• 66 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Season 5 thoughts here, if you please.

Episode 1: Did a fine job of setting things up. Lots of ground to cover in 20 minutes, but it wasn't bad.

Episode 2: Amazing. Nicolas Cage good or bad might be the funniest thing to come out of Community. Alex would probably love this.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

The Nic Cage Good and Bad thing, hilarious.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Is season 4 worth catching up on at all? I never got around to watching it, but apparently it was kinda bad so I'm not sure if I should just start with the new stuff and risk being confused or what.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Is season 4 worth catching up on at all? I never got around to watching it, but now apparently it was kinda bad so I'm not sure if I should just start with the new stuff and risk being confused or what.

Just skip it.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Troy's reaction to Abed's comment about Zach Braff only being in the first 6 episodes of Scrubs season 9 was great because of Donald Glover's own decision.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Abed's Nic Cage impression was genius. I'm also a big fan of Mike from Breaking Bad's work. Yes, I'm aware he has a real name other than Mike. No, I'm never going to call him anything but Mike.

embryonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit, thanks for reminding me it's back. Glad to hear it's good again too.

ryanmc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I'm happy they did both episodes back to back. Episode 1 was a little light on laughs but it did exactly what it set out to do. Episode 2 was fantastic. I made a sound of joy when I saw Hickey sitting at the table with the rest of the gang. I really really don't want Troy to leave but I'm glad the show is in the right hands to manage it

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Those two episodes made up for all of season 4

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By robsamuel

I thought Season 4 was fine, but I'd forgotten how good Community could be. These two episodes were great.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

season 4 is fully skippable (except when you have absolutely nothing left and want to see story points) but these first two episodes of season 5 have been great, some really good Dean moments too.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's official. Community is back. The premiere was fantastic.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both episodes were great. Community is fucking back.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@sergio: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought ep. 1 was ok but not bad, ep. 2 was pretty great though. Also is Mike replacing Chevy chase as the old man of the group, if so then I am down with that.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

I wonder if they went back to film that spot because of his decision, which I thought was made after they had begun filming - I could be wrong.

@disaya said:

I thought ep. 1 was ok but not bad, ep. 2 was pretty great though. Also is Mike replacing Chevy chase as the old man of the group, if so then I am down with that.

I was kind of hoping for Leonard Rodriguez.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Well, they definitely earned some goodwill just by straight up admitting they'd messed up even before whatever happened last season. It was a little weird watching this, but I'm on board.

Best part: "Minuses are made up!" *Fat Neil knocks over trash can*

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Both of those episodes were probably better than all of season 4. Abed's Nic Cage freakout was amazing.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Andorski

The two episode premier makes me wonder how the hell the show is going to move on once Glover leaves. It's not like he's the central focus of the show, but with Chevy gone the cast felt a little incomplete. Once Donald leaves the show they need to either make the Dean and/or Chang a much more central character(s) (although I think it's a bad idea; both characters are great only when used sparingly) or they need to bring in someone new.

The best thing about the premiere though is that Chang seems to have stopped being a retard. That character was ruined in season 3, but it looks like their bringing back season 1 "el tigre" for season 5.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

These first two episodes are better than the entirely of last season. Dan Harmon really does make a difference there.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@andorski said:

The two episode premier makes me wonder how the hell the show is going to move on once Glover leaves. It's not like he's the central focus of the show, but with Chevy gone the cast felt a little incomplete. Once Donald leaves the show they need to either make the Dean and/or Chang a much more central character(s) (although I think it's a bad idea; both characters are great only when used sparingly) or they need to bring in someone new.

The best thing about the premiere though is that Chang seems to have stopped being a retard. That character was ruined in season 3, but it looks like their bringing back season 1 "el tigre" for season 5.

I literally forgot Chevy Chase was in Community until the hologram bit. Donald leaving will certainly have a much bigger impact since the show often relies on Troy and Abed for side gags but with Harmon back on-board I expect it won't be too jarring.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what the fuck was this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Ass crack bandit!

Holy shit, that was a terrific episode.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aegon

Backwards ass-crack chang was scary and hilarious. Abed's little "crime analysis" moment was pretty funny as well.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they say why Pierce was banned from campus? Just curious if I missed it or if we are supposed to take it at face value.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what the fuck was this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great parody of gritty, crime procedurals that was perfectly executed.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I loved the parody, but the jokes themselves were kinda eh with me. Not bad, by any means, but not as good as those two first two episodes. As for Pierce, I don't think it was ever said, so I think that's just a face value joke thing.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I just watched Episode 3 today. I have to say I laughed incredibly hard at things that probably didn't warrant it.

"What are you going to do? Not have butts?"

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Man this season just shows how big of a part Dan had in the quality of this show.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Backwards Chang was amazing!

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like this season is going to be pretty great.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously didn't get this episode, I only laughed twice (that "What are you going to do? Not have butts?" was pretty great). I feel like I've missed something seeing as the everyone else loved it.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

There's nothing to miss. Either "butt" is a funny word or it isn't, because that was 90% of the joke.

(The other 10% was using a blue filter and specific camera angles to make everything look like a cable police procedural and Abed calling every character on those shows autistic).

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we're all in agreement that Britta was the ass-crack bandit right? Right? Okay.

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Beb

@hyuzen said:

So we're all in agreement that Britta was the ass-crack bandit right? Right? Okay.

I'd have to watch it again, but I think that there was no bandit. It was just different people doing the attacks and blaming it on the bandit.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

What kind of world do we live where not only did Community comeback for another couple seasons, but the show creator got fired, which dropped the overall quality of the show, and then came back to save it? We're apparently in the best timeline.

Loved the third episode!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aegon

Troy and Abed are in moooourning.

What they're doing with Pierce is funny, but this episode didn't reach the bar set by the previous episodes.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beb said:

@hyuzen said:

I'd have to watch it again, but I think that there was no bandit. It was just different people doing the attacks and blaming it on the bandit.

I can totally see a "Batman: The Long Halloween" type of scenario where several people nickel'd other people's cracks for a variety of reasons, with the public consensus incorrectly believing that a single person was behind all the incidences.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski: That also makes a lot of sense.

Man, Abed's "cool, cool, cool" was rough.

embryonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By embryonic
No Caption Provided

Nice bit of continuity.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Absolutely loving this season, definitely a return to form even though the two funniest characters (imo) are leaving/have left. Just like the paintball episodes, I can see them returning to the ass-crack bandit story. Also, the revelation that Pierce died of dehydration from bottling all that sperm was probably the perfect way to go for him.

Avatar image for scandinavianstar
Scandinavianstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must have been Britta but anyway this i a great start to the season

Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Roldan

No Caption Provided

Nice bit of continuity.

Continuity is one of the best things about Community. I mean i still remember this joke:

Loading Video...

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another great episode tonight. I guess a happy Dan Harmon does make all the difference.

I miss the casual bigotry, but Buzz Hickey seems to be rounding into the perfect Pierce replacement.

mattadord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was the episode spoofing? I felt I was this close to figuring out watching it, but just couldn't figure it out. But I have been loving this season so far. I was about ready to stop watching the show last season, but I'm glad I stuck with it because it has been worth it.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lava World episode was a bit of an improvement over the last episode but I feel like the formula is getting a bit stale and characters are hardly evolving. The Pierce episode without Pierce was a neat concept but just ended up feeling like it was filling in a madlibs with the words you expect to be chosen. I'm not really heavily anticipating the next episode and that's a huge bummer.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Hey, seat-feet! Chair to dance?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol at the end the reading rainbow dude.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@markwahlberg said:

Is season 4 worth catching up on at all? I never got around to watching it, but now apparently it was kinda bad so I'm not sure if I should just start with the new stuff and risk being confused or what.

Just skip it.

I kinda want to watch it just to get all the jokes they make about how bad the last season was. I know there were a few in the first two episodes like Chang making fun of the concept of changnesia.