Avatar image for brandoncooper17
brandoncooper17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By brandoncooper17

He should have won best album at grammy's. As an eminem fan i have been waiting since 1999 for him to win album of year. Every year he is robbed.

MMLP and eminem show all amazing should have won but never did any this year recovery.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ninjakiller

Oh you mean he wasn't physically assaulted and mugged?  Too bad.  

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SeriouslyNow

HEWUZROBBED!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Nonsence, Eminem hasn't been anything more than "meh, it's OK, I guess" for eleven years. The Marshal Mathers LP should have won a Grammy.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UnrealDP
@ninjakiller:
Gah not nice man :(
But yeah i kinda agree but this year wasnt his strongest so not a big suprise.
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blueduck

Modern music awards carry as much weight as video game awards.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By jkz
@blueduck said:
" Modern music awards carry as much weight as video game awards. "
This. 

Also Recovery was pretty bad.
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By benpack

Did that video game song that was nominated win?

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Illmatic

If they awarded albums from years back, then yeah he was robbed. But the Eminem of today is nowhere near as rawly talented as the Eminem from the past. Him winning an award for a lackluster album does not make up for a past loss. If anything, he didn't deserve to win hip-hop album of the year. That's just my humble opinion.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Omega

I don't think you can rob him of something that never was his in the first place. It's physically impossible. 

Whether or not he deserved it I don't know. I'm not a fan. 

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

He won best rap album, over The Roots. That's enough damage for one night.  

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By august

Why? So you can sit me here, next to Brittney Spears?

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rollingzeppelin
@blueduck said:
this, also 
@brandoncooper17 said:
" MMLP and eminem show all amazing should have won but never did any this year recovery. "
Does anyone understand this sentence?! In the immortal words of Sam Jackson "English motherfucker, do you speak it?!"
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Afroman269
@blueduck said:
brandoncooper17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brandoncooper17
@Illmatic said:

" If they awarded albums from years back, then yeah he was robbed. But the Eminem of today is nowhere near as rawly talented as the Eminem from the past. Him winning an award for a lackluster album does not make up for a past loss. If anything, he didn't deserve to win hip-hop album of the year. That's just my humble opinion. "

And i  disagree
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By wrighteous86

I thought this thread would be how he robbed himself of his dignity and self-respect as a performer by doing that shitty Brisk Iced Tea commercial.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rollingzeppelin
@XII_Sniper said:
" He won best rap album, over The Roots. That's enough damage for one night.   "
He beat The Roots? Well that's fucked, another reason to disregard that awards show. They should have a separate category for Hip Hop though, then this kind of bullshit wouldn't happen. 
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By fr0br0
@Illmatic said:
" If they awarded albums from years back, then yeah he was robbed. But the Eminem of today is nowhere near as rawly talented as the Eminem from the past. Him winning an award for a lackluster album does not make up for a past loss. If anything, he didn't deserve to win hip-hop album of the year. That's just my humble opinion. "
This. 
@august
said:
" Why? So you can sit me here, next to Brittney Spears? "
And I felt this deserved recognition as well
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude

Don't worry. He'll call his doctor.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By meteora

For a second there I thought his house has been robbed. Again.

brandoncooper17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brandoncooper17
@Wrighteous86 said:

" I thought this thread would be how he robbed himself of his dignity and self-respect as a performer by doing that shitty Brisk Iced Tea commercial. "

Hes not a sell out you idiot.

He actually got offered to do a hole campagin with  cyrsler and brisk because the ads with him did so well but he refused because he did not want to look like a sell out to his fans. 
quicksand31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By quicksand31
@XII_Sniper said:
" He won best rap album, over The Roots. That's enough damage for one night.   "
truth
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Illmatic
@brandoncooper17 said:

" @Illmatic said:

And i  disagree "
Really? Just taking Album of the Year out of the equation and going a step back to Rap Album of the Year, I don't really see how he beat out his competitors. I understand from a subject matter point of view, this is a very unique album compared to the likes of The Roots and Drake. Eminem has come from a genuinely twisted mind set (part of what I loved about old Eminem), to a "calmer" state of mind. I put calmer in quotations because none of this comes through in his rapping. The supposed change I'm supposed to believe he's gone through is buried under a somehow more aggressive delivery. It literally sounds like he's yelling at me for many of his more recent tracks. It doesn't make it sound more edgy to me, it makes it feel forced and hard to listen to. 

From a production standpoint, the tracks fail to capture my attention. The beats feel uninspired. The lyrics, while they may have an interesting theme and subject, are riddled with cliches that make me groan: "I guess that's why they call it window pane".....really??? A line like that would have never slipped out of the Eminem of old. It sounds bad to say, but if Eminem is truly getting over his pain then he was a better rapper when he was f'ed in the head.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The Grammy's were tonight ?   Do people still give a fuck about award shows ? 

brandoncooper17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By brandoncooper17
@Illmatic said:
" @brandoncooper17 said:
" @Illmatic said:

And i  disagree "
Really? Just taking Album of the Year out of the equation and going a step back to Rap Album of the Year, I don't really see how he beat out his competitors. I understand from a subject matter point of view, this is a very unique album compared to the likes of The Roots and Drake. Eminem has come from a genuinely twisted mind set (part of what I loved about old Eminem), to a "calmer" state of mind. I put calmer in quotations because none of this comes through in his rapping. The supposed change I'm supposed to believe he's gone through is buried under a somehow more aggressive delivery. It literally sounds like he's yelling at me for many of his more recent tracks. It doesn't make it sound more edgy to me, it makes it feel forced and hard to listen to. From a production standpoint, the tracks fail to capture my attention. The beats feel uninspired. The lyrics, while they may have an interesting theme and subject, are riddled with cliches that make me groan: "I guess that's why they call it window pane".....really??? A line like that would have never slipped out of the Eminem of old. "
Yes he has changed alot. He has moved away from slimshady and crazy style in sslp and mmlp but that was not really him he did it because people liked it.

He actually edited his voice in sslp and mmlp to go for a high pitch voice,  which he said was not natural for him to rap using and in eminem show he stopped that voice and rapped not trying make his voice differnet and just used his nature tone but he felt as if fans prefered that voice thats why he kept it in mmlp.

It really just has to do with artists changing you lose fans along the way.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By JJOR64

People still like him?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By GreggD
@GlenTennis said:
" Did that video game song that was nominated win? "
Yes.
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rollingzeppelin
@brandoncooper17 said:
" @Wrighteous86 said:

" I thought this thread would be how he robbed himself of his dignity and self-respect as a performer by doing that shitty Brisk Iced Tea commercial. "

Hes not a sell out you idiot.  He actually got offered to do a hole campagin with  cyrsler and brisk because the ads with him did so well but he refused because he did not want to look like a sell out to his fans.  "
You call him an idiot yet in the following sentence you fail to spell "whole", "campaign", or "Chrysler". I find it hard to take you seriously, really, I'm not normally a grammar nazi but your bad grammar is beyond the pale. I thought it might be that you don't speak the language natively, but your name is Brandon Cooper so that can't be it. I can only conclude that you are an illiterate moron, which explains why you like Eminem (ooooooooooooh, burn).   
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

He has one best rap album on every album but Encore, but I know what you mean. I was really hoping to see Recovery win. The only good thing about the Grammy's this year was Em and Dre's performance.

beatlebrainiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By beatlebrainiac

I'm sorry, but Recovery is NOT a better album than The Suburbs. In fact, it's not a better album than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which WASN'T EVEN NOMINATED. What the hell happened this year, Grammys? 

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Illmatic
@beatlebrainiac said:
" I'm sorry, but Recovery is NOT a better album than The Suburbs. In fact, it's not a better album than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which WASN'T EVEN NOMINATED. What the hell happened this year, Grammys?  "
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Twisted Fantasy was released after the cutoff date for albums nominated in this year's Grammy Awards. It's eligible for next year's Grammys.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGremp

The Grammys are a joke anyways.  They reward popularity and mainstream success over raw talent and creativity.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Illmatic
@TheGremp said:

" The Grammys are a joke anyways.  They reward popularity and mainstream success over raw talent and creativity. "

Esperanza Spalding would like a word with you.
brandoncooper17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By brandoncooper17
@beatlebrainiac said:
" I'm sorry, but Recovery is NOT a better album than The Suburbs. In fact, it's not a better album than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which WASN'T EVEN NOMINATED. What the hell happened this year, Grammys?  "
Thats funny it sounded like you stated that as fact.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#35  Edited By Little_Socrates
@GlenTennis: Yes, it did. Which was amazing, so go Baba Yetu and Civilization.

Recovery was very controversial, and can't win a democratic vote (I thought it was mostly trash, though "Love The Way You Lie" is AMAZING.) I was hoping (and expecting) Lady GaGa or Lady Antebellum would win Album of the Year, but Arcade Fire is probably the most disappointing choice for me. Especially after it already lost to The Black Keys "Brothers", which should've ACTUALLY won Album of the Year.
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jasta

I don't think anything after the Eminem show has deserved any kind of award.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By ajamafalous
@august said:
" Why? So you can sit me here, next to Brittney Spears? "
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By Kyreo
@jukezypoo said:
" @blueduck said:
This.   "
All of This.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheGremp
@Illmatic said:
" @TheGremp said:

" The Grammys are a joke anyways.  They reward popularity and mainstream success over raw talent and creativity. "

Esperanza Spalding would like a word with you. "
I appreciate her work, and she's way better than Drake and J-Bieb.  But in my opinion, the fact that she won over Mumford and Sons is garbage.
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By Chris2KLee

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By nickux

Is this the album where he's angry and talking about his struggles? 

Anyways, while I thought The Suburbs was not Arcade Fire's best album, I'm still thankful to see a band that has an incredible working knowledge of music and artistry be recognized. When Funeral came out and Pitchfork went crazy for it, they were big in the indie scene but it was hard to imagine them reaching this kind of mainstream success. Good for them.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@XII_Sniper said:
Are you serious? I'm glad I didn't watch then. I f'ing hated Recovery.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Grammies are a joke.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By danimal_furry

Eminem? Yeah he is super awesome as an artist and a human being. Phhhhhhtttttt. Opinions rule.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By ez123

If the timing was a little different, it would have lost to Kanye's incredibly overrated album so just be thankful for that.

brandoncooper17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By brandoncooper17

Just look at this video every one was leaving when Arcade Fire was still preforming there that bad. Eminem would have got every one to stay for an encore.

http://www.twitvid.com/S9EC1

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rjaylee

This is exactly why we can't have music forums.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iam3green

i thought this was going to be real, like some people robbed him.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By memo
@ninjakiller said:
" Oh you mean he wasn't physically assaulted and mugged?  Too bad.   "
LMAO
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By wrighteous86
@brandoncooper17: The Chrysler commercial was at least tasteful and closely tied into his identity and the importance that Detroit had to him and to the company.  I wasn't complaining about that. 

This, on the other hand, was really lame and unfunny, and was selling out.  There's no other way to describe it.  Normally I don't care if a performer or actor sells out his image and the goodwill of his fans, because it's business.  It may not be classy, but it is what it is.  Eminem has always claimed to be so against that, though, that there's no way that the Brisk commercial doesn't reek of cash grab.  Or are we supposed to ignore that because he murdered the fictional clay Brisk suit?