Do you hate your current job?

• 126 results
personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you hate your current job? (809 votes)

Yes. 31%
No. 51%
I'm unemployed. 20%

Yes. With a passion.

• 
CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, do something about it.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope. Love my job.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did for a long time then I got a better one. Every day isn't hell any more. I highly recommend it.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hate my job alot. Every day I'm there my life is a little bleaker. Ive never had a job I liked and in fact I have hated each one more than the last. I'm pretty unhappy with my entire life really. I don't know how long I can actually continue like this.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: Is it the people at your jobs or is it the work it self?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbyrne: Its more the absolute dead end nature of it. I'm a janitor. I would like to have a job that I gave a single shit about. The only good thing about it is that since I'm by myself all night I get to listen to like 10 hours of podcasts a day. Though that solitude also gives me plenty of time to contemplate the seemingly irreversible turn my life has taken.

buttle826

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is my job perfect? No, definitely not. But it pays well, it's relatively stress free, and I'm good at it.

Why would you continue to work a job you actively dislike? I understand the job market is fucking rough (just came off a stint of unemployment myself), and I understand that at the end of the day, you have to eat and pay rent. But nothing is stopping you from looking for a new job while you're working at the one you hate.

DG187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbyrne: I bet not many of us are not doing anything. It's not that simple.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If unemployed counts, yes I hate it.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No I actually love my current job, however, i'm going to be moving to SF soon i'm kind of bummed i'll be leaving it.

I've got a couple offers that are similar to what I do in SF, but I'm actually going to take a risk and try something completely different. I'm pretty excited about it all. If you hate your job do something about it!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By clagnaught

Not only do I like my job, it is really the only job I've liked (It's by far my favorite job, by a mile). By the time I left my other jobs, I straight up didn't like them or wanted the hell out of there. Right now I don't really have "bad days" anymore when it comes to work.

asterack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in this weird spot where I need to move on. I've done and learned everything I can from my position causing my brain to shut down slowly day by day.

I'm booooooooooooooooooooooooooooored.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Some days are worse than others. I work as a barista. I mostly have issues with some co-workers but in general the job can be a little much some days just in its nature. It sure isn't fulfilling in hardly any long term ways so that is an issue.

I have been looking for something better and no good bites yet. In the long run, I have been learning to program and am working on making a game so maybe that makes me enough to do that most of the time or full time and be pretty broke. I just want to do something fulfilling and creative over making money and I've had the dream of making games since I was like 8.

I'm definitely with the couple comments that say "hey get a better job and you'll realize you don't need to hate your job". I totally know it's hard to find a job but just saying it can get better for anyone no matter what field we are talking. I don't have too much job experience but even in mine I have seen the full range of job environments, good and bad. In my worst job, I certainly saw a lot of people that had an attitude that every job is like this and they didn't deserve any better.

@devil240z: I feel the same way in my job sometimes man. I think that sounds like a lot of loneliness in a job like that. I hope you try to to find something more fulfilling and try to put yourself out there if you aren't happy. It can be hard, I know. Like the constant "we only want people with experience" requirements when you have to ask "well where the hell is anyone supposed to start?".

As I say to myself and others when they are down and feeling in a rut: force change to happen. Things won't change for you unless you take agency.

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Eh. Pays the bills. Some days are worse than others. I do want to work toward getting something more fulfilling, though.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mne's okay but it is literally a part of my routine which is necessary to bring money in. I could pack it in for something better but I'm a lazy, lazy man.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fine. It's not the end career that I studied for, but I'm working on that. In the mean time I'm being paid well to work in a fascinating industry. I'm making connections and learning a lot. Right now I'm just banking everything I can, so that I can pick up and move once I find a career position. I've never been in a position where my bills are significantly less than my take-home pay. In that aspect it's the best job I've ever had. Outside of that, I don't want to wake up and I want more days off just like most other people. Soon I'll be able to look forward to going into work. I'm almost there now.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nope! I'm self-employed, which at times can be a pain, but on balance I wouldn't have it any other way.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My job is OK, better than the last and I am doing a good bit of money. It's the daily grind that kills me. Metro everyday (that gets blocked twice a week) + 8 hours at work + doing chores + trying to sleep. I have frequent insomnia and I feel exhausted most of the time.

I get paid writing stuff, which is what I would love to do fulltime, but not enough to pay the bills. Again, my job is fine, but I can't deal with the routine. I can't stop it just yet either.

Hoping it'll get better.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dg187 said:

@cbyrne: I bet not many of us are not doing anything. It's not that simple.

Oh I know, I'm in the same position, but I know complaining about it on a forum won't solve anything about it. People need to vent and I get that, but it should at least be constructive. In whats left of my free time I'm adding skills and learning things to get a position I want. Had some fantastic interviews that told me what else I needed to get the job I want. Being unhappy with your job is very dangerous and you can't let it defeat you. Especially if other life events compound around it.

@cbyrne: Its more the absolute dead end nature of it. I'm a janitor. I would like to have a job that I gave a single shit about. The only good thing about it is that since I'm by myself all night I get to listen to like 10 hours of podcasts a day. Though that solitude also gives me plenty of time to contemplate the seemingly irreversible turn my life has taken.

I hope the best for you and I hope that you can find something you want to work towards. If anything consider a place that has higher tiers to go to? Maybe somthing during the day so have people to talk to if you feel that would help? Either way got to do something. It's hard not to dwell and sometimes you need to do it, but try and not let it talk yourself into a hole.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wish I had a job to hate.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the people that I work with. I don't like the job or how unbelievably difficult it is to find a job when the internet is how everyone looks at applications. I know I'm hireable and a great worker but to the robots that hire people now I'm just a mediocre data point that always ends up in the "no call back" pile.

MankMachinery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really like my job but I've had far, far worse. I was unemployed for a good while after college though, so I'm sticking with what I've got. Unemployed, of course, due to the aforementioned "...years of experience required". But I feel like that attitude - that all new hires are a potential risk - is a detriment to those seeking employment and to free enterprise in kind. I just don't understand how we can feed seven million people and yet see no potential for the labors and talents of those people. I don't see why there aren't jobs for everyone.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a mailman, it's alright

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Franstone
@spraynardtatum said:

I like the people that I work with. I don't like the job or how unbelievably difficult it is to find a job when the internet is how everyone looks at applications. I know I'm hireable and a great worker but to the robots that hire people now I'm just a mediocre data point that always ends up in the "no call back" pile.

I miss the days of direct hires...
It all seems like headhunters throwing darts at a dartboard. I gave up looking for similar jobs to the career I had after 2 years of unemployment and another 2 years of searching off and on. I'd get contacted for jobs I'm not qualified for, and never the ones I showed interest in online. Contacted for jobs in states I don't live in and my favorite ones are the emails that end in, "If you or a friend are interested in this job, please contact me." So wait... If I have you get a job for a friend do I get a finders fee? Do I work for you now?
Even after my two years of unemployment and a few jobs started popping up here and there I'd get comments like "well you haven't been in the industry for a while now."
Ummmm, yea dude, have you turned the news on lately?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate the job, but I do work with family. Some of those family members are gigantic assholes that we can't fire.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really like my job but I've had far, far worse. I was unemployed for a good while after college though, so I'm sticking with what I've got. Unemployed, of course, due to the aforementioned "...years of experience required". But I feel like that attitude - that all new hires are a potential risk - is a detriment to those seeking employment and to free enterprise in kind. I just don't understand how we can feed seven million people and yet see no potential for the labors and talents of those people. I don't see why there aren't jobs for everyone.

Greed my friend.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Normal days at my job are actually pretty cool. It's really easy, I just walk around all day, listening to podcasts and music, and I usually get to spend a couple hours on my phone or laptop. And I just got a 20% raise, so that's nice.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I really, really do. I'm looking to get out of it soon (even though I've only been here for 3 months). It's great for some people; but not for me.

I'm sticking with it for now, but I'm actively looking for other places.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate myself for being a worthless piece of shit at my job, and will be lucky if i could stay let alone move up in the same field in the future. It's also frustrating as i feel like a fuckup 24/7 and incapable of doing things properly.

I've just been lucky.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If something better came along, I would leave my job in a heartbeat but that being said, I can't honestly tell you I "hate" it because I recognize that it could be way worse.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't hate my job, but I am seeing a career counselor soon to help work out what my next step is.

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate my current job but will wait until my Daughter is in school, about 3 years until I move on. That 1000.00 a month child care won't pay itself.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My last one sucked, this one is ok. So ok that I don't wanna leave for a better-paying one in case that new one sucks.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been at my current job for 7 years and I hate it with an extreme passion. I am so happy I will be out of there in 2 months.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes. I'm working in a restaurant. Bartending is fun although it gets super busy sometimes. Food running kind of sucks though, dealing with customers in general sucks.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just built a nice, new office in my backyard last summer and my secretary is a cat. My job is alright.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JBird

I used to hate my job. There were lots of reasons but It permeated my life to the point that i couldnt enjoy my time off or weekends because I was anxious about work and what would happen when i had to go back. Moral of the story is I let myself stop caring and dedicated every moment i could to apply for different jobs. The months applying were, in some ways, the worst because if i got an interview and then got rejected i felt even worse about my job and propects. In the end I got so sick of it and spent boxing day (the name for the public holiday after christmas in the uk) applying for a job that seemed so perfect i wrote it off before even sending the application. I got that job, and im really happy now obviously im not a weirdo and dont lie in bed looking forward to work!

The reason ive said all this is that if you're creating a thread on a video game website about hating a job, i assume you are pretty miserable. If you can build up the motivation to keep trying for somthing better, youll get there in the end.

Sorry for the bad grammar/typos, its late where i am and im on mobile so cba editing it.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much.
I'm working in McDonalds atm trying to save up for a Masters degree. I think as a part time job it'd be fine, but full-time is kinda soul destroying :P

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda, but it's very flexible around my school schedule, so I can't complain too much. Once I get an internship somewhere I'm gonna drop this job like a rock.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

Sometimes. I'm working in a restaurant. Bartending is fun although it gets super busy sometimes. Food running kind of sucks though, dealing with customers in general sucks.

Oooooh what kind of bartender are you? The wise old bartender who always lend an ear to the downtrodden wary folk, or the Bartender from the film "Cocktail" who is always flipping bottles and shit?

As for me while my job could pay better and have better benefits I can not complain. The people I work with are super cool and the job in itself isn't that tough.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, and I'm in the process of looking for a new one. Although, tbh, I will probably hate my new one even more. Don't ever go to law school.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bigsocrates

@bceagles128:

Seconded.

Written on my phone on yet another night when I'm going to cross the midnight barrier sitting in my office pushing papers for "the man."

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure do! I've been looking for new ones for quite some time now but it's not been doing me much good. I've long since given up on the idea of actually working in the field I put myself into debt to learn, but I am throwing around the idea of putting myself into more debt to try something else. It's just not exactly an easy decision to make (both what to go back to school for and what subject to take on).

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Love it. There's always room to improve as a Paramedic so I'm never stagnant and unstimulated. It can be frustrating to deal with the EMS abusers but that doesn't outweigh the better parts of my job. I get to roll around in an ambulance with just my partner and I move around my whole county.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NTM

No, I don't. I don't love it, nor can I say I like it, but I don't hate it... Nor do I dislike it. I dislike some of it at times, and like some of it. It's just a job, and I am satisfied enough with it. It's so close to home (five minute walk), and I get paid relatively well. And yeah, we do have this kind of thread a bit often...

kingjulesxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a server at a nice-ish medium scale restaurant and it's pretty alright!

Dealing with people is obviously pretty horrible occasionally but I've been in customer service since I've been a teenager so I've got thick skin.

Shout out to all the other duders in food!

Sidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate my job, but I TOTALLY hate the company that I work for.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hated my old job, the cooworkers were pretty much the only thing that kept me showing up. I finally took the plunge and swicthed to a new job that I love.