Deadpool trailer is out

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Deadpool is coming back after that horrible depiction in X-Men Wolverine Origins. The question is whether the second time will be the charm. The teaser sets up the tone quite nicely. It even references the mistake they made inOrigins.

Likewise the trailer looks to be faithful to the source material. I just hope that they can handle the tone of the movie. I have a feeling that they will be unable to balance everything out and we will get a film where it is serious outside the scenes when the character is in costume.

Also the idea of Deadpool having sex is kind of weird.

Teaser

real trailer

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Well, color me interested in watching the Deadpool movie when it arrives next February. Looks like they will be sticking to the source material and keeping Deadpool's trademark humor and over the top moments, which is a good thing. Can't wait until the next trailer hits down the road and we get to see more of the "Merc with a Mouth" in action.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm looking forward to this. But maybe it's because I'm super tired, but most of those jokes fell flat to me :(

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

HHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

If this movie has a Shoryuken in it, I will die of happiness.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yup. Looks fucking great. The animated eyes are gonna go a long way. Also hearing DMX makes me hope for an ending where he joins the X-Men and rocks that yellow and black costume.

That van bit looks pretty much the same as the test footage that leaked a while ago. Sold me on a Deadpool movie when I first saw it:

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Parts of it were good and parts of it were trying a little too hard.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All in...I mean I was well before the trailer since Deadpool is my favorite character, but still.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Parts of it were good and parts of it were trying a little too hard.

Yeah, a lot of the humor just didn't hit with me.

@theht said:

The animated eyes are gonna go a long way.

I feel like this movie might be the first to get the eyes of a superhero in a suit right. They just nailed that. Almost wish I could see what that technique would look like on a live action Batman.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still glad they went for an R rating for a superhero movie. If you're gonna do it, might as well do it with Deadpool. Obviously that becomes a bit of a problem if you try to cross it over with X-men or whatever. Looking forward to it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So weird that they kept the same actor.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Nothing in the trailer was funny =(

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

I'm sold

Linkachu95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trailer looks cool? It was just shocking seeing a more violent super hero movie after every other one has been pg-13. Although Daredevil was fairly graphic and I loved that.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many of the jokes fell flat, but I love that we're getting a rated R Marvel movie. Punisher: Warzone was so much fun.

Also, I'd love it if Wolverine made a cameo and tore people to ribbons.

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humor isn't really clicking with me, it seems like it mostly just tries to be raunchy and provocative just for the sake of it. I am glad that it seems to actually have a proper story though. I was kind of afraid it would be nothing but "WINK WINK WINK" the entire movie, which wears thin pretty quickly.

Yesiamaduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks fun but not funny

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think it's gonna be great. And if you want to see more mature rated action flicks, even non-serious ones like this, go see it. Because getting budget for it was a nightmare.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galiant said:

Nothing in the trailer was funny =(

I dunno... You look like an avocado had sex with an older avocado made me chuckle.

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested to see if they can pull of that kind of comedy in a live action situation. Deadpool was kinda made to be animated, with how zany and off the walls he can get. Wonder if they'll tone down his zaniness and slowly ratchet it up as the movie progresses or something. Have to wait and see.

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

DMX? What year is it again?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_mantas: I want more mature rated action flicks. I don't want to see this movie. I'm not going to see this movie just for a cause.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Looks like there could be some good action, but none of the jokes in the trailer are any good. I don't like Deadpool very much anyways so this doesn't really bother me.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still smile every time Deadpool breathes in gunsmoke out of both barrels.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

put it back in

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever found Deadpool funny.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying too hard. Yep, it's Deadpool alright.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Ghostiet

@crysack said:

Deadpool's problem is that his writing is all over the place. Mark Waid laid the groundwork for a more dramatic Wade Wilson. Joe Kelly and Fabian Nicieza struck the perfect balance between wacky hijinks, fourth wall breaking and actual drama which made the character so effective and well-liked, so did Palmiotti and Scalera to a lesser degree. Oh, and Gail Simone managed that too with Agent X, even if the jokes were a bit weaker at points. Christopher Priest just threw every joke he came up with at the wall to see what will stick, same thing with Frank Tieri. And Daniel Way went full hog into "lul deadpewl funneh", which is when Deadpool started being too much, since the humor started to overshadow a lot of great character moments. The only longer arc he did that was funny all the way was the one where Deadpool fights the Skrull army.

I liked the trailer, though. Some of the humor is try-hardy, sure, but they get the tone of the character overall. And since they are doing his backstory AND the Copycat romance, I have high hopes that they'll make the dramatic portions of that character work well.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's changed a tad from the comic-con trailer, but still looks great.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see this to support material which needs the R rating to be fairly authentic to the source (rather then cutting it down to PG-13 to make more cash), but only two jokes got a chuckle out of me.

I mean, I get it. Ryan Reynolds was fucked over in a couple of superhero movies. I was hoping they'd do something more clever with it then just call it out (maybe they will). If that's symptomatic of this movie's brand of humor, it just might not be for me.

Come to think of it, Deadpool himself just might not be for me.

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not that it looks bad or anything, but Ryan Reynolds is shouting about not wanting to have an animated costume because "Get it? Green Lantern was terrible."

And then they give him an animated costume? What?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sure looks like a Deadpool movie, for better or for worse, depending on your point of view.

It's the only Marvel movie I'm interested in watching. I wonder if they will ever even try to introduce Deadpool into the wider MCU and have cross-over films.

Reynolds looks like he has a pretty good sense of humour though, if the jabs at himself and previous acting roles are anything to go by.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phrosen said:

Not that it looks bad or anything, but Ryan Reynolds is shouting about not wanting to have an animated costume because "Get it? Green Lantern was terrible."

And then they give him an animated costume? What?

It's not an animated costume. Parts of his mask are being animated to make it as expressive as the comic book version. Hence the white eyes.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I think it looks great! Humor not bad either, several good lines there. If I hadn't planned to see this already I would do so now.
Looking forward to all the stupid ways they are going to break the fourth wall.

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the eyes, but I can't stand Deadpool. This trailer just reinforces that. Something about it taking place in the "real world" is totally fucking disturbing too, and not in a fun way. I think I could see the character working within the MCU or a wider universe but as essentially a solo hero (with maybe a Logan appearance), it just doesn't work for me.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Colony024

@barrock said:

Punisher: Warzone was so much fun.

Off-topic in regards to this thread, sure, but I just wanted to point you in the direction of The Projection Booth podcast. They did an episode on Warzone a while back, which includes some pretty in-depth interviews with the director; former karate and kickboxing champ and all-round kick-ass lady Lexi Alexander, another with one of the actors (not the guy playing Frank Castle, but the dude who played Loony Bin Jim), and another with Gerry Conway, the creator of the Punisher. I highly recommend their podcasts to any film lover.

As for this movie, I'll wait and see. Don't think it looks bad, but I do I think I'm a bit superhero'd out for now, and Deadpool's humour always felt very hit or miss to me.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By viking_funeral

@crysack said:

The more recent Deadpool series is much more full or memes, pop culture references, and "lul so randumb." These spread quickly across the web, so you're more likely to see that stuff than some of his older, more nuanced stuff.

Then again, if you read stuff like the Joe Kelly run and didn't like it, you might just not find him funny. Which is perfectly fine.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zombie2011

I hope it does well. I'm getting tired of the dark/brooding comic book movies. Having just seen Ant-man where both the visuals and dialogue were funny, i really want to more lighthearted comic book movies, like the original Spider-man movies.

the last avocado joke of the trailer was funny.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking_funeral said:

@crysack said:

The more recent Deadpool series is much more full or memes, pop culture references, and "lul so randumb." These spread quickly across the web, so you're more likely to see that stuff than some of his older, more nuanced stuff.

That's where you're mistaken, Deadpool's latest run is super nuanced and not just dumb for the sake of it. You're thinking of Way's run which was terrible just because it was dumb joke after dumb joke completely missing the seriousness and the actual character of Deadpool. The latest run, by Gerry Duggan, has the more serious Deadpool that clearly only has the humor to hide what the character has been through.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't expecting much from the trailer but I'm interested. It was way more violent than I was expecting but I guess I don't really know the character.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

This is awesome. I can't fucking wait!

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ravelle

@viking_funeral said:

@crysack said:

Then again, if you read stuff like the Joe Kelly run and didn't like it, you might just not find him funny. Which is perfectly fine.

Humor is hard and it really depends on who's writing him at the moment, Deadpool around the "cable & Deadpool" time was some good writing, nothing too forced and still a fun read. It had Deadpool being an actual merc killing dudes for money, having his own things going on instead of using him as a prop for jokes.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't know much about Deadpool because he's never really interested me, but this looks like it should be a fun movie judging by the trailer. Some of the jokes are trying a bit hard, but that seems fairly intentional to me so whatever.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Retris

The beginning of the trailer had me hooked as it seemed to have that tragic feel Deadpool should have. Then the costumed part started and my interest fell sharply. Sure, he's unfunny and annoying like Deadpool should be, but I didn't get that "constantly makes jokes because if he stops joking he starts crying" vibe from it that's central to Deadpool. Blind Al seemed really out of character too, but Weasel was pretty good (and I like the dude in Silicon Valley too).

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@viking_funeral said:

@crysack said:

That's where you're mistaken, Deadpool's latest run is super nuanced and not just dumb for the sake of it. You're thinking of Way's run which was terrible just because it was dumb joke after dumb joke completely missing the seriousness and the actual character of Deadpool. The latest run, by Gerry Duggan, has the more serious Deadpool that clearly only has the humor to hide what the character has been through.

To be fair, Way did one good thing drama-wise - Deadpool's scene in Wolverine: Origins where he goes on a diatribe about how selfish and idiotic is Logan's "revenge quest" is pretty damn good, even if it's ruined by Daken and his stupid hair.

groposo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By groposo

I like the fact that it is R rated. But the jokes fucking suck. Maybe it's because I always thought deadpool was fucking stupid and now that he's become the internet personified I just can't stand him. To be fair people tell me that his early stuff is more serious but I never got around to reading it. I'll problably wait for the dvd release and watch this movie on mute in the confort of my own home.