Do you visit Comic Vine?

• 63 results
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Poll Do you visit Comic Vine? (403 votes)

On a regular basis 6%
Occasionally 19%
Never/almost never 75%

I was just checking out Comic Vine - the new Giant Bomb site changes made me curious about what's going on over at the other site. Certainly not a place I would normally visit, but it's interesting checking out a parallel universe of Giant Bomb every now and then.

Anyway, I'm interested to see if there's much of an overlap between Giant Bomb and Comic Vine users. I briefly looked over the forums and I barely saw any familiar names. Also, battles, lots of battles.

• 
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#51 chaser324  Moderator

Nope. I find all of the crazy stuff going on in their forums and comments incredibly off-putting. Alts, gimmicks, spam posts, battle threads, forum games - no thanks.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I went there once by accident when trying to find a chronological timeline of the Batman comics, but that's about it.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Verrrrrry rarely. mycomicshop is where I tend to go to research story lines since they have good write-ups on each and every issue in their database and a really great search system. Comicvine seems to be nothing more than cover galleries and people on the forum talking about Superhero A vs. Superhero B, and let's not even discuss what happens in their comment sections.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Never

If I search something about comic book characters within google I'll look for the comic vine page I'll go to it but I never go there in the first place.

Your_Mom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Your_Mom

There seems to be quite the schism between the two sites...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

It's my first stop anytime I want to read up on comic history etc.

Pretty much only ever engage with reading the wiki

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@your_mom said:

There seems to be quite the schism between the two sites...

I wouldn't call it a schizm, just not a whole lot of cross-over.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

The wiki is great, that's the only place I go on CV other than some random news/articles/reviews.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59  Edited By veektarius

They had some pretty cool videos way back in the Whiskey days. Their three minute expert or whatever the series was called in particular was really good (and well-edited). The resources they had available for video production clearly dropped way off at some point even before the move.

Incidentally, I remember seeing G-man around sometimes in early mailbags at the CBS office (generally looking unamused at GB's goings-on), but it seems like some time since I've seen him.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Once Tony moved out of their workspace, I slowly slowed down with CV. And I really liked Sara on the site, she was always a fun guest and a great foil to Tony.

I'll still pop in when some obscure character shows up on Agents of Shield or something. But when Tested left and Screened got shuttered, Giant Bomb became my sole Whiskey site.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By Entreri10

I'll go there once a week or so to keep up to date on stuff, but I usually don't visit their forums as often since I don't necessarily feel they are as welcoming as here.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's never really been any hook to make me want to visit the site. It looks like they never got any on-camera personalities after Sara left, and the forums don't have anything for me. It seemed like they were trying to move towards Giant Bomb's style back in the Whiskey days, but checking back now it seems very uninspired and by the book.

TheVampHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheVampHunter

Yes, all the time. I'm an user on Comic Vine.