Dreams & Nightmares thread.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tell me some of your weirdest dreams and nightmares, please! It is a fascination of mine, whether meaningful, surreal, or plain nuts.

I'll start because I just had a ludicrous dream and needed to vent the crazy:

I was a documentarian who had heard there was a restaurant in a dusty US town that hired C-list actors to advertise their ridiculous food combos by participating in wacky live stunts to draw a crowd.

When I got there, I interviewed the owner. "Who was it?" no one asked. Well, I'll tell you, curious one: It was none other than Burt Reynolds, donning his classic Smokey and the Bandit garb. I asked, "Burt, what celebrities have you had show up that would surprise the folks at home?" He started to list some before we both froze at the sound of an approaching motorcyle. "Well, shit, here's one of them now!" he exlaimed over the noise.

When I turned around, it was... Jenette Goldstein.

Riding a Harley Davidson...

Naked.

The crowd went nuts. She almost ran me down. It was rad.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By berfunkle

A few weeks ago, I dreamed that I was dreaming. A few days after that, I went further down the rabbit hole, having multiple levels of dreaming that I was dreaming, something straight out of "Inception", but it was for real or at least, in my mind, it seemed real.

So go figure.

The dreams themselves were pretty mundane. I was walking around familiar places doing ordinary things.

On very, very rare occasions I have lucid dreams, you know, the ones that seem so real. One that stands out, is me standing in a field late at night and staring up into the sky seeing really, really strange shit that doesn't appear in the night sky in reality. I got a kick out of remembering that dream when I woke up cause I'm really into astronomy.

Only thing that pisses me off about my dreams in general is that I never have wet dreams or at least none that are worth remembering.

One more thing about dreams that intrigue me. I read a few years ago that your subconscious can "fool" you with dreams that make you think you're awake so that your body can get more sleep. I can attest to this, cause one time I had a dream, a somewhat lucid dream, where I got up from my bed, took a shower, went about my business around the house getting ready for work only to wake having sleep through my alarm. One of the strangest dreams I've had.