Computer Help, Please...

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By twenty0ne

Ok, I'm decent with computers, but I really need some advice/help here.

I was using my laptop to open some pictures for editing, and the file was quite large. The file opened, and then the laptop froze. I tried to un-freeze it, everything, and it didn't work, so I shut it down.

Upon trying to restart it, my screen wont turn on. All the buttons light up, but the screen does nothing. I can hear the fan working, and it's receiving a charge. However, I can't completely tell if the HDD is spinning - but I believe it is.

I've tried booting from a USB, hooking up an exterior monitor, etc., to no avail. What should I do now? Anyone have any idea what the problem is? I was thinking that the videocard or display is to blame, but I'm unsure

If anyone could possibly shed some light on the problem, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Open up the laptop (very carefully, ground yourself beforehand) and make sure your cable didn't become disconnected. That's the first thing. After that, move on to more complicated issues. Like your videocard or display having broken or corrupted drivers.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By twenty0ne

I'm just hoping its not the HDD. I don't want to lose my stuff...