Do you think visually? auditory? or kinesthetically?

• 72 results
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@VisariLoyalist: hey your the one accusing me of talking down to auditory ppl. The way I see it, your accusing me of things I have no idea what your talking about. That's totally incorrect and a bit warped in thinking. Are you sure i'm insulting your mental state (your mental state is your state of mind and nothing to do with the topic, you should research that) Maybe your being a slightly bit, irrational? I'm trying to be nice here, maybe you should realise not everyone has a sinister intent or is trying to insult you. It's your interpretations and maybe you have low self esteem where you will get hurt so easily by something so trivial. Have you ever thought about that? I have my own interpretations of the world that's different than yours. I'm only saying. (i'm not trying to insult you or auditory ppl, if I have to spell it out directly, I rather not argue, however I don't like misunderstanding)
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@HitmanAgent47:  yes well... go on with all that shit but I'm done.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@ChristOnIce: yeah good for you, how about answering the question. I assume you are auditory?
droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By droop

I even dress visually to impress, lol.

visual

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I took a test once which said I was visual.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@ChristOnIce: Wow, calm down, I am not asking for your life story here. Well I have a policy that I don't reply to new users during arguements because they tend to be insultive. I don't reply more than six times and what's with new users? they are all hostile, must be kicked out of gamespot or something and showed up here. Well thanks for your opinion and I don't pracitice NLP, however there isn't really much in the way of subconcious psychology, with the exception of hypnosis. Well nice knowing you. 

Poor grammer, is that another hostile passive agressive dig.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Claude

Easily visual. Even when I remember lines in a play, I see the pages of dialog.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By audiosnag

A combination of audio and visual I'd say. I don't think i could separate the two.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@ChristOnIce: what do you mean by why does it not suprise you? Is that another dig? Another cheap shot comment by a passive agressive wimp? That sounded like a cheap shot. I told you I don't practice NLP, but I find it interesting that some of us does think within a modality whether you believe in it or not. It's a constant and we all actually have a stronger modality whether you believe it or not. Your actually insulting me for mentioning something about NLP? I`ve studied more than NLP, I know most of the psychological methods.

I want to ask you a few questions, which psychological methods do you think are the best? Name them. (as if I really care, I just want to see if you know what your talking about because I do know alot of these methods)

Also I want to know where you came from, gamespot? ign, your obviously from somewhere else. Which site, I am trying to figure out where the influx of hostile new posters are from and why they are so angry. All new posters never read the rules, dismiss things without a good counter arguement, just dismiss things without good counter points and they are insultive. Good for you, dismissing something like this, even if we all think in modalities, it's a constant. Who cares what you think about it, if it's a constant and it brings results, then good. I guess I shoudn't bother, you can't talk with a hostile agressive, they already made up their mind.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By ryanwho

Gardner's Intelligences are pretty fun for creating character types. But anyone who actually takes a psych class knows this shit here is emphatically unscientific. This is what happens when you let wiki and youtube mold your brain. Pseudo intellectuality, and you flip out when someone corrects you. Get help hitman.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Regardless of NLP's credibility, we do think visually, auditory and kinesthetically even if you don't put NLP labels at the end of it. We have to see, think or feel, I mean what else is there? Psychology thinks it's all auditory. If you study those how to improve memory programs, it's always a very visual program. Besides, it's a constant, I've studied cognitive behavioral therapy, basic psychology, NLP well a bit, EMDR, hypnosis. I'm starting to research more psychiatry and mental illness. I am interested at results and I don't have to spend an entire lifetime on just one of these fields which is limiting, I want to understand everything if it brings results. Now i'm interested in social psychology, not just invidual style stuff. It's not from youtube or wiki and i've always considered myself a visual thinking my entire life.  

Okay someone prove it to me that we don't think in modalities? If you want to prove me wrong, go ahead. If I say elephant, some of you sees a picture, others turn it into a word and others thinks of the color and how they feel about elephants in general.  

For dating, it's proven to be a sucess, ross jefferies tried to use it for dating and found it brought results. I am interested in the results, not who santions it. If I post a wiki link, i'm just saying, there is some base to what i'm saying. Well i'm interested in everything psychology whether it's taught in basic psychology or not. I couldn't careless, if it brings results. I'm not defending it like I believe NLP rules or anything, but I think it has brought results in the world of dating at least. I doubt this theory could be tested by a bunch of old psychologist who can't get a good looking women no matter what, so it's dismissed. If you had a girlfriend for example, finding out her modality, you can communicate more effectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seduction_community      
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_seduction     
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By Gunner

fastfastfastcoffeecoffeecoffee

Knutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Knutsi

I don't feel these categories apply to me.  You should have an option to say none of the categories match you, perhaps?  If allot of people choose this, it might hint, as I suspect, that these categories are too simple.  These things are very hard.   

Myself (I am a medical student, current topics are statistics, biology, human behaviour and more):  I always *feel* mathematics and biology as motions and changes,  but these feelings I express visually in my notes, especaily when I communicate it with others.  I think the combination of the visual and feelings aid my understanding.  I have a hard time learning things that cannot be described like this.  I also dress very casually, and I am not very good at auditory learning in general, yet my thought are sometimes very auditory, and working through things I find I do internal monologue allot, sometimes it also escapes through my mouth ;)  (it seems to me like internal monolgue actually adds new information, like putting words to things connects information in new ways).  Oh, and I dont think very fast.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By OmegaChosen

All three? None of those three are all that dominant in my psyche that I can tell. Sometimes I think fast, other times I take my time when gathering thoughts, and sometimes sounds are very crucial to my ideas. It all depends on what I'm thinking about.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@OmegaChosen: i'm asking which one is the strongest, we all use all three of them at different times.  

Still i'm finding the results interesting, alot of ppl who thinks visually. It seems like education system is all build on auditory. Arguing with alot of ppl, they don't listen to evidence either and they are often irrational. I think ppl can be moved visually or emotionally more than logically and that's what i've learned from the poll results so far. This thread was a social experiment and that's what i've learned from it. I'm also suprised how the other two options outweight kinesthetic and I met alot of ppl like that in RL, they do talk a bit slower, feelings rules their thought process. Ppl can pretend they don't think like this, however the polls shows, alot of ppl thinks like this. Keep voting and pick the one that is the strongest.
Avatar image for closeranemone48
Closeranemone48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I have "modes" sometimes I try to say everything I'm thinking really fast, which is usually triggered by philosophy. Some times I'm auditory and mumble what I'm thinking. Italy triggered by math or writing. Some times I say meaningful stuff that's full of emotion. Usually triggered by sombody requiring wisdom that I for some reason can provide.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I miss Hitmanagent47

He was truly a shimmering light when we had only darkness

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I started spending time in Giantbomb forums seemingly right after HitmanAgent47 stopped. I suppose he was banned for something?

Anyway, I'm not sure if I have too little or too much brainpower to process this thread right now.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I use all three to remember or learn or work on anything. I have dyslexia and the theory of education when I was diagnosed was you just make EVERYTHING a visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning experience. That was the theory in the 1970s. for education

So, over the years I just got in the habit when I read my own writing to read everything out loud mainge it a cognitive audio and visual experience. When I learned something that might be more kinesthetic, I talk myself through it like and dance instructor. It has never hurt me to add as much sensory-input to what I'm doing. You might think that might distract other people, but I often whisper or subvocalize if I can't just talk. However, at work I do tend to have a constant stream of mumblingwhen I do anything that needs a lot of brain power.

I work in a library, so you might think me mumbling would distract other people! However, I'm the damn department head - if I want to mumble - I will damn-well mumble! My staff is used to me subvocalizing or mumbling when I'm working on a tricky problem. They have learned to never interrupt me when I'm mumbling because it means I am in my "dissociative fuge" where I do my best work.

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what I'm thinking about. If it's politics or social dynamics or economics etc I will think in terms of machinery and how it interlocks with other mechanisms and gearboxes and conversions etc. etc. This lets me create a fairly easy to understand engine out of pretty much any complex topic(within my capacity to understand). A mechanism that I can manipulate to see what comes out the other end. I've always worked like this, and it's made it somewhat hard to explain things to others because I have to convert stuff into words.. However, I am pretty good at predicting what's going to happen because I've tweaked and improved these mechanisms my entire life. Human impulses are pretty simple once broken down into parts and reassembled as a machine. Also makes humans more boring when they become laughably predictable.

Most of the time my brain just churns out nonsense at random, words, imagery, ideas, music. Absolute shitstorm up there. I'm bipolar, probably the source of most of the chaos.