Avatar image for deadliestwarrior
deadliestwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deadliestwarrior

2 was overall funnier, I thought the 37 dicks joke in the original was just lame and not funny.

Jay and Silent Bob were alot funnier in 2 as well. With King Diamond, Welcome Home

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Neither.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

hmmm.... I liked the first one a lot when I was 16. And I remember the Second movie had a moment or two, but I don't like it better.

Tangentially,  I think Dogma and Mallrats (for what it is) are the only solid Kevin Smith flicks.
Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bobdaman18

It'll probably come down to which one was popular when u were a teenager. I watched clerks when i was about 16 and thought it was amazing. I saw clerks 2 in theaters and really didn't care for it.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By donchipotle

You like Clerks 2 because it had thirty seconds of a King Diamond song in it? You're easy to please.

Clerks was the better of the two, but they weren't exactly great. The cartoon was better and Chasing Amy is about the only Kevin Smith film that isn't either dick jokes or self indulgent masturbation.

FraggingRights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FraggingRights
I loved Clerks about 10 years ago, but ended up growing out of it for the most part. Still has some memorable moments though. 

That being said, I didn't find Clerks 2 to be funny at all. More of just as cash-in riding on the nostalgia for the first. 
Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue
@FraggingRights said:
" I loved Clerks about 10 years ago, but ended up growing out of it for the most part. Still has some memorable moments though. 

That being said, I didn't find Clerks 2 to be funny at all. More of just as cash-in riding on the nostalgia for the first. 
"

oh man I still have a mark on my head from the facepalm I gave myself on that "one ring..." gag. Clerks was better.

It seems like everyone kinda grows out of those movies. Zack and Miri was the kind of the cold slap in the face that made me look back and wonder "what the fuck was I laughing at?"
Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to love clerks 1 never liked the second one anyways I enjoyed Kevin Smith movies much more when I was a teen it seemed alot funnier now they seem to childish for my taste.

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Rincewind

Second one is superior.

Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stray

Clerks. The humor really hits home for anyone who's worked a mindless shitty job for any length of time. Clerks 2 just seemed to be an obvious cash grab. It went in a different direction and really didn't seem to have anything to do with the first movie besides the characters. Too much of a teen movie for me.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Clerks 1 was better,but Clerks 2 also had its moments. 

Also this. 

@VelvetLore04 said:

"The cartoon was better and Chasing Amy is about the only Kevin Smith film that isn't either dick jokes or self indulgent masturbation. "

But no matter how many shitty movies Kevin Smith makes he will still have an undying army of fans following him.

But i have to say the best movie he was involved with was A night with Kevin Smith, his Q & A always cracks me up. 

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zityz

Neither. Both are dumb movies.

1. is just a few people talking off a script in black and white. No one talks like that. Just because your movie is black and white doesn't mean it's indie.
2. Two was just stupid dick jokes and crude humor, none of which was actually worth watching. Really? a dude trying to fuck a donkey?...that's whats shocking and funny now? 

Personally, I hate Kevin Smith movies, with exception to Mallrats, Dogma. Also, certain parts of Jay and Bob strike back are funny. 
My interpretation of a Kevin Smith movie goes as follows. Take an interesting idea. Shit all over it, add a few star wars references in it to make it "cool"

That's how I feel about it anyway. 
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By louiedog
@FraggingRights said:
" I loved Clerks about 10 years ago, but ended up growing out of it for the most part. Still has some memorable moments though. 

"
Agreed. I watched Clerks for the first time when I was about 14 and saw it a bunch of times over the next few years. I didn't see it again until 3 or 4 years ago and it doesn't work for me anymore. I was never a huge Kevin Smith fan. I thought Mallrats was funny when it came out and Jay & Silent Bob had some moments. I've always thought Chasing Amy was pretty awful, I don't understand how people can genuinely find meaning in that movie. I saw Clerks 2 on TV (HBO or some other premium movie channel, so no I didn't miss anything) and I didn't like it at all.
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Devil240Z

Jay and silent bob strike back. 

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Pibo47

As good as clerks 1 was...i gotta go with 2. Fucking donkey show. "Im sorrrryyy jesusssssssss"

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By crusader8463

No clue. I remember enjoying both when I watched them. So I guess the same?

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17  Edited By spiceninja
@zityz:  The first Clerks was black and white because he couldn't afford color film, he wasn't attempting to be pretentious. And it is indie since he funded the entire movie independently with his own money, hence the word indie.

Personally I love Clerks 2. I love the characters and the ending feels incredibly heartfelt and sincere. Love it.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Xeiphyer

Clerks 2

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By GalacticPunt

I found both very funny, but Clerks 1 automatically wins because Clerks 2 ends with a montage set to an Alanis Morisette song.  King Diamond cannot cancel out that musical crime!

@zityz: I won't try to change your opinions, but the first Clerks is an indie film.  That's a fact.  The shoot was self-financed by Kevin Smith with little hope of people actually seeing it.  Dude shot on black and white 16mm because that's what his credit cards could afford.  By his own account, he was just very lucky that the Weinsteins saw the flick and decided to distribute and promote the hell out of it.

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ClaritySam

Clerks is much better in my opinion, I still enjoyed the sequel though.  Love me some Rosario Dawson.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#21  Edited By citizenkane

Clerks 1 was better, but Clerks 2 was still really funny.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By nutta27

Jay and Bob are allot funnier in the 2nd and the whole universe is more fleshed out but he first has that independent spirit that I just love.    

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I really like both of them, but I think the second one is the overall better movie.