Do you feel the effect of energy drinks?

• 74 results
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

I drink an Amp Tall Boy every morning for a reason (and that's because I just don't dig coffee enough to get a Jedi Mind Trick every morning).

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I just drank a 250 mL can of Red Rain and I'm freaking out.  I don't know if the effects of it are being amplified because of my own expectations or if it's because I rarely drink anything with caffeine and stuff in them, but I feel it working.

I feel as though energy drinks don't have that effect on everyone, though.  Maybe it's because some are desensitized to it or something, but do energy drinks work for you?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All my life I've consumed insane levels of caffeine, so if I don't drink energy drinks, I'm a walking zombie.

The prevailing effect I feel, though, is the sudden and dire need to urinate after about an hour. Shit goes right through me.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Bigandtasty

They help me stay awake somewhat, not much else. I'm pretty desensitized to caffeine though.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

I don't drink energy drinks

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

I've only drank like 10 energy drinks in my life and when I drank them, I really didn't feel anything.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By teptom

I rarely drink energy drinks, but when I had a Amp once I felt jittery for a while.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The only case where I've actually felt it is when I tried "Five Hour Energy" (which tasted HORRIBLE by the way) and I only did that because I was up all night and had to work a five hour shift right after. It worked, but I sort of felt like a zombie. I was tweaking or jittery, I was just awake. In other words, it did what it was supposed to do.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don`t feel pumped up or anything, but they do a decent job of keeping me awake

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rarely drink energy drinks , but the only times i have they did nothing.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't buy energy drinks because they are insanely overpriced, but the other day I accidentally drank some pepsi max, and it didn't let me sleep that whole night, but I didn't mind because it was fun to go cycling at 6:30 am, but damn the body needs sleep, I hurt my lungs and exhausted myself doing that.  I think the pepsi max did that because I never have caffeine, so it has a very strong effect on me, and I know if you drink a lot of caffeine you can become completely immune to it's effect.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By DanielJW

I've never had an energy drink. :O

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By iam3green

yes, i feel it when i drink energy drinks. something that i hate about caffeine is when it's time for bed i don't feel tired. i'll be laying in my bed closing my eyes opening them to only 10 minutes later. it keeps on doing it a lot of times. some of them are expensive. i bought a 4 pack of monster java it cost $10. they're monster that taste like coffee.

FatalError

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FatalError

I never really feel anything.

zkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zkilla

not as much as coffee's effect

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Scooper

If I'm knackerd and have a Red Bull or something I'll just get shaky but having 1 in the morning does pep me up for the start of the day.

I used to drink a can or 2 a week but now I don't really drink them. I just drink tea and the occasional coffee.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stang
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
"

All my life I've consumed insane levels of caffeine, so if I don't drink energy drinks, I'm a walking zombie.

The prevailing effect I feel, though, is the sudden and dire need to urinate after about an hour. Shit goes right through me.

"
This pretty much sums it up for me, except I am pissing like a horse in about 30 minutes.
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pwnasaurus

they never did anything to me most of them taste terrible but there are a few that are good
Wildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wildcard

Kinda sad to see no "Depends on the drink" option... For example Monster Java or Red Bull have about the same effect on me as a cup of coffee -- that is to say none, while Rockstar Punched or Amped Overdrive definitely keep me going during the late night/early morning hours.

Perhaps it's as much a psychological placebo effect as anything, but I definitely notice different levels of energy gain from different drinks.

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Slaneesh

If you get enougf caffiene you´ll eventually not feel refreshened anymore, but rather sleepy if you don´t.
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Otacon

I'm terrible when it comes to energy drinks, half a can of red bull will give me a ton of energy

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Absurd

A little

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Wildcard said:
" Kinda sad to see no "Depends on the drink" option...  "
I just wanted to know if it had any effect on you.  Depends on the drink is basically equivalent to Yes.
Avatar image for govermentcheese
govermentcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By govermentcheese

The government in all its wisdom needs to regulate energy drinks. They[the goverment] wory about regulating things that dont need it and things that do need regulating they dont go figure. Energy and young people are a bad mix...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CL60

I've never had an energy drink before.

Wildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wildcard
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Wildcard said:
I just wanted to know if it had any effect on you.  Depends on the drink is basically equivalent to Yes. "
By that logic, why bother with a "slightly" option, as slightly is a form of "yes", isn't it?
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Wildcard said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Wildcard said:
I just wanted to know if it had any effect on you.  Depends on the drink is basically equivalent to Yes. "
By that logic, why bother with a "slightly" option, as slightly is a form of "yes", isn't it? "
Yeah, it kind of is.  But I put that to give another option than just "Yes" and "No".  I wanted to see precise results and adding in the "addicted" option would make it a little too varied for me.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kmdrkul
@Wildcard said:

" Kinda sad to see no "Depends on the drink" option... For example Monster Java or Red Bull have about the same effect on me as a cup of coffee -- that is to say none, while Rockstar Punched or Amped Overdrive definitely keep me going during the late night/early morning hours.  Perhaps it's as much a psychological placebo effect as anything, but I definitely notice different levels of energy gain from different drinks. "

Yeah, I think any given energy drink within the same brand would give the same amount of energy unless otherwise stated.  I see no reason for Rockstar Punched (which is my favorite, next to their guava one!) to have a different energy content than normal Rockstar.  I think a part of it depends on the flavor and who is drinking it.  Bright, fruity flavored drinks tend to make me feel more lively than the coffee based ones.  Personally I only really feel the effects if I either just woke up or am about to hit the wall; even then I only get the jitters for thirty minutes then crash... even harder :P
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#30  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I find that energy drinks have no effect on me. This may be because of all the Pepsi and Coke I've drunk throughout my life. Oh well, at least I'm not caffeine dependant.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Slightly

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Stang
@govermentcheese said:
" The government in all its wisdom needs to regulate energy drinks. They[the goverment] wory about regulating things that dont need it and things that do need regulating they dont go figure. Energy and young people are a bad mix... "
What?
xCJES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xCJES

I used to drink them pretty often like 1 a day about a year ago just because i liked the taste of Monster Assault..but after i saw what they can do to your heart and such i cut down and drink maybe one a month. But yeah, they don't affect me whatsoever.

ImHungryx10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ImHungryx10

Energy Drinks hurt my stomach

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By gingertastic_10

Only a couple of times have I crashed.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fenixrevolution

I did feel the effects when I did drink energy drink, but I haven't had any huge crashes.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Nope.  Stopped buying them cept for Red Bull.  No different then a regular soda and sometimes I mix a red bull with clear liquor, for the taste.  Most of whats in them is just filler.  Doesn't actually do a thing.  

Well, they do give you stomach cancer faster.  But that's mostly due to drinking them faster.  :p

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#38  Edited By Hailinel

I have felt their effects, but I found it more alarming the one time that I noticeably didn't.  I had been working such long hours on so little sleep for so long that drinking an energy drink actually made me feel perfectly balanced and not the least bit hyper.  That was a sure sign that I desperately needed to catch up on my sleep.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By NickM

I'm long immune. Coffee still does the job, though.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ArchScabby

not really.  In fact if I drink a lot of caffeine sometimes it makes me tired.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By JJWeatherman

I don't feel any different when I drink amps and things like that. I don't do it often either so I couldn't be desensitized.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't notice any effect to my body, but if I drink them before I go to bed I can't sleep.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

hmm usually no, but it also depends on the drink. red bull has no effect on me whatsoever... probably because I drink coke instead of water, immune to caffeine. Strong coffee seems to work, but only for like 10 minutes.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nanikore

I drink Monster Energy "Ripper" once in a while, but that's because I like the taste of it. I don't feel any effects except for having a hard time going to sleep without melatonin pills.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zeforgotten

I don't care what anyone says. But I've been trying a bunch of different Energy Drinks. 
And even something called Red Line or something like that, I dunno what it was. And all claimed to give more energi. And nothing...  
To me it's all a big hoax (but that's because it doesn't affect me apparantly) .. Not even coffee does anything. I don't know why tho'

wjkelso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wjkelso

I can't believe how much caffeine people drink! 2 cappacinos a day is too much, let alone 2 cans of an energy drink. You dont feel and affects because your tolerance for caffeine must be immense. 

If you want some real energy, trying eating well and exercising everyday. Works a treat!

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By alexl86

I've haven't had a lot of energy drinks, but when I have had some it doesn't feel any different than just having a coke, or something. So, no. Not really.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jack_daniels

I buy monster lo-carb by the case at walmart. Because there tasty and give me a boost! 30 bucks for a case of 24 there.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By c1337us

None really. I once made a frappe concoction of two Red Bull's, half a box of crushed NoDoz Plus, mango tropical fruit mix and ice and I still fell asleep at work during a back to back shift. 

Edit: I should also mention I was in the middle of a $30 a day Red Bull habit back then which is roughly 3x 4 packs. Now I dont touch the shit.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#50  Edited By citizenkane

Not at all.  Then again, I never drink much of him because I don't like the taste and they are basically all sugar and corn syrup.