Do you have any hobbies outside of gaming?

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Painting and playing with miniatures, tend to be either 15mm or 28mm in scale, board games, comic books, netflix, youtube videos associated with wargaming

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Sports, music, chess, karaoke

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many musicians here, myself included, I've played guitar, bass, drums, and I've sang with alot of local garage metal and rock groups, I've just moved an hour away so I've kinda dropped alot of that stuff and I'm also not playing DnD like I use to with a group of people. I did recently by my first Gunpla kit but haven't had time to start on it. Been watching Star Trek and random anime with my partner...really just been working alot. these threads are always fun to read though.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Heh, funny reading back on my post here from three years ago... it's all still accurate, but I've since stopped being satisfied with just karaoke and took the plunge on singing lessons to pursue performing more seriously. Best decision I ever made.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm an avid bowler and part of a sanctioned league.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Phish. I've been to over 50 shows. Because of the pandemic, 2020 will be the first year I have not seen a phish show since they came back in 2009.

tankcontrols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love cooking. It's something I can focus my wandering mind on. Prepping, planning, and executing a great recipe is immensely satisfying. When I'm able to share a well-cooked meal with the ones I love, it's the most rewarding thing I can spend my time, money, and energy on.

Drizzlehell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy writing though I don't do too much of it nowadays because I don't like it if it feels like work. Like when I used to have a gaming website that I eventually abandoned because the self-imposed pressure of having to update it on a regular basis eventually led me to resent the whole thing.

Nowadays I'm just content with writing posts on forums or shooting off short revuews on Steam or GOG. I've accepted the fact that I'm not gonna find any work writing and I like my current job anyway.

Aside from that, I play guitar and my plan for 2021 is to buy my own electronic drumkit as well.

asylumrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I traveled a lot in the Before Times. Have a tattoo on my leg for every big trip I take. Travel is easily my #1 favorite thing to do, especially when alone. I'm admittedly lucky in that I'm a 6'2 white dude and thus have a fair bit of autonomy in where I can go alone, but there's nothing I love more than being in a city I don't know with no plan. I think I'd die if someone ever made me sit on a beach for a week.

I play a lot of tabletop games. I have about 3 shelves' worth of tabletop RPGs (not counting PDFs), and am in 4 weekly games. Always looking for more, though!

Not as much as I'd like to nowadays, but to keep the dust off my mostly worthless game design degree (and to have some fun with my extremely worthful computer science degree) I like to make games in my free time, both digital and tabletop. Currently working on an old-school ASCII roguelike and a tabletop RPG (using the PbtA system, for anyone who knows what that means)

I read and watch a lot of movies, although not as much of each as I'd like. Every year I tell myself I'm gonna read X books and watch Y movies, and every year I fail. Still a good motivation to keep current, though.

I've been cooking a lot, doubly so since The Current Unpleasantness began. Since moving, I've found myself missing the comfort food at home, so instead of settling for the garbage substitutes here (fun fact: Seattle barbecue, unsurprisingly, sucks!), I've been trying to figure it out myself.

I play a good amount of pool as well. My parents were both pool sharks in their own day, so I grew up with a table in the house, and then I worked at a bar all through college, so pool is a pretty close game to my heart.

chiefbeef123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I relapse and vape or drink too much, I trigger a manic state where I love making music or coding games or sketching or making sound effects for games. When I'm not manic, you'd be lucky if I spent 1/4 of my time on anything resembling productive habits.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love reading and have expanded my library to the point that I have more unread books than those I've finished.
Noting can immerse you in a different world better than a book and your imagination.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I'm (very) slowly learning to sew patches onto a jacket. I've got four patches sewn on mine now, I'm just trying to figure out a good layout for some of the others I own. Plus I'm waiting on several more patches to add later.

I also collect a bunch of music. I have over 1,100 CDs and probably about 60 records.

There's also reading though I have trouble sitting down long enough to read a book so I typically just read a bunch of articles on subjects I enjoy. I mainly read biographies for musicians I enjoy but I'm trying to branch out more as college took some of the fun out of reading on my own and I'm trying to regain that sense of reading for fun.

Conalikont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I draw, but I do not like to show to anyone lol

SDenning23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sneaker collecting. Anyone else here into it?

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#218  Edited By thesquarepear

I've got 3 bikes (for different terrain) and enjoy riding 2 of them. I've actually started to enjoy fixing basic stuff as it's something physically useful and tangible compared to my real job.

I wouldn't call it a hobby that I relax doing sports on/in water even if I'm kind of a klutz but that's probably 4 months of the year around here.

I get sick of games more often now I grow older and have played so many but now I know they'll still be there if I feel like playing again.

EDIT: Forgot to mention potted plants (especially the arid kind)

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#219  Edited By MightyDuck

Yep!

I've loved playing hockey since I was a kid. Was still playing in a Men's League last year at this time before the rinks got shut down. Hoping to hopefully make my "triumphant" return once the world is a little more normal.

I also really enjoy reading and running.