Do you play games while inebriated ?

• 61 results
Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have you ever played a game while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs? If so what was your poison of choice and what was the game in question, what was the experiance like?

In my case, I set down to play a game while being tipsy or mildly high, but I can't say it was much of a experience. I seem to be more immersed into the game world, but at the same time, my game playing skills are lower (surprise, I know). But when I'm with friends it's a different matter. We play PES, and Nidhogg from time to time and almost everytime we do this there is some drinking involved. I feel that when inebriated we approach the game with less of competitive mindset, and play it more for the fun of it.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I logged onto WoW once when I was drunk but I fell asleep shortly after. I've played stuff like party games (mario party, mario kart, smash bros, fighting games, halo) when with buddies at parties and stuff. Made a drinking game out of Split/Second at a party too.

I'd agree that when people start drinking they care less about winning and more about seeing fun things happen.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By vaiz

I played Amnesia on LSD once.

Don't play Amnesia on LSD.

(I've played plenty of shit drunk, I'm very bad at drunk video games.)

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CaLe

GTA3 when I was a teenager. I don't drink anymore.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink while playing most games. I don't get wasted or anything. Just have a drink or two or three.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShaggE

GTAIV while drunk was fun, but then I just got frustrated that I couldn't play the game "properly" until the alcohol wore off. Plus, I play games alone, and getting drunk alone just kind of sucks, so I don't do that anymore.

Now, gaming while just being buzzed is a ton of fun.

bugbarbecue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing Hearthstone on a bottle of red wine, doing better than I usually do sober.

Sopharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spent a lot of time in college drinking and playing Wario Ware: Mega Party Game$, which may be the best video game ever to play with friends whilst drinking. We still break it out from time to time, it's probably the most (only?) use my Wii sees.

I also have made the mistake of playing Dark Souls after a number of beers. That was not a great idea

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played games while drunk from time to time but since I'm already not very good at games it usually isn't a lot of fun. Games that don't require a ton of skill are okay, but with RPGs I don't like waking up with a hazy memory having sold all my stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disclaimer: You probably shouldn't do drugs. The best high is being able to enjoy yourself without chemicals. That being said...

Back when I used to do... lets say "hardcore keep-you-awake drugs", that would be the only way I played. I felt like it made me better at the time, but it didn't. My reflexes were better, but my movements had way less precision.

I preferred playing stoned, but only slower paced games like Minecraft. Just kind of zone out and build stuff.

I played Sound Shapes on MDMA once. No comment.

I don't do any drugs anymore. I'll occasionally have a few beers while playing a game now, but not enough to get drunk and affect my performance too much. If I'm drinking I like to play shooters. Lately Battlefield 4 has been my game of choice while drinking.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Why do you want to know? You taken a census?

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW MY SECRETS!

Yes, I have- several times. It doesn't really make a difference other than every stupid thing is really funny.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can't say I have at all to be honest, but I drunk alot of whey protein one time. At first you don't feel much until you get the bubble guts. You get those runs where you'll end up having nuclear explosions coming right out the ass. Shit, I remeber when that shit hit me when I was at work one time. It was awful man I probably scared everybody out that bathroom.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Nope. It's no fun. Fun to me is to dominate. I prefer being drunk on power. Games are a power fantasy. Of being in control. Why would I attempt to do that drunk?

I like the occasional beer. The muscle relaxant and pain numbing part of alcohol gets more and more attractive the older I get. I currently drink one big can of beer a week. I love that can of beer. The minute headache I get from the toxic blood in my veins after intoxications wears of? I hate that.

That said, I'm quite the drunken master. I once fell down a 5-foot rock wall face first just so, while borderline black-out drunk, without a scratch - like a fucking spider.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i suck when i'm drunk. i played a bunch of drunk halo at one stage cos it was the only time my flatmate could win and i kept agreeing to play because i wasn't smart enough to say no, because i was drunk.

high, both my reactions and my immersion improve considerably, at the expense of sense of direction and any notion of what's going on. which i consider a good trade off.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I rarely drink to begin with so, no. Literally haven't gotten drunk in about 2 years.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Rejizzle

Only with friends as far as I remember. Don't drink and drive Mario Kart is really fun, and teaches valuable life lessons.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ares42

I play all kinda games drunk. Hell, I even ran through a good chunk of Dark Souls while being hammered. Couldn't get past the beams in the church in Anor Londo though =( And like bugbarbecue I've played a ton of Hearthstone drunk, always fun waking up the next morning to discover you actually made a bunch a of gold.

While I do ofc get worse it's usually not bad enough to where it's no fun anymore, if anything I just have way less patience.

VipeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My go to drunk game is Takistan life, it's an Arma 2 RPG mod where you are a civilian and can do a bunch of illegal shit (in game) like sell drugs or kill player cops. It's almost a bit like a MMO with voice chat, and that makes it super fun to find people and just be socially drunk while selling heroin. My favorite thing to do is trying to get through a military checkpoint (player enforced) drunk without a passport, makes for some hilarious situations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I refuse to drink anything other than tea (in it's various forms), water, and the occasional rootbeer when gaming. Not sure why just a habit I developed.

Avatar image for lucassothegreat
LucassoTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 12 years old and what is this?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Not enough.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, especially grinder games. What's weird is when sober it seems easier..who knew.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Generally not, but I usually have a couple of beers while playing Dark Souls 2. makes the confused post-boss wandering more enjoyable. I like the lack of direction in that game, but sometimes it feels like wasted time. A beer or two makes it seem better.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inb4 this topic inevitably gets locked due to drug content, but,

I've made a habit of playing a lot of these local co-op games at friends' houses while drinking beer. It makes the games oddly more competitive yet properly dumb... so at the end of the case when you're playing Nidhogg and you can barely see straight hilarious shit tends to happen.

I don't ever drink when solo gaming, though. A few people I know have done such things as abusing Ritalin/other uppers to stay up for days on end following the latest CoD or WoW expansion, though.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Not usually, no. I was at home drinking alone a few weeks ago and played Battlefield 4 and ended up doing shockingly well, despite barely being able to aim.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only multiplayer games. I dont mean couch multiplayer either, though thats included. Nothing wrong with having a few drinks to unwind and shooting some fools.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Not typically, I don't have the money or social life to fit much drinking in. Drugs even more so. Turning You Don't Know Jack into a drinking game with a few friends is great fun though.

edgeCrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the fucking time. It's really the only way I can play games these days.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Roommates and I used to get trashed and play DotA (1) / HoN / TF2 / SSBM / MK like once a week when we were in college.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Got to wave 82, i think, in backbreaker pre patch while very drunk. Also Mario kart. Been wanting to make drinking games out of some games with friends, like madden or something.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the game. Goofing around in TF2? Sure, I'll have a glass of scotch with that. Trying to setup a logistics chain in Factorio? Probably a bad idea.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Corevi

Other than the occasional game of smash bros or something not really. Mario Party drunk is the only way though.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zella

Me and a buddy have a tradition of playing semi-drunken, or straight up drunken, NHL whenever we are drinking at one of our places. Besides that there aren't really many games I will intentionally play while drunk.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Me playing games drunk typically results in a lot of swearing and questioning the sexuality of my fellow players and even my game console itself. Then I put something stupid on through Netflix and pass out. If I'm stoned I go straight to Netflix and watch Trailer Park Boys or some shit.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I slipped LSD into my housemate's drink once and made them play Silent Hill. They're totally fucked up now. Worth it.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sports games when drunk. I remember booting up Fifa the next day and had Messi with Ronaldo on my team. I still don't know how that happened.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been known to have some bourbon or a beer while playing LoL. Typically it has no effect. The one time I was legitimately tipsy, I played so so much better than usual...

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't do any of that stuff, but my friend claims he's ten times better at Guitar Hero when he's stoned.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alcohol is a requirement for online fps games like battlefield 4.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always play games high.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By crithon

rum and TF2 playing as a demo in character. And music games I enjoy to play drunk. With TF2, I drink and just randomly search servers to find something interesting.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have tried but then I get distracted too easily. I have friends who occasionally break out Mario Kart 64 if we're drinking at their place and I totally suck at it. I don't know how they can drink and "drive" so well. But if we start playing some WWF No Mercy then I can manage, that's a pretty simple game.

corganmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah, I do.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i do lines off R.O.B. and blast into some Fusion Frenzy

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the time. Dark Souls is a great game to drink to. Mega Man inevitably gets broken out if I'm browsing through my XBL collection, I suck at that, because I'm drunk so duh, turn it off and often play Lode Runner for some reason.I wish I had friends who were more interested in playing games, get drunk as fuck and enjoy wonderful dumb videogame magic together.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I don't get inebriated anymore, unless being really tired counts.

The last time I drank heavily was because of a drinking game of Monopoly. Every time we passed go or landed on Free Parking we had to chug a beer. I've never landed on free parking more in my life. We were camping, and too drunk to build a fire, and I puked all night.

Thus I no longer drink. I tried to have one beer since then, but it just brings back sense memory of vomit. As if alcohol needed any help to taste bad.

FidusLingura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the last time I got inebriated and played a game was christmas 2012, I got absolutely plastered an proceeded to play hotline Miami, big mistake

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I played ranked League a few times. My win rate while inebriated is like 45% and I do my best not to play under the influence anymore

I'll play any other game though since that shit don't matter