Contest - win Renegade Ops on steam with your photoshop skills

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By rentfn

My dear Giant Bomb community. I am but a simple Photoshop layman. I need your help to create a Poster for an upcoming event. Each year my friends get together for an event called Movie-a-Thon. We get together and spend the whole day watching movies in the theater. It started as a way for us to get together when we were all off at college and now that we've graduated we keep going for fun. Anyway each year I try to come up with funnier way to invite people. Last year I made save the date magnets. This year I would like to create a movie poster to mail to people.

No Caption Provided

This is where I need your help. The first image is what I came up with. I wanted it to look something like the Second Image. I am looking for you to use movie posters from Daybreakers, Munich, Black Swan, The Good Shepard, Sweeny Todd (Johnny Depp Version) and The Producers to form the seven. You can use one blank spot of a Question Mark (we missed one movie-a-thon and it's been a running joke that we've been trying to figure out what happened to it), The caption above the seven can read "Movies: Impossible - The Girl with the Film Reel Tattoo" Then under the seven "Movie-a-Thon January 14th, 2012" You can use just a plain background and please at the bottom put created by, or a symbol you like to use for your work.

The winner will recieve a copy of Renegade Ops on steam, A copy of the Poster and my eternal gratitude. If you have any questions please PM me. Please pm me the final image or just post them in the thread. Please have all submissions in a week or two. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me. Good luck and have Batman

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By rentfn

My dear Giant Bomb community. I am but a simple Photoshop layman. I need your help to create a Poster for an upcoming event. Each year my friends get together for an event called Movie-a-Thon. We get together and spend the whole day watching movies in the theater. It started as a way for us to get together when we were all off at college and now that we've graduated we keep going for fun. Anyway each year I try to come up with funnier way to invite people. Last year I made save the date magnets. This year I would like to create a movie poster to mail to people.

No Caption Provided

This is where I need your help. The first image is what I came up with. I wanted it to look something like the Second Image. I am looking for you to use movie posters from Daybreakers, Munich, Black Swan, The Good Shepard, Sweeny Todd (Johnny Depp Version) and The Producers to form the seven. You can use one blank spot of a Question Mark (we missed one movie-a-thon and it's been a running joke that we've been trying to figure out what happened to it), The caption above the seven can read "Movies: Impossible - The Girl with the Film Reel Tattoo" Then under the seven "Movie-a-Thon January 14th, 2012" You can use just a plain background and please at the bottom put created by, or a symbol you like to use for your work.

The winner will recieve a copy of Renegade Ops on steam, A copy of the Poster and my eternal gratitude. If you have any questions please PM me. Please pm me the final image or just post them in the thread. Please have all submissions in a week or two. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me. Good luck and have Batman

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King
No Caption Provided

And just to make sure that you see this, @rentfn: ...

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rentfn

@Video_Game_King: I really like it. Thanks a lot for putting in the time for it!!!! Anyone else?? or do we have our winner??

Aklimakks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Aklimakks

Figure i'd give this a quick shot. Not exactly the most inspired design, but maybe you'll like it.

No Caption Provided

I've got a hi-res print-ready PSD if you need it.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

Aw shit. There goes my free game.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By alistercat

@rentfn: I made one in the same style as I made a Zelda poster before, which is based on 1950s movie posters. There is a clean version and a dirty version, A3 300DPI. Aklimakks is pretty great though.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rentfn

@Aklimakks: @AlisterCat: Oh wow those two new entries are amazing. Thanks so much for taking the time and making these!!!! This is going to be a tough choice. I'll give it a couple more days to see if anyone else wants to throw their hats in the ring.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King
@rentfn said:

This is going to be a tough choice.

Between those other two contestants, right :P?
Aklimakks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Aklimakks

@AlisterCat: Well played, sir. Yours is clearly the superior entry as far as i'm concerned.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Aklimakks: I like the question mark on your poster.

Also, Sweeney Todd was awesome, Daybreakers was pretty average.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rentfn

I have to cut the entries short because it will take awhile to get order in and delivered. Congratulations to @AlisterCat for the amazing poster. Thank you so much. Please PM me your steam ID name and I will send you a copy of the game. To @Video_Game_King: @Aklimakks Please check your inbox for a consolation prize. I can not thank you three enough!!!!