• 57 results
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@turboman said:

Wow, I'm shocked at all of the Planet Terror love going on here. I thought the movie was way trying way too hard, and made me think that perhaps Robert Rodriguez would be a good candidate for directing Sharknado 2.

Death Proof is a movie straight from the 70's. The first half is PERFECT. Second half is a bit slow but the 30 minute car chase at the end makes up for it.

Death Proof is too loaded with Tarantino-isms for my taste.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Death proof by far. You can tell tarentino didn't give a fuck and went full on tarentino during the movie.

Plus that ending where they all jump in the air? The greatest

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now lets leave this thread for another 5 years and see what we think then!

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By AcidBrandon18

PSN is having a Flash sale on movies. Both Planet Terror and Deathproof are on there. I chose Planet Terror.

Edit: Just saw it and absolutely loved it! Michael Biehn is in it!

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Easily Planet Terror for me but man, Death Proof is still mighty good and it's helps that Mary Elizabeth Winstead is in it as well. :)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Death Proof just felt a little too creepy for my tastes. Like I had something foul stuck in my teeth. I like most Tarantinos for the most part but I had a hard time with that one.

Not sure I ever got around to Planet Terror. My opinion of Rodriguez has varied somewhat drastically over the years. I would definitely peg him as more of a style over substance kind of director than Tarantino.

xPolyMorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By xPolyMorphic
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@rorie: i think Joe Carnahan has kind of become a better Robert Rodriguez-ish filmmaker than Rodriguez himself.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Seikenfreak

Death Proof.

I'm a car guy and he got the action right. Not dumb crazy over the top special effects or stunts but back to its roots with legit cars doing dangerous yet legit stunts. Zoe Bell stars and does her stunts. I still can't believe someone could do some of that stuff and not die. Fantastic audio. The hemi sounds like a hemi. The Vanishing Point Challenger was sweet. Blacked out Dodge Charger which could be a tribute to the chase scene in Bullitt. The (ugly) yellow early 70's Mustang, which was probably a tribute to the yellow Mach 1 in the original Gone in 60 Seconds. Kurt's death machine Chevy Nova, which in reality is completely plausible. If someone were to kit out their street car with the proper safety equipment, you could legitimately slam into another car and probably be fine.

Oh and Mary Elizabeth Winstead in that cheerleader outfit. Good lord. I think this was the first time I'd ever seen her in something and since then I am immediately interested in anything she does, though nothing has quite lived up to that role. Actually, I really liked her in Scott Pilgrim which was more of an actual role lol.

No Caption Provided
isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Planet Terror is pretty great, but Death Proof is one of my favorite movies full stop.