Critique my singing voice?

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ztiworoh

So, I was messing with garageband last night and recorded a quick cover of The Postal Service's "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" and was curious what people thought about how it sounds.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger

Better than I am, kinda fell apart at 1:20 though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Sounds like the kind of American Idol audition where Paula Abdul goes "Honey, you're good but you need just a bit of practice", Randy Jackson throws out some friendly slang, and Simon Cowell tells you to keep your day job.

But yes, it was mostly all right, it just hit a sour note at 1:20. You could be much better with a lot of practice. You're definitely a better singer than I am.

pakalolobro420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pakalolobro420

its not good man

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OfficeGamer

I can easily sense a brilliant alternative rock sound in your voice, but you need to work on your style. You need to sound either sad or indifferent in order to sound cool. You sound too passionate and amateur.

But yeah if you polish that voice I would totally listen to your songs in my car.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Tireyo

@believer258 said:

Sounds like the kind of American Idol audition where Paula Abdul goes "Honey, you're good but you need just a bit of practice", Randy Jackson throws out some friendly slang, and Simon Cowell tells you to keep your day job.

But yes, it was mostly all right, it just hit a sour note at 1:20. You could be much better with a lot of practice. You're definitely a better singer than I am.

I couldn't of said it any better.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

"Ya know man... I just ain't feelin' it. I ain't feelin' it man."

I rate your singing a 6.8 out of ten. That's the upper half of fair; nearly good. While that may sound negative, believe me, it's actually better than a lot. I give you points for courage to sing and post it though. I've been told by quite a few people that I'm a pretty good singer (sorry if that sounds arrogant), and I'm pretty confident in my ability to sing, but I'm not courageous enough to do something like this. I used to be in choir and was selected to be in there from my music teacher, after that, I never really wanted to sing again for large audiences. I think if you keep up with this you'll just get better and better. The point is, you're not a bad singer, certainly not to the extent that if someone were to say "Wow, singing's just not or you" that it'd be true.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jams

I don't know what to think of it. Its kind of good and kind of bad. But the bad part just seems like it'd go away with practice for sure.

ajkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ajkent

Think about how you are breathing. It sounds like you are trying to make some of the notes come out using sheer determination instead of using your air to produce the tone. (Where I am)