Do you shower in the morning, or in the evening?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll Do you shower in the morning, or in the evening? (210 votes)

Morning 43%
Evening 37%
Both 17%
Neither (I am stinky) 4%

Hey duders,

I was talking to a friend about this earlier today and we both had different approaches to it. He showers in the morning, to wake up and prep him for the day ahead, but said sometimes when he gets home from work and gets into bed, he can feel a bit grimy

On the other hand, I like to shower at night before bed. If I go to bed with clean sheets on, and my body is clean, technically I'm in a clean environment, but sometimes in the morning when I walk to work, I feel a bit minging

Some days I shower before and after work, but that's a treat, as bills rising in the UK makes that a tricky nut to crack

What about y'all? Where do you stand?

• 
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Before the dark times: Mornings.

Over the past two years (and counting): When I feel like it.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I get crazy bed hair every time after a sleep. I’d rather take a shower at night but have to in the morning for that reason

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both for me. A hot shower is more important to me waking up than my morning coffee, and I don't like getting into my bed dirty and sweaty after the gym.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

It used to be in the mornings, but now it's whenever I feel like it. So it could be both in the morning or at night.

snaketelegraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I shower at night mostly so my hair can air dry. It helps me relax and then I can sleep until the last minute lol. I know this question can be oddly contentious at times but if you shower once a day it probably doesn't matter which time you pick really.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

If I'm gonna exercise, after that. If I'm not, in the evening before I go to sleep. I sleep better if I have a shower right before.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

When I had short hair, it was in the morning. Now with long hair, my hair legit needs 4+ hours to dry and hold its shape, so evenings.

Life tip: don't have long curly hair

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evening, i start work at 6am and there's no way in hell i'm having a shower before then, i don't even have breakfast.
Though even if i didn't start so early i would still have it in the evening, i feel kinda dizzy and out of it after a shower, i think it's a sensory depravation thing.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evening showering is vastly superior. You naturally feel drowsy after a hot shower, and mornings suck anyway so it's good to have one less task to worry about. Past two years though I've been doing midday showers working from home (get paid to do it, why not).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Imagine being a monster that showers in the morning. The only time I showered in the morning was was back in college when I was renting a room in a house and the landlord who lived in the basement complained that the pipes made too much noise at night when I showered so I was forced to go to bed filthy after an entire day.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I shower after I exercise which is usually in the morning.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I have always assumed this might be a cultural thing. The white members of my family overwhelmingly shower in the morning and the Asian side of my family overwhelmingly showers in the evening.

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always showered before bed because, yeah, the notion of lying down to sleep in your own filth has always been unappealing. However, now that I work an overnight shift, things are a little different: I get home from work in the morning, immediately hit the gym and shower after that. Then I'm up for a bit and go to sleep about noon and when I wake up in the evening to get ready for work, part of the routine is to shower again. So, it's both for me, and my water bill reflex that.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, just gotta shower pre-work to wake up and feel clean. I'll then exercise after work and shower after that cos cannot imagine going to bed that sweaty.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't wanna shame anyone for their lifestyle (and as someone else said, it's probably fine either way), but if anyone's under the illusion that they can spend 6-8 hours with nearly full body contact in the same bed/pillow/blanket they use every day and come out clean they might wanna rethink that. Your bed is one of the dirtiest places in your home (exactly because you spend hours laying in it every day), and no, clean sheets are not magical bed condoms.

Even ignorig that, 6-8 hours of existing means 6-8 hours of excretions through various forms all over the body. Time doesn't stop just because you're sleeping. But again, as long as you shower daily there's probably no recognizable difference. It sorta reminds me of the "do you wash your legs" thing a few years ago. Have you ever in your life noticed if someone regularly washes their legs or not ?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42: On the flip side we didn't have clean running water or soap for millions of years.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever since wfh has been a thing, it's whenever I feel like it. Mornings are standard showers, but evenings are like my luxury showers to fully cap off the night (besides a drink or some weed). However, I don't shower my head everyday (but still the body) since that puts a lot of stress on your hair, so my head receives one every three or four days, and I substitute head showers with dry shampoo on the off days when it gets oily.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to shower in the mornings since I'd feel nasty after I got out of bed, also to fix my hair. However, after getting married my routine of waking 15 minutes before I had to go to work to take a shower and get ready didn't work anymore with having to help take care of the kids and get them ready for their daycare/school. So instead of waking earlier I shower at night. It isn't ideal but I prefer my 10 extra minutes of sleep.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Usually in the morning, because if I do it at night I have to wash my hair again in the mornings or it will look kinda gross by the end of the day (I have frequently seen that this is because of washing it every day, but I found out during the work from home phase of the pandemic that this isn't the case, skipping a day or two for some time looked and felt real bad).

Sometimes I will take a shower at night anyway because nothing "resets" my brain after work quite like showering with water that's .0001 degrees F below scalding.

Avatar image for charaznablecustom
CharAznableCustom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally both but always in the morning. If I don't leave the house on the weekend I might not shower in the evening but if I workout then a second show is non-negotiable.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Mornings. Even if you shower before you ever touch the bed, you're still going to sweat and or lose skin and hair into the bed making it dirty. So, you're just going to work dirty every morning if you shower only at night.

When I used to work out at night, it was both, but I work out in the morning now.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Once I get home from work, I almost immediately take a shower. It mentally relaxes me.

Adamot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before the dark times: Mornings.

Over the past two years (and counting): When I feel like it.

I was going to say who doesn't shower in the morning for work or school, but then I realized that I'm no longer on that schedule either. I still shower in the am on most days, but there are def times when I let it slide well into the afternoon (like today).

greased_ltng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evening. I always make sure I'm clean before I hit the bed.

chknmoondust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta get that good stank all over ya.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Showering in the evening helps me take off the physical and mental grime of the day. I also don't like the idea of getting my sheets unnecessarily dirty. If I know that I'll have a long day ahead with no chance to shower for over 20 hours, then I will shower in the morning.

suzukagongen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Evening.

It feels better to sleep when the body is exfoliated/moisturized and way less itchy. Also does not bring outside dirt or the day's sweat/smell into the sheets and pillow.