I am not sure if I like low framerate. Probably takes a while to get used to.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Tom_omb

All I know about this is that Phil Lord and Chris Miller are involved. So I'm down. Don't know much about the character Miles Morales either. I like the look. The low frame rate looks cool. Animation is supposed to be shot on twos! (12 fps)

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm always looking forward to a good Spidey film, and they seem to be on the right track to getting Miles Morales correct.

My one hang-up with this trailer? Every. Single. Film. With a black lead just HAS to have rap music as its track. Enough is enough, Hollywood. Believe it or not, we're not all "from da streetz, homie!"

What? Vince is a rapper, I'll grant you that, but that was hardly rap "from da streetz, homie!" whatever that's supposed to mean.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobstar: You get what I mean. It's not about the individual rapper, it's about the fact that every black guy on film has rap as a theme. It's like rap is our racial anthem or something.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Animation reminds me of that early 2000s MTV Spiderman series.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: This is actually going to theatres and not straight to DVD like DC does.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Holy shit that looks fucking AWESOME. He's rockin some Spider-Gwen shit too.

@toxin066 said:

Animation reminds me of that early 2000s MTV Spiderman series.

Yeah that was my first thought too, except this looks waaaay fuckin better. (Also that MTV series was surprisingly great; the Electro origin episode I remember always standing out)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Yeah, the style is extremely Spider-Gwen.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I did not know they were making an animated spider man movie. But this actually looks super cool.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, before clicking play I thought that they're actually rebooting Spider-Man for the fourth time and in less than a year.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full blown release or is this a limited one before the dvd drops? Have heard nothing about this until today, and it comes out in a couple weeks so my guess is limited release?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I was not expecting this to look so good. I love the visual style, and I totally thought that was Spider Gwen in the screencap.

acertaindeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

SICCCCK.