Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I find it irrelevant, since I never use the damn thing.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

It makes calls.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

I have a 100 mb data plan and watching a 9 minute YouTube video used 100 mb

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60

So it can suck my balls. ( why does the mobile site have no edit button?)

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@CL60 said:

Sorry, that made me laugh pretty loud. Is that a joke, oh god i hope so.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

It phones, it receives text and it makes noise so I know when to press buttons.

It works.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

I have a piece of shit. I'm probably getting a Verizon plan and a Galaxy Nexus or Razr Maxx this weekend, and following these steps to a T. For reference, I don't have a smartphone, so the Nexus will be a huge jump.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Branthog

@Video_Game_King said:

Same here. I know I'm an exception, but I didn't even own a cell phone until the end of 2005 (a Palm Trio 650) which I then replaced after it was damaged in 2010, with an LG Rumor. I say I'm an exception, because I'm the only software engineer I know who didn't have or want a cell phone before that and doesn't have or want a smart phone (or atl east the features of one), even today.

The only reason I have a cell is so I have a way to make calls in an emergency, to use if there is an internet/power outage, for when I'm away from home or traveling, and as a backup for work. Otherwise, I use Google Voice for everything (I prefer it by far to Skype and by far to the VOIP solutions I used in the past, like Packet8 a decade ago). Google Voice let's me do everything I need. Cheap international calls. Free calls within America/Canada, call recording, voicemail, transcripts, download/play via email, and most importantly - ability to forward to anywhere and everywhere I need, whenever (including my cell phone and my office and my parents, when I visit them).

Honestly, the cell phone is a waste of money for how little I use it. It's just the comfort of having it if I need it. Unfortunately, I use it so little that I usually don't remember where it is and when I do, it has powered off, because the battery finally has died. Which won't make it of much use if I ever need to call for the police or an ambulance, I guess.

I wish getting a no-frills phone was even cheaper and more possible. Even the cheapest/least frills phone is still a "smart phone" these days and has twitter, facebook, IM, and all sorts of other bullshit. Even the "pay as you go" phones (which have plenty of strings attached, like having to buy at least a certain amount of minutes every so many days or months - or your account is shut off, even if you don't use any minutes).

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Nux

I pretty much do everything on my iphone. It's really more of a tool to me then a phone but I like it all the same.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Nux said:

I pretty much do everything on my iphone. It's really more of a tool to me then a phone but I like it all the same.

Its a weird divide, a lot of people here are saying they just use a crap phone for calling, but a lot of people I come in contact with daily are the opposite, utilities and games on the phone, and never call people. Weird.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60
@BestUsernameEver

@CL60 said:

No why. It happened to me yesterday, it pissed me off. I usually have cell data turned off cause I don't need it, but I turned it on. And that happened.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Doctorchimp

Eh...it's a T-Mobile Vibrant that's rooted.

I'm about to make a huge upgrade though, I can get an employee plan on ATT, Sprint and Verizon. I'm weighing my options about which plan to go with, although I can probably just have 2 phones on 2 separate carriers and still come out ahead. Also I guess I have to wait until November for the contract, but I think I'll eat that huge disconnection fee.

I'm just waiting for the right phones to come out or I might just grab a Galaxy Epic 4g touch or maybe the Photon on Sprint or just put my Vibrant on ATT maybe get a GSM phone. And I'm hoping I can pick up a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

It's a fucking non-responsive piece of shit.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I like it because it is simple. It calls and texts, nothing else. I never use it anyway.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@CL60 said:

@BestUsernameEver

@CL60 said:

No why. It happened to me yesterday, it pissed me off. I usually have cell data turned off cause I don't need it, but I turned it on. And that happened.

I've heard of a plan that low in data, seems almost counter-intuitive. I hate cell data caps, wish it was set at a gig per gig charging plan, so it would be more clear cut what I would have to pay.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ckeats

I was a phone salesman for 2+ years, so I've gone through a lot of phones of all kinds, and I'm not sure if I aways liked them, or just really pretended to like them to help sell them.

Either way, onceI stopped work I've been more than happy with my iPhone. Go where the developers go I say.

Also, people still make phone calls? Like...to talk to people with their voice? Barbarians!

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nux

@BestUsernameEver said:

@Nux said:

Its a weird divide, a lot of people here are saying they just use a crap phone for calling, but a lot of people I come in contact with daily are the opposite, utilities and games on the phone, and never call people. Weird.

It's really about the kind of phone you have. Some of my friends only use their phones to just make calls or text while my other friends are useing their phones for gaming and other stuff. I guess it's a matter of new vs old teck in a way, or just how much you're willing to pay for a phone.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

other: i like it but i want a new phone. it's one that slides for a keyboard but i don't have any apps. it's my brother's old phone for like 2 weeks. he bought an iphone and gave me this one.

mother doesn't want to change plans for a new phone. doesn't want me to buy my own plan.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#20  Edited By alistercat

I have an iPhone 4 with unlimited everything. It is pretty great.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NTM

C. I don't really care for it, and it's only for emergencies if there was one. Whenever I get texts or phone calls, I rarely get it when they come. I always put it on vibrate so I don't have to hear it, and when I'm at home and I really feel like I should have it, I just carry it around in my pocket. It's a pretty simple phone, 'cause again, I don't care, and if I wanted to play a game on a phone, I'll just use my brothers iPhone 4S. Dead Space was a pretty good game. Cell phones overall are pretty much the technology I care the least about. That doesn't mean taking care of, that just means when it comes to usage.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a Samsung Intensity II, a phone pitched to me as a device "that takes calls and receives texts". What a lie that was.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CL60
@BestUsernameEver

@CL60 said:

@BestUsernameEver

@CL60 said:

I've heard of a plan that low in data, seems almost counter-intuitive. I hate cell data caps, wish it was set at a gig per gig charging plan, so it would be more clear cut what I would have to pay.

Eh, it's all I need really. Usually only use around 20or 30 mb a month. But YouTube fucked that up.
WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WMWA

Got an iPhone 4S, but I had an iPhone 3G (not 3GS) for two years prior, so don't ask me. I still feel like I'm in the future with how superior this is to my last one. Haha

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Gav47

HTC Wildfire, unresponsive and generally slow even with CM7 on it.

drowsap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By drowsap

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

It makes calls.

yep thats all that matters

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By uniform

It suits my needs. I'm one of the only people left on earth that owns a Blackberry. I'll be honest and admit I do get a tad jealous when I play around with a friend's iPhone, but I snap back to reality and realize I would never use a majority of the things it does. All I need is a phone with email and messenger.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous

I have an iPhone 4 and use it to do everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I have a cell phone. It makes calls and it texts. I am satisfied.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Skald

I'm complacent. Not a fan of QVGA, but it was super cheap and I'm not tied to a contract.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Branthog

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I have a cell phone. It makes calls and it texts. I am satisfied.

That's twice as much as I need mine to do. I really wish someone specialized in just making a really rugged phone with an incredible call quality and ridiculous battery life. Skip the web browsing, game playing, text messaging, facebooking, twittering, photo-taking, video-taking, and everything else. Instead, we get easily damaged phones with shit battery life and mediocre call quality at best.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NegativeCero

I only got s phone last year since I've never felt the need. But yeah, it gets the job done.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BoFooQ

My phone is 2years old, sucks, and chipped to shit, but still makes calls and texts. Soon I will have to deal with learning how my new phone works.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By big_jon

have an HTC surround Windows phone, love the OS, the phone itself is alright.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By McGhee

@Video_Game_King said:

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Yes. I have an iPhone 4S because I'm not from the Stone Age.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sooty

I switched from an iPhone to a Nexus S running Ice Cream Sandwich, it is absolutely fantastic. Great call quality, battery can last for 3 days and I get fantastic signal here, Internet is always really speedy.

Best phone I've owned by far. I'll get the next Nexus phone that comes out without a doubt.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sayishere

Well, i bought a cheap Xperia Play a few months back and its ok i suppose. Does what any smart phone would do, but has Playstation controls, which i end up not using at all. I suppose its cool, but i would be content with any old phone really.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't own a cellphone.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By _Zombie_

C. It makes calls, texts, and does e-mail so I can keep track of my college stuff. It's a Windows Phone, too, so the interface is pretty good.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Philantrophy

I own a HTC Desire, could have used a larger internal memory but that is about it. It's a good phone, just old comparing to smartphones today. Rooting, buying a good ICS phone or the next iPhone are my future plans.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C. It's an LG Cosmos Touch. Works well enough. Not getting a smart phone for now because fuck paying 30 bucks a month for service when I will hardly use.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#43  Edited By mike

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S II and switch between a couple of different ROMs. Couldn't ask for anything more in a phone. Moving off of iPhone last year was one of the best decisions in regards to phones I've ever made. 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By Hizang

IPhone 3GS, very slow but useable, getting a 4S next week.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By face15

Windows Phone 7... So prime.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kidman

Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V (well that's a stupid name), I use it a lot, mainly for geeky things like controlling my PC from work, ssh'ing to my router, checking e-mails, facebook, twitter, watching GB videos and so on. I would be way worse without it.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By Tireyo

I very much like my iPhone 3GS. Best phone I've ever had.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By buft

Had a Blackberry for years, recently found myself unemployed and ended the contract, with not much money I needed a PAYG replacement that could do email and browsing. Settled on the HTC Wildfire S which cost me a measly £130 on the UK network 3.

Its an android phone with gingerbread 2.3.5 with an 850mhz processor, its slow by modern standards but its very responsive and can play all but the most complex games with no problems, email and internet browsing works extremely well.

few niggles with a small amount of memory but i cant afford anything better right now

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Venatio

Sure I love my iPhone 4S, use it all the time, probably a little too much

Constantly use it for texts, calls, games, books and internet and I have unlimited everything

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vexxan

My iPhone does everything I need it to do.