Conspiracy: What was Mr. Rumsfeld doing at a UFO Conference?

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By serbsta

Ok, well its been a while since a proper conspiracy has been posted on the Giant Bomb off-topic forum, so here goes.

“Reports that say something hasn’t happened are interesting to me, because as we know, there are known unknowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”
Rumsfeld, ex Secretary of Defense

Source: http://www.presidentialufo.com/donald_rumsfeld.htm:

Allen Hynek had told me a very interesting thing many years ago and he said he simply didn’t know what to make of this particular remark (From Donald Rumsfeld). He found it both intriguing that he could consider it a blowhard kind of remark.

Allen said that at some point when Rumsfeld was Secretary of Defense, he went to Washington, and he got an appointment with Rumsfeld. He had been for many many years a consultant for the Air Force on UFOs phenomena. He actually knew Rumsfeld. He said that they chatted about this and that in Rumsfeld’s office and then he turned to him and said, “Don, I have to ask you something. I have been in this for years looking at the UFO phenomena. I feel like at this point in my life I am in a position of ‘need to know’ what you know or what some agency might know that I don’t know. I have a ‘need to know’ I feel."

He said that Rumsfeld stood up and pointed a finger at him and said, "You have no ‘need to know’ and then sat down again. That was the end of it.

Although what he said above could be seen from two sides, one could also consider that Mr. Rumsfeld is fully aware of the UFO phenomena and the truth behind it. So the question remains (using the below evidence), what business did Mr. Rumsfeld have in attending a UFO Symposium?

---

The Symposium on Unidentified Flying Objects.
Hearings Before The Committee On Science And Astronautics, U.S. House of Representatives, Ninetieth Congress, Second Session, July 29, 1968.

Here is the introduction:
”Today the House Committee On Science And Astronautics conducts a very special session, a symposium on the subject of Unidentified Flying Objects; the name of which is a reminder to us of our ignorance on this subject and a challenge to acquire more knowledge thereof.”

Below are the first 2 pages of the Symposium. Pay attention to the second part of Page 2.
Page 1
Page 1

Page 2
Page 2

Enjoy the conspiracy, thoughts are welcome. =]
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Snipzor

What are the odds that a right-wing psycho actually earns the "psycho" title?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Endogene

Haaaa the perfect place to post my twisted art:

Alien centipedes did it i say

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By serbsta
Endogene said:
"Haaaa the perfect place to post my twisted art:

"
Lol, nice painting, do you have a Deviant Art account?

... don't hijack my thread, please. =]
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene

Not exactly tried to make one couple of months ago, for some reason  they don't like my IP adress. Really should make the effort to make one some day.

Would not dare to hijack a conspiracy thread ^^

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Hexpane

When are we going to try this guy for war crimes already?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Systech

Here's the real question:

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By serbsta
systech said:
"Here's the real question:

"
Hahahaha. Nice vid.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive

i gotta look up the video though, but theres this one guy who claim he used to have the highest level of security clearance back in the day, before he retired from the military and became an activist or whatever about UFO's. he can prove he had a really high clearance but i don't think he can prove that high, but i dont think anyone could, because that would then be...whatever. the point is, he says he is well aware of the different types of aliens. he said there are some that looks just like people. its freaky dude. anyways, he says the government hides it on purpous because they fear people going crazy, with religion and all that shit, they think people have too much uncontrollable fear.