Describe your latest obsession/fascination in 3 sentences or less.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mellotronrules

I'm always interested to hear what's resonating with the people- be it a piece of visual art, music, film, game-related, scientific fact or fiction. Be it high-brow or low-brow, i'm interested in it all. Further- i find it a useful exercise to try to distill and condense your affection for a thing into a concise thought.

So lay it on me (in 3 sentences or less)! what's currently turnin yer crank? Also point of protocol- maybe keep the youtube embeds to a minimum so the thread doesn't explode.

For me- this piece of music from the annihilation soundtrack

new link cuz the old one got DMCA'd.

FAIR WARNING: you really should first experience it as intended with the visual elements from the film in a loud theatre (if/where possible, condolences to the non-north americans). speaking as a guy who derives an inordinate amount of satisfaction from music that wrestles with duality (synthetic/natural, loud/quiet, soothing/disturbing...think oneohtrix point never, burial or aphex twin)- this thing abso-fucking-lutely nails the tone it's going for. it's utterly astounding the way this piece perfectly compliments an intensely uncanny scene.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I just saw Darkest Hour and thought it did very well in contextualizing the decision-making of the war council via scattered depictions of goings-ons elsewhere. The King's Speech dips its toe similarly during the titular speech (to great effect I thought), but it's more evenly dispersed throughout here. I love it when a story dealing with grand topics is able to step outside of its particularly relevant locales in order to evoke the bigger picture; not so much that it wrestles away focus, but just enough to remind you of the gravity and scale of the decisions being made and of the much wider world that exists in parallel to the principle characters.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've fallen into the Vinny hole of woodworking. Been watching a bunch of youtube videos of people making desks and chairs and tables. I always loved working on that stuff when I was younger with my dad but do not have the tools.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I've been watching YouTube Poop which is usually remixed clips of King of the Hill for comedic effect

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Greg

Bill Burr - In the current political climate, with feminism being massively rampant and the world just being generally full of people who are quick to judge or make out that they're being judged, there aren't many people that are speaking out and calling bull****, for fear of being called a sexist or a racist. Except for Bill Burr, who has pretty much become a beacon of how to approach these conversations, if you're not wanting to take any of it too seriously. It may not be entirely politically correct, but he sums up my feelings perfectly and makes me laugh whilst doing it.

Disclaimer: I understand how important equality and tolerance is and I'm sure everyone else here does too. The above isn't an invitation to open up a political debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Dude it's Gunpla but with Dragon Ball and Star Wars characters! I literally have Goku posed throwing a Kamehameha at Boba Fett while Android 18 looks on in boredom. Kinda disappointed there isn't a Piccolo or Mr. Satan kit yet.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fortnite, save the world. I was playing some battle royal and had fun, than got into save the world. There are tons of systems and counters to grind away at and I've been enjoying watching numbers slowly tick up.

I wanted to watch dragon ball kai, but effort it took to actually find it to watch was too much, I almost got subtitled version cause it was the only one reasonably priced.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Getting the psvr and dirt rally just before Xmas has ignited a newfound passion for sim racing. I’m now eying a fanatec force feedback wheel setup for ps4/pc/Xbox I will drive to the US to pick up (to save 300-400 on shipping), a sim rig, and upgrading my pc to handle vr.

GrayFox666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m getting into some anime (like everyone else in the world apparently) and binged all episodes of The Ancient Magus Bride and its really charming. Want to see Annihlation but don’t think I will see it in theaters unfortunately.

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YAKUZA DUDES RIPPING THEIR SHIRTS OFF AND GETTING INTO POINTLESS FISTFIGHTS. GOD DAMN, THOSE GAMES ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST BECAUSE THEY EMULATE JAPANESE CRIME FILMS WHILE ALSO INSERTING THEIR OWN BRAND OF WEIRDNESS. Also, Dragon Ball is ok i guess.

Anduran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not a new facination, but I've listened to 50 (!) episodes of the History of Rome podcast over the last week.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I basically haven't played anything but Monster Hunter World since it released. My reasoning, in three sentences?

Hunt Monsters. Make cool shit. Use cool shit to hunt more monsters to make more cool shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-6109c8479bb3d
deactivated-6109c8479bb3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'll do you one better: I'll write a haiku.

*ahem*

Monster Hunter, sure

"Whisky" has a dope closer

practicing right now

For reference: the flourish is called Whisky by Nicolas Supertramp

Loading Video...

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I've really fallen into fighting games. I've watched hours upon hours of FighterZ and Injustice 2 videos on YouTube, and I've blown through 99% of One Piece Burning Blood's content in three days.

Send help.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cerberus3dog

Watching Overwatch League has taken up Wed - Sat for me and I'm playing Overwatch everyday now whereas usually I'd only play during special events. I'm watching "tech" videos, I'm looking at forums for OWL gossip, I'm trying to improve my mechanics; All of which is completely out of the norm. I don't know how long this will go on but OWL has gotten its hooks in me.

@anduran The History of Rome podcast is fantastic and led to a obsessive spree reading about Rome and trying to find Roman games to play. I ended up playing Total War Rome II because of that podcast.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By BaneFireLord

The phrase "Eldritch Neon" popped into my head a few months ago and I've been designing a cyberpunk/Lovecraftian horror tabletop RPG system ever since. It's basically a cobbled together chimera of D&D, FATE, XCOM, Fallout, and Call of Cthulu. I'm terrible at balancing so I'm sure my playtest on Sunday is going to be a complete disaster but I had fun making it and that's all that matters, dammit.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stumbled across Virtuallyvains youtube channel last week. Im in love with this video of him trolling people in Black ops as a crazy African dude who knows waayy too much about you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnglD5-h9A Last one was a little rough, but couldnt have gone more perfect.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Monster Hunter: World. I'm 99% sure I'm a Fashion Hunter. Help.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By SMTDante89

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure after I got into it between jobs after being fired. It really kept my mind off of the struggle of finding a new job and I just love so many aspects of it. Really came into my life at the perfect time and surprisingly made me want to get into better shape (about 30 lbs. down as of this writing!)