Do you feel bad when this happens?

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Tolman

So a bunch of things have been happening to me lately (graduation, etc) and people have been crazy generous with the amount of money they haven been giving me as gifts. My question to you is, do you feel bad when you receive large amounts of money or expensive thing from people? I don't know how I feel cause on one hand my apartment doesn't pay for itself but it seems ridiculous to get so much. Whats your opinion? 

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeeGee

I don't feel bad, because I did not force them to give me money. If they want to give you such large amounts, that's great. I don't think they'd be giving you so much if they were resenting having to do it =P In that case, you'd get smaller money gifts, or nothing at all.

Roll with it man!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Hell no. I just look at them in disappointment, as if to say "this is all you could muster?", regardless of the actual amount given.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mnzy

I do. My parents pay for alot of my college stuff and I really hate that. But I barely see a way around it.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By CaptainObvious

If you feel bad you can always send your money to me. I'm here to help.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By ssj4raditz

Getting the money isn't the problem, it's when I spend it on something frivolous that I feel bad. Just spend wisely!

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Tolman

@ssj4raditz said:

Getting the money isn't the problem, it's when I spend it on something frivolous that I feel bad. Just spend wisely!

I live in Queens so all that money is going into food and rent for the next few months lol.
ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ssj4raditz

@ProjectMayhem: Well, there ya go! :)

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraveToaster

I never received gifts when I graduated, but I wouldn't have felt bad if I did.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Th3_James

I tell people not to get me anything. I don't care much for gifts. I'd rather just go out for dinner or have a few drinks and watch a movie.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By amir90

I usually do, because I often say no, or I get more then twice what I need. 

But with that in mind, don't be afraid to give me money if you feel you have too much :D

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Give me your money if you don't like it! :D

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Twitchey

I got a free 700$ Hp computer last year, one year of anti-virus, and Microsoft Office 2010 from a complete stranger last year.

/no guilt

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There's nothing wrong with a gift of money, but I would feel bad if I would receive regular payments from my parents to pay my bills for example.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShockD

I don't like receiving money instead of gifts. But oh well, I won't return them if they give me.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By napalm
@ProjectMayhem said:
So a bunch of things have been happening to me lately (graduation, etc) and people have been crazy generous with the amount of money they haven been giving me as gifts. My question to you is, do you feel bad when you receive large amounts of money or expensive thing from people. I don't know how I feel cause on one hand my apartment doesn't pay for itself but it seems ridiculous to get so much. Whats your opinion? 
This may sound like a strange answer, but you might only feel guilty if you're not doing what you can to push your future forward. There were a couple of weeks where I was lazy with job searching and the likes, my graduation rolled around and I got a lot of money and I felt bad because I had been lazy and didn't feel I "deserved" it. Just keep pushing ahead and pushing yourself. To rest on your laurels quite yet.
deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deanoxd

Not knowing you personally i look at this way, i will assume what you have done with your schooling has earned you this genoursity that people are showing towards you. along with the fact they know how hard it is to get started in life coming out of school and its their way of helping you, in the way the know will help the most.

So i say accept graciously and remember this when time comes around how much it helped and meant to you and pay it forward any way you can.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zeforgotten

Gifts, yes, money as a gift no. It's kinda sad when people give me a gift that I never wished for or ever said "I would like that thing" about. So most people just give me money instead because then I can buy what I really want instead instead of something I would throw out the next day or the second my family or friends left

JoeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By JoeH

If someone gives me money for a gift, or give me an expensive gift and I know they don't really have that much money and them giving it to me is kinda a big thing I feel really awkward. But my parents have far too much money for me to feel awkward about them giving me some.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Bruce
@ProjectMayhem:  

If I know that they have money to where a gift like that doesn't hurt them, no. 
Nightfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nightfang

Just roll with it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I feel annoyed. I hate gifts.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Grissefar

No, but I feel bad when people make incomplete bullshit titles that make you click on them. Fortunately I usually ignore them, but I just wanted to tell you that it sucks a big dick.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Yanngc33

I don't feel bad I feel grateful

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Tolman
@Grissefar said:

No, but I feel bad when people make incomplete bullshit titles that make you click on them. Fortunately I usually ignore them, but I just wanted to tell you that it sucks a big dick.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the master of the internet. All glory and power to him and death to those who waste two seconds of his valuable time by forcing him to read three sentences, compelling him to comment on how displeased he is. 
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26  Edited By JasonR86

I only feel bad if the person giving me the money is on a limited budget. 

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Tolman
@JasonR86 said:
I only feel bad if the person giving me the money is on a limited budget. 
Well most of my family and friends are, that is why i feel bad. I don't know, money is money and I'll take it. 
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By JasonR86
@ProjectMayhem

Well, I have some family that are on a tight budget and when they give me money for a present or when I do something for them I don't want to take it but I know that if I didn't they would be offended.  It's amazing how uncomfortable the exchange of money can be.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By toowalrus

I might have, if I got the chance to spend the money I got on something like a TV or something, but unfortunately all of my grad money had to go towards paying for my first semester of college.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Grissefar

@ProjectMayhem said:

@Grissefar said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the master of the internet. All glory and power to him and death to those who waste two seconds of his valuable time by forcing him to read three sentences, compelling him to comment on how displeased he is.

Clever. If you put that much thought into your threads, Giant Bomb would be a little bit better place. Give it a shot.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Subjugation

As for the OP, I wouldn't feel too guilty as it is their money to do with whatever they please. If they feel like you are something they can feel good about giving to then that is totally their prerogative. Just make sure you show the due amount of gratitude and perhaps watch for opportunities to repay their generosity in the future.

televisionomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By televisionomy

Of course I DO FEEL BAD, but some people are like "I don't fucking care it's money!" but I'm totally like "Ah, that is not cool you douche." I feel like I always don't deserve the money I will get, also to any person that doesn't feel bad come on, a person is using money to bring joy.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Spoonman671

I only feel bad if it's a shitty gift.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By Tireyo

Not really, because people that give me things want me to have them.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By jorbear

@Video_Game_King said:

Hell no. I just look at them in disappointment, as if to say "this is all you could muster?", regardless of the actual amount given.

Nothing can ever please the King, apparently...

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

I like giving gifts, hate receiving them for anything (including birthdays, christmas, etc).

Just never feel I've done anything to deserve them :S

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By Video_Game_King
@jorbear

You're just jealous that you didn't think of such a brilliant stratagem first.
Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Yes, almost all the time, which is why I return the favor. 
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By CastroCasper

Fuck, no. Money is the best gift one can give you.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Tolman
@Grissefar said:

@ProjectMayhem said:

@Grissefar said:

Clever. If you put that much thought into your threads, Giant Bomb would be a little bit better place. Give it a shot.

Or I could continue doing what I'm doing considering i rarely ever post. This thread has about 40 comments, I got my point across and the answers to the questions asked. You sir are just too high class for our dull, drab, uncivilized thread. I will not waste anymore of your time you obviously use to cure cancer or discover the next major fuel source because your time seems so precious. I humbly apologies for the manner i conducted this thread, considering all the life changing threads that could have took it's place. 
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SSully

I feel obligated to deny money from people when they are trying to give it to me because I gave them a ride or other random stuff. I just feel that if I do you a favor then just repay me by doing me a favor sometime in the future. It doesnt matter if it is a week away or 20 years, a favor is best re payed with a favor.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel bad whenever i get a gift.  i dont know why...

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

When I graduated I invited every single relative I have ever met in my life. No I do not feel bad about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I always feel bad when family gives me a few hundred bucks for my birthday or Christmas.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By YoThatLimp

They got you that gift to help you celebrate your accomplishments, no way should you feel bad.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gerhabio

I do. I don't like to feel like I'm a burden.