Do you pre-order or buy later.....games that is.

demonssoulfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By demonssoulfood

I found that I have been just waiting and  buying used copies as of late.  I have fallen out of the pre-order scene.  

demonssoulfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demonssoulfood

I found that I have been just waiting and  buying used copies as of late.  I have fallen out of the pre-order scene.  

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

I won't even pay $30 for a game these days.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By TomA

I don't preorder but when i buy 360 games i pretty much always buy it the day it comes out or shortly after. Since i only buy the 360 games i REALLY want anyway. As for PC stuff, its usually on steam or if i find an expansion pack for a game i own in stores i might pick it up.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

I generally buy later, though i bought recently some games at release.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hourai

I buy on the first or second day without a preorder because I'm under 18 and don't have a credit card. 

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Buy games at full price!? 

Bahahahahaha! Why would I do that? I always buy used and later.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
@AlwaysAngry said:
" Buy games at full price!?   Bahahahahaha! Why would I do that? I always buy used and later. "
Because you are a gamer and have a natural urge to play the hottest games on day 1. 
Nunchuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Nunchuckles

I always pre-order games that I'm definitely going to get at Amazon.  Always get the free shipping and they always have like a 10 or 20 gift card if you pre-order.  Like Red Dead Redemption for an example.  Other games that I feel arent worth it, like Brutal Legend, I wait for the price to come down, right now its down to 20 bucks on amazon, and I still think thats too much.  But I like to support games and developers.  But I don't support any movies or song artists though.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sixghost
@Hourai said:
" I buy on the first or second day without a preorder because I'm under 18 and don't have a credit card.  "
Where do you need a credit card to preorder games? Besides online obviously.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Ryax

depends on the game

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Burns098356GX

I'll never understand people who pre-order. 99% of the pre-order bonuses are garbage. I just buy a game the day it comes out.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf

I'll pre-order games I am really excited for. Other games I'll wait until they drop in price.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RedneckedCrake

Depends on how much I want the game. The only recent games I pre-ordered were Mass Effect 2 and Halo: ODST. That's really only because I wanted to play them and had the money on hand at the time.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Ace829

I only buy if it's a game that will last long. (decent online mp, longevity, or just plain addictive) If it's a game like Alan Wake where it's a campaign of a few hours, I rent or buy later when the price drops.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By FacelessVixen

Pre-order online. Avoid paying $60.

An extra $5 can go a long way.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Vonocourt

Only time I pre-order is if I'm buying it online, otherwise there's no reason. Over the past year, most games have been in the rent/buy later category.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bybeach

Depends on the game(as said before) I really wished I had done this with the last Stalker game, cause it's still just and only qued up, while the price has dropped dramatically. I sort of try to do things that way, but pre-order through Amazon works also, for reasons previously stated.  I got the directers cut still cheap cause of the pre-order.

I feel like I have an option, not either-or.
labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By labam89

All depends on the game and the developer/publisher for me. Its very rare that it happens but I do sometimes preorder stuff.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

It's rare for me to preorder. Usually, I rent a game, and then if I really like it, I'll wait for a price drop before buying. I did just preorder Red Dead Redemption, though.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince

Depends on the game. If I know I want it, and there is some incentive then I preorder it.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By NickLott

Definitely depends on the game as well as Amazon's preorder incentive. For instance, my current preorders for Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead have a $20 redeemable rewards and Alan Wake has a $10 one. These are all games that I really anticipated and would have paid full price for them anyway but in conjunction with the bonus as well as free release day delivery I get from Amazon Prime make them definite preorders.  

Something like Skate 3 or Just Cause 2 are games I definitely want to play but I don't want to play them enough to warrant full price. They are more $25-$35 games to me personally. I also rarely buy used. 

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Organicalistic_
@ajamafalous said:
" I won't even pay $30 for a game these days. "
this
roscoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By roscoe

if im bored/have free time ill go out and pick up a game. dont really like buying games used or pre ordering

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shirogane

I preorder if it's a game i really like/want, like SC2. Or if there's some special limited edition that i might miss out on, like SC2. Or maybe if there's a nice preorder bonus, like the RE4 shirt that i always wear. 

But lately i've found a place where i can get console games brand new for cheaper than preowned prices at other places. Imported games are awesome cheap. Release dates and when the place gets stock can be a bit weird though.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrKlorox

depends on the game. If it's a PC game, I'll almost always wait for a Steam sale. I'll only pre-order maybe two of the five full-priced games I buy a year.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never wanted a game bad enough to preorder it, I usually wait for some initial reviews.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hot_Karl

The only times I've preordered were because of pre-order exclusive bullshit that I hate but still cave and buy anyway along with deals for buying the game early- for example, if you buy Madden 11 right now on Amazon, you get free release-date delivery and a $20 gift card. With UFC Undisputed, you save a couple dollars pre-purchasing it now, plus you get 4 exclusive DLC fighters.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I very rarely pre-order a game, I'll usually just pick it up on shelves some time after it's out.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Karl_Boss

I wait....I rarely will ever spend above $20 for a game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By penguindust
Modern Warfare 2 was the last game I pre-ordered and that was just because Amazon was giving away a $20 credit voucher towards my next game purchase.  Those are the only times I pre-order these days.  I need a big cut in the price for me to make that commitment.  Otherwise, I wait days, weeks even months to get a game.  Why buy it day-and-date then have it sit on the shelf because I am too busy or just not feeling like gaming for a while?
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Illmatic

I dont usually ever preorder. If the game isnt available at a gamestop because of all the preorders I just drive the extra 5 minutes to go to a target or walgreens.

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By erinfizz

Although I don't usually bother, I have SMG2, Trauma Team and Sin & Punishment pre-ordered right now. After a completely annoying experience with the first SMG of seriously not being able to find a copy on release day and having to drive out to a suburban Best Buy from midtown Atlanta, I was all over pre ordering it even w/o a premium.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@JJWeatherman said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Buy games at full price!?   Bahahahahaha! Why would I do that? I always buy used and later. "
Because you are a gamer and have a natural urge to play the hottest games on day 1.  "
*tin foil hat* 

That's what they want you to think.
zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By zyn

I pre-order the games I want.   However, the majority of the games I plan to purchase, I will at a later date (mainly because of DLC).