• 87 results
#1 Posted by leky1 (953 posts) -
#2 Posted by leky1 (953 posts) -

i personally don't

#3 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

No Caption Provided
#4 Edited by Hitchenson (4708 posts) -

If you do, you're stupid on all kinds of levels and I hope you die in 2012.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
#5 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7598 posts) -

The end of the Mayan calander has nothing to do with the Apocalypse, it signifies the end of an Age, something which has happened multiple times already.  While it does imply some kind of "change" they never said anything about destruction, the end or the Apocalypse.

I brought this up here before..  but the belief that the world will end on 2012 is almost as ignorant as those who thought the Large Hadron Collider was going to create a black hole and destroy the whole universe.  If you're actually worried about it, try doing some research and learn about what it actually is, and don't just flail your arms, screaming "we're gonna die!".

#6 Posted by Mike (17288 posts) -

To anyone who votes yes: Can I have your stuff?

#7 Edited by ZeForgotten (10368 posts) -

Nope, obviously not. 
But that doesn't mean I don't have a whole list of people I wish would die in 2012. (or before that) 
Oh that reminds me, need to add one more on that list

#8 Posted by leky1 (953 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" The end of the Mayan calander has nothing to do with the Apocalypse, it signifies the end of an Age, something which has happened multiple times already.  While it does imply some kind of "change" they never said anything about destruction, the end or the Apocalypse. I brought this up here before..  but the belief that the world will end on 2012 is almost as ignorant as those who thought the Large Hadron Collider was going to create a black hole and destroy the whole universe.  If you're actually worried about it, try doing some research and learn about what it actually is, and don't just flail your arms, screaming "we're gonna die!". "
EVERYONE!READ THE SECOND F*CKING POST!!!
#9 Posted by MetalR (425 posts) -

I voted yes for the lulz.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

I hope some people do believe such nonsense, make for some great youtube videos i'll bet when 2012 comes ever closer.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7598 posts) -
@leky1 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" The end of the Mayan calander has nothing to do with the Apocalypse, it signifies the end of an Age, something which has happened multiple times already.  While it does imply some kind of "change" they never said anything about destruction, the end or the Apocalypse. I brought this up here before..  but the belief that the world will end on 2012 is almost as ignorant as those who thought the Large Hadron Collider was going to create a black hole and destroy the whole universe.  If you're actually worried about it, try doing some research and learn about what it actually is, and don't just flail your arms, screaming "we're gonna die!". "
EVERYONE!READ THE SECOND F*CKING POST!!! "
Don't get me wrong, my comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone else here.
It was just a general rant.
#12 Posted by TheGamerFix (255 posts) -

Of course the worlds not gonna end in 2012 why would the Mayans have needed to keep adding further dates to their calender? surely when they would've been nearing 2000, if the Spanish had kept themselves to themselves, then maybe they would add a few more years. The worlds obviously not gonna end.
#13 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1195 posts) -

#14 Posted by Red12b (9360 posts) -
@MB said:
"To anyone who votes yes: Can I have your stuff? "

@MB said:
Fucking bet me to it. 

@WinterSnowblind said:
" @leky1 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
Don't get me wrong, my comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone else here. It was just a general rant. "

where did that post go?
#15 Posted by Chipset_Seven (220 posts) -

Well if the sun starts running out of hydrogen real fast or there are massive solar flares then it could end next week, but that's probably not gonna happen.  Also, be on the lookout for large asteroids - maybe this is why the dinosaurs are extinct?

#16 Posted by Willin (1387 posts) -

Actually it's going to happen next year.

#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10368 posts) -
@leky1 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
Dude, chill the fuck out, please. Nobody is attacking you -.-
#18 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1195 posts) -

I also forgot to mention that when they created the calender we use they messed it up by four years. Right now it's actually 2013.

#19 Posted by Jeust (11739 posts) -
@leky1:   

Someday will happen, as we are mainly a destructiv race, but i don't believe in scheduled dates. 
#20 Posted by PenguinDust (12994 posts) -

Will the world end in 2012?  Maybe.  I'm not going to rule out the possibility.  Of course, it could just as equally end tomorrow.  Who's to say when?  Maybe the world has already ended and we are just fragments of memory wafting through the aftermath.  

If not, I have faith that Jon Cusack will save us...that's what usually happens at the end, right?

Avatar image for themanwith4chans
#21 Posted by themanwith4chans (24 posts) -

no it won't.

And I hate how so many psuedo science dicks out there claim to be authorities on the matter and continue the misinformation. Planet X is not on its way!

DIE HIPPIES! DIE!

#22 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

I'm counting on it.

#23 Posted by Kazona (3389 posts) -

We are all gonna die! 

Someday, but not in 2012.

#24 Posted by DreDavis (46 posts) -

It'll totaly happen. Trust me, I know stuff.

#25 Posted by angelkanarias (1523 posts) -

do you think I'm retarded?

#26 Posted by JonathanMoore (1880 posts) -
@DreDavis said:
" It'll totaly happen. Trust me, I know stuff. "
He seems legit.
#27 Posted by Mushir (2631 posts) -
@JonathanMoore said:
" @DreDavis said:
He seems legit. "
I'm with this guy.
#28 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@DreDavis said:
Ok.
#29 Posted by leky1 (953 posts) -

wow...some people actually vodet Yes 0o0

#30 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -

just once i would like one of these apocalypse things to come true, don't get me wrong i love the way stuff is at the moment but it would be nice to have some drama.  
plus I think I’d survive, no apocalypse has seen the likes of me...

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
#31 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4314 posts) -

No, the world was supposed to end in 2000 right?

#32 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

Of course it won't, my college degree is over 4 years. I still have to get married, have kids, get a job and inherit the walnut cabinet. (Weren't you going somewhere?)

#33 Posted by ZeForgotten (10368 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" Of course it won't, my college degree is over 4 years. I still have to get married, have kids, get a job and inherit the walnut cabinet. (Weren't you going somewhere?) "
He's just one of those dumbfucks going "I'm totally leaving!" and stays here for another week or 4. 
Attentionwhores is what we call them here, 
#34 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: I gathered that. Pretty pathethic way of getting attention but I don't know him so I couldn't care less.
#35 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3851 posts) -

Dont get me wrong, Im sure the Mayans were great guys, but I think we are taking there whole calendar way out of context. For all we know 2012 was just the date they were going to make a new calendar.

#36 Posted by Tebbit (4589 posts) -
@MB said:

If you want a dildo and three bootleg copies of Wall-E then be my guest.
#37 Posted by borgmaster (533 posts) -

if anything bad happens it'll be our society partially tearing itself apart due to people thinking that the world's gonna end, like one 'o them self-fulfilling prophecy type things.

#38 Edited by GunnBjorn (2905 posts) -

"But of that day and hour no one knows...'', Jesus - (Matthew 24:36)    

#39 Posted by ninjakiller (3427 posts) -
@GunnBjorn said:
"  "But of that day and hour no one knows...'', Jesus - (Matthew 24:36)     "
Sup, i haerd u liek jesus.
#40 Posted by GunnBjorn (2905 posts) -
@ninjakiller said:
" @GunnBjorn said:
"  "But of that day and hour no one knows...'', Jesus - (Matthew 24:36)     "
Sup, i haerd u liek jesus. "

I truly try to apply some of His teachings into my life.
#41 Posted by gearhead (2377 posts) -
@MB said:
" To anyone who votes yes: Can I have your stuff? "
#42 Posted by ninjakiller (3427 posts) -

No, but I'm kind of rooting for it as it looks like it would be hilarious.

#43 Posted by Kaineda77 (159 posts) -
@Alex_Murphy:@Alex_Murphy said:

"  

"
Earthquakes bigger than the Richter Scale...classic
#44 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (5010 posts) -

I wanna say no but on 12/21/12 I'm going to be a little nervous.

#45 Posted by zudthespud (3332 posts) -

Now they've gone and made that film they have jinxed it. It's never going to happen now :(

#46 Posted by Tiwi (1422 posts) -

err...
you guys know that there is a chance SOMETHING can happen.
that year is the year our solersystem cross to the magnetic pole in the senter of the galaxy.  
I don't understad it though... so don't listen to me.
I don't care anyway....
 Anyway i'm more conserned with 2036. that one is real.

#47 Posted by Win (548 posts) -

People are dumb. 
How dumb you ask? There is a girl in my school who won't be applying to any university or college because she expects the world to end in 2012.  I'm not kidding.

#48 Posted by Rockanomics (1187 posts) -

According to my source, the end of the world will be on February 14 in the year 2016.

#49 Posted by PercyChuggs (1141 posts) -

No, and if you do, you're a dumbass.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#50 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

No, since the greatest evil and only thing that could ever cause this (Satan Claus) died last year. I mean, the only way the 2012 thing could happen now would be if, say, somebody went back in time and brought Satan Claus to that day in the future so he could unleash his hellish fury on all mankind. But we all know that will never happen, right?