Dreams & Nightmares thread.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tell me some of your weirdest dreams and nightmares, please! It is a fascination of mine, whether meaningful, surreal, or plain nuts.

I'll start because I just had a ludicrous dream and needed to vent the crazy:

I was a documentarian who had heard there was a restaurant in a dusty US town that hired C-list actors to advertise their ridiculous food combos by participating in wacky live stunts to draw a crowd.

When I got there, I interviewed the owner. "Who was it?" no one asked. Well, I'll tell you, curious one: It was none other than Burt Reynolds, donning his classic Smokey and the Bandit garb. I asked, "Burt, what celebrities have you had show up that would surprise the folks at home?" He started to list some before we both froze at the sound of an approaching motorcyle. "Well, shit, here's one of them now!" he exlaimed over the noise.

When I turned around, it was... Jenette Goldstein.

Riding a Harley Davidson...

Naked.

The crowd went nuts. She almost ran me down. It was rad.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By berfunkle

A few weeks ago, I dreamed that I was dreaming. A few days after that, I went further down the rabbit hole, having multiple levels of dreaming that I was dreaming, something straight out of "Inception", but it was for real or at least, in my mind, it seemed real.

So go figure.

The dreams themselves were pretty mundane. I was walking around familiar places doing ordinary things.

On very, very rare occasions I have lucid dreams, you know, the ones that seem so real. One that stands out, is me standing in a field late at night and staring up into the sky seeing really, really strange shit that doesn't appear in the night sky in reality. I got a kick out of remembering that dream when I woke up cause I'm really into astronomy.

Only thing that pisses me off about my dreams in general is that I never have wet dreams or at least none that are worth remembering.

One more thing about dreams that intrigue me. I read a few years ago that your subconscious can "fool" you with dreams that make you think you're awake so that your body can get more sleep. I can attest to this, cause one time I had a dream, a somewhat lucid dream, where I got up from my bed, took a shower, went about my business around the house getting ready for work only to wake having sleep through my alarm. One of the strangest dreams I've had.

VVarbler89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VVarbler89

I had a dream that I shot heroin in rapid succession and then had a tearful with my father about how I wouldnt be able to talk to him anymore. He was essentially estranged at that point from my life. I have never done that stuff so it was disturbing to dream about.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well, that one dream I had of a former friend of mine being a Nazi zombie was pretty fuckin' weird.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was walking through a forest when I came to a small stream. I walked into it and began to slowly swim along with the current. Suddenly I started sinking. At the bottom of the stream I didn't touch ground, instead I fell through as thogh the stream was floating in the air. I landed on what seemed cold wet asphalt like ground. I couldn't see the ground beyond a few feet away from me. However, in the distance around me all I could see were shadowy shapes of trees compltely engulfed by flames. I started walking when finally a huge set of wooden doors appeared in front of me. They were probably four times my size. As I approached them, a demon stepped out of the shadows, being similarly sized to the set of doors. He looked at me and with a booming voice said "We have been waiting for you." -- For whatever reason, it's the only time I have woken up screaming.

Once I was being chased through a maze. The walls were bright red and tall as skyscrapers. The floor was white. Chasing me was none other than the Clown from Slipknot. Eventually after many twists an turns I found a small door. As I threw myself out of it, I landed in a huge ocean. Behind me was a big red structure I had just been in an the horizon was endless water. But in the water there were bright blocks and shapes floating around. Blue, yellow, red and green balls, pyramids and boxes. And, somehow, a bunch of lyxurious boats. As I swam toward one of the boats I was noticing the water was infested with huge sharks. I woke up as soon I was on the boat.

Once I was kidnapped in a dream. It took place in an old class room. The beings that kidnapped me was some characters from a children's cartoon I have since forgotten the name of. They kept throwing hot coffee and cake at me as I was trying to hide behind a door. As I woke up, I had a strong urge to run to my mom (I was very young at the time). As I got out of bed, I heard a voice say "You're not allowed to leave". -- You could imagine how fast I ran through our apartment.

I think those are my favorite dream memories from when I was younger. I still have a lot of vivid dreams abour varying subjects. Once I killed someone very slowly with a knife, that didn't feel great waking up from. However, it was also the only time I have ever managed to defeat someone in a dream and not have everything turn to slow motion and fail. And I also tend to dream a lot about girlfriends saying they want to be with other people, women specifically, so I'm rendered obsolete.

Once I woke up laughing so hard I had tears, wish I remembered that dream since I am realizing most of the dreams I really remember are nightmares or at least not fun dreams. That being said, a lot of the fun dreams I forget about a day after I have had them. And they are all hilariously surreal.

BearMonster17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BearMonster17

Very often I have very strange dreams. Usually these are just monsters, but sometimes I have 18+ dreams. Have you ever had dreams about a cousin? They cause a very unpleasant feeling ... Usually monsters just tear me to shreds, this ends the dream. I began to worry about such dreams and I decided to turn to an expert. On the forums, I was advised to contact Amanda from https://dreams-meaning.com/blog/flying-dream . Amanda was a professional in her field and helped me a lot. She told me about the meaning of my dreams, about how to get rid of them and what to do so that they no longer appear. Amanda helped me a lot and now I can get enough sleep. I hope she helps you too.

gornogorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure this is a common one, but today I had that dream where I spent the whole day working and woke up only to realize that now I actually have to go to work.

It is a bummer