Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Fuck the new Digg.  I tried it for the past few days, I really tried to like it. 

Digg has turned into a RSS reader with top sites getting priority, which is odd because I go to those sites regardless.  I go to digg to hear the little guy's voice, and the comments.  Now I just get fed the sites I normally go to with lamer Digg comments, which DONT work and HAVEN'T been working for the past few days.  

It's too connected to the Facebooking, Twittering, MySpacing, and FourBoxing.  Do I really need all that?  I never added a single person on my Digg account from Facebook...I don't want people to know what I did.   Hell, my user name on Digg isn't even KaosAngel.   

Man, did Kevin Rose fuck up big on this.  I dunno what he saw aside from money, but he knew this wouldn't work...he had to know giving top blogs top spots would be the dumbest thing to do, considering the average Digg user goes to those sites regardless.

Sure, Digg needs money...they got it now.  I am done with Digg, when people whore out to others it's not worth it.  No longer is a community strong.   

I, Stephen Colbert, fully endorse Reddit, a site build by the community for the community. 

Suck it Kevin Rose.  Enjoy the quick cash you made. 

Who else left Digg this weekend?!  

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By BunkerBuster

First off all its Digg, was never good. Second of all Digg getting worse because of more social networking functioning, that was the whole point of the site. Third Kevin Rose doesnt control that site so your hate is misplaced.

The moral of the story is to use google reader and just cull from all the news sites you already trust.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DriveupLife

I hate digg, it's always been full of liberal asspies who take everything waaaay to seriously and have never been outside of their house. I'm glad Kevin Rose is done with Digg, I hope he sells his share and takes his angel investing elsewhere.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By tomance

I kind of started using reddit.  I still go to digg but not as much anymore, reddit is just more interesting now.

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Teaspoon83

Man, I just visited the site. Never really used digg before, just a visit here and there when I was extremely bored. I knew Kevin Rose had returned after a long time just doing the Diggnation show and he was on Twit.tv talking to Leo Laporte about the changes he had in mind. It sounded interesting. But visiting the site to see links coming from well known websites stinks. I have an RSS reader and that will work just fine. 

Reddit and StumbleUpon have worked just fine replacing it.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andorski

Reddit FTW.

I still watch Diggnation though.  Kevin Rose seems like a cool guy.

chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chogi

i stopped going to digg a year ago. never really missed it.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Azteck

I never used Digg. Never knew what it was for. Looks like I won't now either.

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Ujio
@KaosAngel:  If it makes you feel any better I've never visited Digg. Well I take that back, I have but I was just so damn confused about what the whole point was that I left.
wibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wibby

i have been dancing around both sites for over 2 years, V4 Digg killed it's self... 

All links severed to Digg now, Reddit Is my only net news site now.... Damn it!
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

Nothing ever posted at Digg or Reddit has ever mattered, so I'll stick to my newspaper and said newspaper's website.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Fallen189

He probably doesn't care what someone like you thinks of his website. Just because one idiot kicked up a fuss, doesn't mean the entire internet is going to stop using the website. Get over yourself

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By raviolisumo

Digg has been awful for a long long time.

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArcLyte

i abandoned digg a few months back and switched to reddit. it's 100x better than digg ever was.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel
@ArcLyte said:
" i abandoned digg a few months back and switched to reddit. it's 100x better than digg ever was. "
Hell yeah, I'm just noticing it now.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Andorski
@XII_Sniper said:
" Nothing ever posted at Digg or Reddit has ever mattered, so I'll stick to my newspaper and said newspaper's website. "
You don't get gems like this in your local or national newspaper:
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KaosAngel
@Andorski: HOLY SHIT!  I JUST REDDIT THAT UP!  :D :D :D
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By Cube

hi reddit! 

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
@Cube said:

" hi reddit!  "

*high five* 

It's so much better.  I'm slowly learning to not type "di..." on my new tabs.  :\ 

Side note, see this is the shit I was talking about...when you change too much shit, and take your fanbase as idiots, but do it for new fans...everyone leaves.  If only animes could learn. 

Most The Top Stories On Digg are From Reddit 
Most The Top Stories On Digg are From Reddit 
pectoral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pectoral

I just went to reddit, and hot damn... that is a poorly designed website.  

Before you accuse me of being some sort of Digg fanboy, I never used that either.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Digg is being ruined by diggs (see what I did there) who are afraid of change, spamming with reddit-stories and comments like "Digg is dead"!

The new Digg would stop XKCD from being posted 50 times every monday, wednsday and friday.

Anyway, forget about it. Move on.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
@pectoral: Good, honest opinion then. 

Compare the new Digg site to Reddit, which is better with articles and stories and layout?
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KaosAngel
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" The new Digg would stop XKCD from being posted 50 times every monday, wednsday and friday.  "
...but this is the best XKCD yet.  :(
callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By callik

I switched from Digg to Reddit about 18 months ago. The only thing that kept me around for so long was Diggnation and even that got stale when half the running time is promos for sponsors. Hearing about the fall of Digg all weekend I decided to check it out.

Holy. Shit.

I hope they made a ton of cash selling out because there is nothing redeeming left on that site. Shame really, they had a good thing going for a few years.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KaosAngel
@Callik: Teach me how to Reddit, by the time I get to a story it's too late to add my opinions of truth and freedom.   

I keep seeing the same articles all day without change. 

EDIT:  Did you know Reddit has a Jailbait section?  I was pleasantly surprised to find out.
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By ReyGitano

When Digg first launched, it was great for the first year or so. Somewhere around those last few years of High School, it all went to hell, and fast. Haven't been on Digg since.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Daveyo520

Ugh, I've seen enough about this on reddit, now I need to see it here too?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KaosAngel
@Daveyo520 said:
" Ugh, I've seen enough about this on reddit, now I need to see it here too? "
Reddit senior, teach me to reddit...the site doesn't update stories as fast.  Explain to me the functions of Reddit...why are half the stories on the front page about Digg users?
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Daveyo520
@KaosAngel:  They are talking about it because after being under Digg's shadow for so long they are coming to their own. Also We had an influx of Digg users this week leaving from Digg4. Also I am a learker there and don;t do much, so I don't know the ins and out.
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By mosespippy

I didn't use digg in the past because I don't give a fuck what some random asshole on the internet likes. Everybody games Digg anyway. The new Digg is so that I can get links that my friends like. The idea is to build a community. That might involve demolishing the old community. Either way i still won't use digg. I'll get all my internet links from the people that I follow on twitter.

callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By callik
@KaosAngel:  You could sort by new if you're always after new stuff. Comment votes work similar to Digg in that the first people there tend to get all the upvotes so if spreading truthiness is your mission then commenting on new or upcoming links won't hurt.

But honestly, subreddits are the real reason you should stay. Whatever you're interested in, there's likely a subreddit with like minded people and if not, start one. Edit your subscriptions to make the front page relevant to you.

And yes, that includes a diverse selection of nsfw material. r/gonewild is a good place to start.
Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Laharl

Eh replied in other thread about this but ill do it again, redditor for over a year and half and i never used digg, i went to it once and was bombarded with ads and never went again. As far as what to do for the newbies just save all the subreddits you might like and peruse those every day. Also digg failing is a somewhat big story and since they are "rivals" reddit is all over it, just like any super popular meme its all over the place for a day or 2 then goes away and reddits back to normal. Enjoy the complimentary bacon, the narwhals and Keanu eating sammiches.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KaosAngel
@Laharl: @Callik:  

I see, I see.  That explains that.  Yes, the Sub-Reddits are nice, and the community is nice enough that I used KaosAngel as my log-in.  Plus the lack of Facebooking and whatnot was a better deal.  

The comments are way funnier on Reddit too.
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By Tordah

I used to visit Digg purely for entertainment reasons, never for the community aspect of it. I never even bothered to register there and now I'm glad I never did.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jimi
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers