• 68 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Ok so people are dived at Christmas time, there are the people who walk around in Christmas jumpers, humming Christmas songs and take a lot of Carr in setting up there Christmas decorations. Then there are the people who avoid shops that play Christmas tunes, don't send Christmas cards and are often called "Grinch".
Are you a fan of Christmas or are you looking forward to the time when it's not Christmas?

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BlinkyTM

I love Christmas! If you don't like Christmas you can go live with the Grinch on Mount Crumpet. I hope he rapes you up there.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By GeekDown

I love christmas, but as I get older I find it harder and harder to get in the right mood. I usually just end up watching a ton of christmas movies and listening to christmas music in order to really enjoy it. But usually when I get my first bite of the chrismas ham (swedish tradition) I'm in full on christmas mode.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Julmust

I love Christmas, as GeekDown said, christmas ham with some mustard on a knäckebröd and I'm in the holiday spirit. Fucking hate christmas music though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would say I dislike Xmas less than I dislike the rest of the year.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MezZa

I like christmas. I don't really get in the Christmas mood until a day or two before the actual holiday though.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

Even though I'm atheist, I don't hate Christmas. I just like being able to have a break from shit.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By FireBurger

I love Christmas. Absolute favorite time of the year.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hizang

I work with children, so it's hard not to get in the spirit.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vestigial_Man

Surely that's a rhetorical question?

If I must answer, OF COURSE I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By BulletproofMonk

@Jolt92 said:

I love Christmas, as GeekDown said, christmas ham with some mustard on a knäckebröd and I'm in the holiday spirit. Fucking hate christmas music though.

This.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wickedsc3

I just like getting together with family and friends that you don't usually see. Also egg nog and watching Christmas Vacation with my drunk father is fun!

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZimboDK

Eh, it's nice to spend an evening with the family and eating good food, but I can't really say I love it anymore.

@Jolt92 said:

...Fucking hate christmas music though.

Ahem:

That always gets me in the spirit.
Tacoboy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tacoboy1986

Hells yeah I love X-mas! Love hanging with the family and opening presents. Now X-mas shopping and X-mas shoppers is another thing entirely. I hate them so much!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hizang
@Tacoboy1986 I ordered mine all online, even paid to have them wrapped!
phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By phantomzxro

Yeah i love xmas even now because most everyone is in a good mood and even mean people /dicks are less likely to be dicks. Feels good to give gifts big or small and just chill with friends and family. And if all that fails you at least get a little vacation from your day to day life to relax. Also my b-day and Christmas are neighbors so i have to love Christmas.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Buscemi

Oh for sure. And all of it starts right here:  

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By James_ex_machina

I don't like Xmas. Hate it. I play nice for my gf and her family but avoid most aspects of it. Personally I say eliminate all these hallmark card selling holidays and give me more vacation days to chose from.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I generally like the atmosphere of Christmas but dislike how early stores try to force it on us. At least wait till December.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By thebunnyhunter

I like Christmas but dislike how early it comes, i saw Christmas stuff in the stores the day after Halloween. I like to start doing the Christmas stuff a week before it is actually the 25th.

Owlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Owlhead

I wait until the start of Dec to get into the christmas mood, but it's hands down my favorite time of year. As I find myself forced into the adult world more and more, and childhood seems so far away, I find it's a time of year I get to feel like a kid again.

Also Santa is awesome

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Azteck

I'm okay with Christmas, not a fan of the traditions and the rest of that shit though. Can't see any enjoyment in it

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ravenlight

I don't mind the concept of a gift-giving, feel-good holiday. However, I have a huge problem with the foaming-at-the-mouth rabid consumerism that this time of year signifies.

I would also rather eat glass Christmas ornaments with my eyeballs than listen to any music that labels itself "Christmas" and/or "holiday."

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rudyftw

Hate everything about it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

Not particularly. Too false. Also I don't celebrate Eid or Duvali so why would I celebrate Christmas? Also fuck you Google, Eid and Duvali are absolutely words.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By jimi

I hate the run up to Christmas. It's fucking November and all the xmas sales are on, people are putting up their trees etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-637c9f11743a7
deactivated-637c9f11743a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boy, do I ever! Perfect time to make people angry at you for not spending as much money on them as they did on you.

Maybe next year they'll learn...

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By Video_Game_King

I don't celebrate that Satanic bullshit. You should know that by now.

JuicyDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JuicyDrop

I agree with ImmortalSaiyan. There is no need in selling the Christmas decoration in September. Even if you like Christmas, you are fed up as hell till it gets there. Really.

This year I am excited again. I love Christmas. There is this special feeling in the year, the time for good hopes and new beginning..

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By McGhee

I hate everything about this time of year. I'f I had the money I'd spend the next three months on a tropical island on the beach.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Time off, gifts, food, celebration, snowboard season. Other than the god awful music, christmas is awesome.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By Sooperspy

@FireBurger said:

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#34  Edited By wefwefasdf

Best time of the year. I love the cold and miss the snow. Christmas colors are also the best.

iWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By iWonder

I hate family gatherings, because I don't get along very well in a christian and conservative family, being that I'm an atheist and a libertarian.

Meeting up with old friends that I haven't seen in a while though is always awesome.

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jerr

I would say I enjoy it in moderation. I don't like the pressure of having to talk to/see/call everyone to say Merry Christmas, and I hate trying to guess what people would like as gifts, but there's an implicit jubilance that comes over the world around Christ day that I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy. Plus food is good, dude.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PeasantAbuse

It's definitely my favorite time of year.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By white_sox

@James_ex_machina said:

I don't like Xmas. Hate it. I play nice for my gf and her family but avoid most aspects of it. Personally I say eliminate all these hallmark card selling holidays and give me more vacation days to chose from.

I don't think anyone's definition of a 'Hallmark holiday' would include Christmas.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By djstyles92

I don't get how somebody could hate christmas! I love just about everything about it! Presents are awesome, holiday food is awesome, having a fucking tree in my living room is awesome. I also hate it when people call it Xmas, not because im religious, but because it just sounds wrong and dirty. Did I mention that I love presents?

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By audiosnow

Apparently half of GiantBomb's community is moving to Mt. Crumpet.

Christmas is the best time of the year. I just wish that time of year was a week long at most.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RazzaTazz

I usually start getting excited on the 23rd of Dec. Before then its just any other day of the year.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By lazyturtle

@FireBurger said:

All three months of it? I don't know about where you live, but here in Hawaii it kicked off a week or two before Halloween.

Seriously, I fucking hate Christmas. It's such a pain in the ass. At my work we've got like 4 parties..I've got WORK to do (fyi I work for the government..yes, some of us AREN'T lazy bastards..the rest are planning Christmas parties!). Of course all parties are "mandatory"..I could not go, but then I'm opening up the door to social problems...and I don't need that.

Then there is all the money you have to spend..presents for everyone (and don't forget the mailman), decorations, trees, blah, blah, blah! Of course I'm an adult with a job..so I don't actually NEED anything because if I needed it or wanted it..I'd just buy it...but no..I can't buy anything in November or December. I also have to spend a ton of time dreaming up shit I "want" so other people can have their christmasgasm. Every year I say "Don't worry about getting me anything" or "How about we don't do presents this year and just spend that money visiting or something" or even "just take the money you would have spend on me and spend it on the kids"..but every year I have a bunch of gifts to unwrap.

And don't get me started about thanking people....it drives me nuts to have to call/write/email a thanks for something I didn't really need or want.

Christmas songs are super annoying. Falalalfuckthis song!

Of course now I have little kids too...so now I have to pretend that I give a shit about decorations and the like. I have to waste money on a dead tree (though the tree does smell nice). I have to get up early as shit to open presents on Christmas day (Hey..this year get me some sleep the fuck in).

Don't forget the shitty Christmas candy like candy canes, martizpan and those crappy dry cookies.

But when I was 8...Christmas was awesome.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cloudenvy

I think christmas is cool, but holy crap can I not stand christmas music.

robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By robot4me

@Afroman269 said:

Even though I'm atheist, I don't hate Christmas. I just like being able to have a break from shit.

what they said

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By coakroach

I like a good family feast with gifts and general good spirits.

Cant stand the tackiness and pan media onslaught that comes with it though, its real gross.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By AngelN7

Of course I do it's the only holliday I genuienly enjoy actually some of the others seem more BS reasons to take necessary breaks.

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By moelarrycurly

Christmas is good, New Year's is better.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShaggE

I love the actual day, but I hate the leadup. Christmas movies/specials, Christmas music, Christmas decorations... feh. Seasonal depression and forced cheeriness are a pretty bad mix.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mahonay

As an adult now I do not enjoy Christmas. As a kid I loved it, but now not so much. For some of the following reasons;

- Constant Christmas music everywhere you go.

- Christmas displays in stores starting as early as Halloween.

- Rabid and frantic consumerism leading up to the holiday that it births in the form of Black Friday.

- Sending cards and or greetings to people you barely interact with the rest of the year. Showing a fake sense of interest in people is a big pet peeve of mine.

- Not a fan of the idea of someone feeling entitled to getting gifts.

On the family side it's a fairly enjoyable time of the year. I get to travel home and spend a few days with my dad and sister who I don't normally see. We've also stopped giving each other gifts for the most part. We agreed on that maybe 5 years back. Just spending time together is nice enough. Sometimes someone will get a gift but it's not expected.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Vexxan

@Redbullet685 said:

@FireBurger said: