• 53 results
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

Just got stung while mowing the lawn. Probably a yellowjacket or something. Probably ran over its nest. Thats gotta be the first time ive been stung since i was 6. Doesnt hurt as bad as i remember... Lucky i only got stung once, since i didnt have a shirt on.

Edit: Next time i'll punch every bee in the face
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

Just got stung while mowing the lawn. Probably a yellowjacket or something. Probably ran over its nest. Thats gotta be the first time ive been stung since i was 6. Doesnt hurt as bad as i remember... Lucky i only got stung once, since i didnt have a shirt on.

Edit: Next time i'll punch every bee in the face
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

Getting stung sucks.  I've been stung twice by wasps both times on my right ear, and like 8 years apart.  Kinda weird.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Mmm, well I can tell you from personal experience that yellow jackets (which do suck) aren't as bad as Jellyfish stings. Man...I couldn't look at the ocean the same for months after that happened.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Absurd

I hate bees

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
@ZombiePie said:
" Mmm, well I can tell you from personal experience that yellow jackets (which do suck) aren't as bad as Jellyfish stings. Man...I couldn't look at the ocean the same for months after that happened. "
Crap, i cant even imagine dude. Ive heard some really bad horror stories about jellyfish stings
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

I got stung once by a wasp. Didn't hurt that much. That was years ago, never got stung again.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain

Yellowjackets are wasps. Either way, those fuckers send me running! Similar story to ArchScabby, as a kid a bee flew in my ear, stung me and died. So now anything buzzing makes me nervous.

If you ran over it's nest you probably would've got stung more than once, it was probably just lost and drunk, are there any fruit trees in your garden, or any rotten fruit nearby? We have an apple tree in the back garden and every damned year if we dont pick them up off the ground every morning they begin to rot and the wasps get drunk, it's horrible. They sting you for no reason when drunk, normally they'll check you out and leave unless you have food on you, or you freak out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Hey, just remember that when bees sting you, they die from the stinger ripping their guts out of their body.  Therefore...you get your payback without even knowing it!  BWAHAHAHA!!!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@AgentJ:
They're Apparently Common Where I Was Swimming
They're Apparently Common Where I Was Swimming

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
@The_A_Drain said:
" Yellowjackets are wasps. Either way, those fuckers send me running! Similar story to ArchScabby, as a kid a bee flew in my ear, stung me and died. So now anything buzzing makes me nervous. If you ran over it's nest you probably would've got stung more than once, it was probably just lost and drunk, are there any fruit trees in your garden, or any rotten fruit nearby? We have an apple tree in the back garden and every damned year if we dont pick them up off the ground every morning they begin to rot and the wasps get drunk, it's horrible. They sting you for no reason when drunk, normally they'll check you out and leave unless you have food on you, or you freak out. "
I did see others in the vicinity. When i get back out there I'll check for nests. I remember the last time i got stung was definately because of someone in my party stepping on a nest and i got stung twice. that was over a decade ago though. there isn't any fruit nearby, just trees and leafy bushes. 
I'm used to having bees and wasps and such around, and they almost never bother me, even when they are buzzing around my face. In my experience, if you dont do anything to them, they wont do anything to you. 
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not the sting that bothers me, it's the inflammation/itching/rash that I get for a week after a sting.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain
@jakob187:

Not all of them, only honey bee workers. Honey bee drones don't have stingers at all (the big fluffy ones) and most other species can apparently sting repeadetly.

Wasps also can sting repeatedly (although Yellowjackets also have barbs, they are not as pronounced as honey bee workers, so only sometimes they will die)

The barbs on their stingers are for fighting other insects, tears the brittle exoskeletons apart, whereas the elasticity in our skin gets stuck on the barbs, and rips it out. Which debunks the common belief that bees only sting as a last resort, they dont know they are going to die :)
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@jakob187: That's actually an urban myth, only a few varieties of honeybees will die after stinging you. Most bees, including wasps, will continue to attack a predator (you) after the first sting until they are either dead, away from their nest, or until the insect has been released from the predator.

Oh but your pun is still funny....
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ

Maybe i should consider myself lucky. I ran over another nest (the first one was just a tiny hole in the ground with a bunch of angry bees when i checked it out) and between the two i only got stung once. Thats a pretty good ratio I think .

Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Sick_J0ke

When you get stung by a bee it leaves a scent on you that only other bee's can sense and makes them attracted to you. I heard it can last for a few weeks so stay away from bees till then. 

Then again, my source was from a bee horror movie that was inspired by a true story, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red12b
@The_A_Drain said:
"Yellowjackets are wasps. Either way, those fuckers send me running! Similar story to ArchScabby, as a kid a bee flew in my ear, stung me and died. So now anything buzzing makes me nervous. If you ran over it's nest you probably would've got stung more than once, it was probably just lost and drunk, are there any fruit trees in your garden, or any rotten fruit nearby? We have an apple tree in the back garden and every damned year if we dont pick them up off the ground every morning they begin to rot and the wasps get drunk, it's horrible. They sting you for no reason when drunk, normally they'll check you out and leave unless you have food on you, or you freak out. "

Lazlow Killer Bees

Lazlow: "Hello caller, you are on the air. Are you sane!?! Eh-heh...are you a sane caller?!?"
Caller: "Absolutely Lazlow. Killer bees!"
Lazlow: "K..killer bees!?"
Caller: "Yes, killer bees! Did you know that the current migration north continues, we will all be dead in 3 years?!? Do you want to become a bee's supper?!? I don't! That's why we must act now!!! Killer bees must be stopped!"
Lazlow: "I wonder why more people aren't talking about this, I mean, killer bees swarming, and it sounds pretty serious!"
Caller: "Aah...but the killer bees are nothing compared to ants! You can't kill them! They are like sheep, they are going to take over!!"
Lazlow: "Alright, thanks caller."
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By RedSox8933
@ZombiePie said:
" Mmm, well I can tell you from personal experience that yellow jackets (which do suck) aren't as bad as Jellyfish stings. Man...I couldn't look at the ocean the same for months after that happened. "
I haven't been to a beach in 7 years because of a jellyfish sting.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19  Edited By dsplayer1010

Hornets are even worse. Trust me

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I fucking hate wasps. They creep the shit out of me.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Oh what a glorious thing to be,
A healthy grown up busy busy bee,
Whiling away
The passing hours
Pinching all the pollen
From the cauliflow'rs.
I'd like to be a busy little bee,
Being just as busy as a bee can be,
Flying round the garden
Brightest ever seen,
Taking back the honey
To the dear old queen.

Bz bz bz bz, honey bee, honey bee,
Bz if you like but don't sting me.

Toying with the tulips,
Tasting ev'ry type,
Building up the honeycomb
That looks like tripe.
I'd like to be a busy little bee,
Flying all around
In the wild hedgerows,
Stinging all the cows
Upon the parson's nose.

Visiting the picnics,
Quite a little tease,
Raising little lumps
Upon the maidens' knees.
I'd like to be a busy little bee
Flirting with the butterfly
Strong upon the wing.
Whoopee! O death
Where is thy sting?

To be a good bee
One must contrive,
For bees in a beehive
Must behive.
But maybe I wouldn't be a bee,
Bees are all right when alive, you see,
But when bees die
You really should see 'em,
Pinned on a card
In a dirty museum.

AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AzureSupernova

Yeah, fucking sock those bees in right in their face! Bwuahahaha, bastards! >=]

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AgentJ
@MattyFTM: Thats a hell of a poem. Did you write that?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@AgentJ said:
" @MattyFTM: Thats a hell of a poem. Did you write that? "
No, it's a song by Arthur Askey. Do they not teach you kids anything in school these days? Anyway, here is the song:

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By Tireyo

I'm allergic to bees, and I try to avoid them at all costs.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Video_Game_King

Why would you punch bees in the face? Without bees, you'll never see any great flower tits.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I have never been stung. Yeah for ninja reflexes!

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By teh_destroyer

I got attacked by bees when I was 13. I was dragging some branches to a spot for my dad, when I accedantly ran over a yellow jackets nest. There were a bunch of them from what I remember, and some hornets also joined into that madness I had caused. I didn't go outside for MONTHS after that day, I was to terrified to even go outside and get the mail. I have never been on friendly terms with them since then, and I still flinch almost everytime I see a flying insect zoom by me almost 11 years later.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Wolverine
@AgentJ: Where did you get stung?
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By c1337us

I have only been stung by a bee once and it didnt hurt that much. A mud wasp on the other hand got me pretty good once. I still have a slight scar on my arm were I got stung by one 15 years ago so you can imagine would it would have looked like at the time, pretty nasty.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Sick_J0ke said:
"When you get stung by a bee it leaves a scent on you that only other bee's can sense and makes them attracted to you. I heard it can last for a few weeks so stay away from bees till then. 

Then again, my source was from a bee horror movie that was inspired by a true story, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. 
"

Not sure if this is true. Could be though I guess.

I do know that killer bees secrete a pheromone when they die, which other killer bees from the same nest can smell, they then swarm the area en masse.

Ants do a similar thing, if you squish an ant, it sends out a smell which other ants keep away from by a short distance because they don't want to die.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AgentJ
@Wolverine said:
" @AgentJ: Where did you get stung? "
on the back of my left leg, a few inches above the ankle
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgentJ said:

In my experience, if you dont do anything to them, they wont do anything to you. 
"
That was my experience too, until a random motherfuckin yellow jacket came out of nowhere and clinched on to my throat for 7 seconds and then I had to pull it off, and I was just standing still admiring my goats.
CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CactusWolf

Yep. I was stung 4 times on my way out to get the mail the other day by some yellow jackets.

Damn things.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_A_Drain said:
" @Sick_J0ke said:
"When you get stung by a bee it leaves a scent on you that only other bee's can sense and makes them attracted to you. I heard it can last for a few weeks so stay away from bees till then. 

"
Not sure if this is true. Could be though I guess.I do know that killer bees secrete a pheromone when they die, which other killer bees from the same nest can smell, they then swarm the area en masse.Ants do a similar thing, if you squish an ant, it sends out a smell which other ants keep away from by a short distance because they don't want to die. "
According to Cracked.com, Japanese hornets spit out an acid like spray onto it's targets to attract every other bee in their hive to come.  It also burns flesh.
This is what they look like:
No Caption Provided

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RetroIce4
@AgentJ said:
" @ZombiePie said:
Crap, i cant even imagine dude. Ive heard some really bad horror stories about jellyfish stings
"
I've never been stung by bees or anything, but I have been stung by a Jellyfish. The funny thing is I don't remember getting stung. Just a sharp pain and waking up on the beach with this weird spread out lump on my leg where it got me. I don't actually remember anything after that.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Commando

Yellow Jackets aren't that painful though. The problem is, they get pissed off pretty easily and swarm more.

We had a honey bee hive inside the thermal expansion cracks between our bricks on our house. The hive was between the bricks and the house so they were in there pretty good. 
They're endangered, so we couldn't get anyone to come and kill them. They're not that aggressive, but my dog kept getting stung. We eventually decided to put the window screen over the vents to starve them. That finally killed them.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Wolverine
@AgentJ said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @AgentJ: Where did you get stung? "
on the back of my left leg, a few inches above the ankle
"
Ah, that sucks but it could have been a lot worse. I have a friend that got stung in the face multiple times.
cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cc23574

Your best friend against zombies,bees and feminists.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_A_Drain

My dog keeps trying to eat wasps/beets etc, he comes in from the garden looking like he's just been punched in the mouth.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Commando
@The_A_Drain said:
" My dog keeps trying to eat wasps/beets etc, he comes in from the garden looking like he's just been punched in the mouth. "
That's what mine did with the honey bees. They stung her from the inside of the mouth and looked so pathetic. Her face was HUGE. 
We called the vet and they said give her roughly 1 mg of Benadryl per pound of body weight. She weighs 90 pounds so we gave her 100 mg of it and her face swelled right down. 

It did pretty much knock her out though so don't expect to go throw a tennis ball with the dog if you do it.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#42  Edited By Hailinel

I've only been stung once in the back of one of my calves.  It hurt probably more from the shock of being stung than anything, but I'd rather not get stung again.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By artofwar420

BEES =/= WASPS

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cc23574 said:
"
"
An airsoft gun?
cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cc23574
@xobballox said:
"@cc23574 said:
"
"
An airsoft gun?"

Apparently it's a UTG Heavyweight black shotgun
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iam3green

yes, they suck. i get nervous of them. i got stung a lot of times when i was younger.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cc23574:  UTG is an airsoft brand if I'm not mistaken, pretty sure that's the same airsoft gun my friend has ;p
cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cc23574
@xobballox said:
"@cc23574:  UTG is an airsoft brand if I'm not mistaken, pretty sure that's the same airsoft gun my friend has ;p"

It can be,I do not carry the knowledge regarding pistols and such.

Still your best friend against zombies,bees and feminists though.
Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sick_J0ke
@xobballox said: 
According to Cracked.com, Japanese hornets spit out an acid like spray onto it's targets to attract every other bee in their hive to come.  It also burns flesh.
No Caption Provided
"
Whoa, guess the poor rated made for TV fox movie was right afterall. 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Sick_J0ke said:
"@xobballox said: 
No Caption Provided
"
Whoa, guess the poor rated made for TV fox movie was right afterall. 
"

Yeah, damn.

I just hope that other movie was wrong, and bees can't get in through a cars air vents.
Although scarily that one sounds kinda logical.