Entourage and Friendship

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine
On Sunday, July 12 the sixth season of Entourage premieres on HBO. Personally I love Entourage, I am practically addicted to the show. Most people would probably think this is because of the glamourous lives the main characters lead, that is partly true because I dream of living a glamourous like theirs when I'm older but the main reason I love the show is because of the friendship the main characters share. The bond that Vince, E, Johnny, and Turtle share is so strong and I think most viewers watch the show wishing they had similar friends or even just friends that they were as close to.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wolverine
On Sunday, July 12 the sixth season of Entourage premieres on HBO. Personally I love Entourage, I am practically addicted to the show. Most people would probably think this is because of the glamourous lives the main characters lead, that is partly true because I dream of living a glamourous like theirs when I'm older but the main reason I love the show is because of the friendship the main characters share. The bond that Vince, E, Johnny, and Turtle share is so strong and I think most viewers watch the show wishing they had similar friends or even just friends that they were as close to.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

I have HBO but I never watch this show. Maybe I should. Man, it looks good.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolverine
@GamerGeek360: Yeah I love it. I really recommend you watch the show from the first season. It is the best show on TV.
jokingknight22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jokingknight22
@Wolverine:
I agree.  Just picked up season 5 on DVD and watched them all back to back.  Best show on TV....that and The Office.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolverine
@jokingknight22: Did you start at Season 5 or from the beginning? 
tippinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By tippinator

VICTORY!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

As much as I enjoyed the show at first, the repetition in the stories just put me off after a while. I might watch all of season 5 in one go when i'm bored one day next week but the only thing funny in that show in season 4 was Ari Gold.

tippinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tippinator

I can see where you're coming from Dead. However, I think season 5 brought the show back to true form. It was truly a great season. I'm just glad the writers strike is over and we'll get a full season this time around.

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spiredcrescent
@Wolverine:
I tried to watch it, but couldnt get into it.  I am really into Trueblood right now.  Hung is also looking promising as I laughed my ass off
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine
@HandsomeDead said:
" As much as I enjoyed the show at first, the repetition in the stories just put me off after a while. I might watch all of season 5 in one go when i'm bored one day next week but the only thing funny in that show in season 4 was Ari Gold. "

@jokingknight22
said:
" @Wolverine: I agree.  Just picked up season 5 on DVD and watched them all back to back.  Best show on TV....that and The Office. "
I can't wait!
tippinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tippinator

I'm not watching it. I don't even want to know until the 12th. LA LA LA LA LA LA. Crap my eyes are still open.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By PJ

I never got into the show, I watched a few eps of the first season when it came over here about 5years ago but nothing more then that.
Also ive given up on big american shows after watching Lost and Heroes for a long time untill they both went up their ass whit the story.
Sitcoms and other comedy shows from america is still okey though, currently watching Scrubs seasons 1-7(for the 100th time) since i recently bought the DVD box sets for like 5buck per box. Too bad that its going away, or atleast not what it used to be.

jokingknight22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By jokingknight22
@HandsomeDead:
I can agree with that, however, i like that it was about the decline of Vince.  I think that they ran the course of him being a huge star all through the season.  The fear that Medellin was going to flop and that it was clear that Vince was only going to do what he wanted, made for an interesting set up.  I like that they are giving Turtle something to do...Although I like him, I think the character was really beginning to become stale.  What a great show!
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine
@tippinator said:
" I'm not watching it. I don't even want to know until the 12th. LA LA LA LA LA LA. Crap my eyes are still open. "
I don't really think people watch Entourage for the story telling.
45g45g4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 45g45g4

hmm, i've seen the show once or twice. didnt enjoy it all that much. maybe i just saw some bad eposides? then again, i never seem to enjoy tv these days.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Captain_Insano

Entourage is fantastic and Drama is definitely my favourite character. VICTORY!

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolverine
@photographer said:
" hmm, i've seen the show once or twice. didnt enjoy it all that much. maybe i just saw some bad eposides? then again, i never seem to enjoy tv these days. "
You can't watch episodes out of context and expect to enjoy them, you have to start from the beginning. I did the same thing you did at first and because I wasn't familiar with the characters I didn't enjoy the show at all.
45g45g4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 45g45g4
@Wolverine: true that. my friend has the first season. maybe ill pick it up next time im over her house.
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By donwoogie
@Wolverine: I don't watch Entourage, but, I did watch and love one episode when they all went out into the desert and did 'shrooms.  That was absolutely hillarious!
MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MisterSpiffy

My dad got me into the show about a month or two.  On Monday, we rented all of the discs of Season 5 and watched them all back-to-back.  I've watched most of season 4, just have and episode or two more to watch, but I'm definitely going to get the first three seasons to watch all the rest.  This has got to be the BEST show on TV right now, or even ever.  I love how well it mixes drama and comedy, and I just love love LOVE IT!

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine
@MisterSpiffy said:
" My dad got me into the show about a month or two.  On Monday, we rented all of the discs of Season 5 and watched them all back-to-back.  I've watched most of season 4, just have and episode or two more to watch, but I'm definitely going to get the first three seasons to watch all the rest.  This has got to be the BEST show on TV right now, or even ever.  I love how well it mixes drama and comedy, and I just love love LOVE IT! "
And guess what, the best is yet come. The second and third seasons of Entourage are the best seasons!
musdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By musdy

Was Season 5 any good??  saw most of season 4 but missed out on that season.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MisterSpiffy
@Wolverine said:
" @MisterSpiffy said:
" My dad got me into the show about a month or two.  On Monday, we rented all of the discs of Season 5 and watched them all back-to-back.  I've watched most of season 4, just have and episode or two more to watch, but I'm definitely going to get the first three seasons to watch all the rest.  This has got to be the BEST show on TV right now, or even ever.  I love how well it mixes drama and comedy, and I just love love LOVE IT! "
And guess what, the best is yet come. The second and third seasons of Entourage are the best seasons!
"
I can't wait, it's just such a unique show.

@musdy
said:
" Was Season 5 any good??  saw most of season 4 but missed out on that season. "
I'm kinda messed up from watching all the seasons in the wrong order, but I seem to remember a lot of good parts from Ari.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolverine
@musdy said:
" Was Season 5 any good??  saw most of season 4 but missed out on that season. "
Season 5 is my least favorite season because it has a depressing vibe to it. If you didn't see the end of season 4 you wouldn't know why. If you want me to tell you any spoilers PM me.
MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MisterSpiffy
@Wolverine said:
" @musdy said:
Season 5 is my least favorite season because it has a depressing vibe to it. If you didn't see the end of season 4 you wouldn't know why. If you want me to tell you any spoilers PM me.
"
I found that a lot of the episodes felt a lot different, and just weren't as funny overall.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolverine
@MisterSpiffy said:
" @Wolverine said:
" @musdy said:
"
I found that a lot of the episodes felt a lot different, and just weren't as funny overall. "
Agreed, that is why I'm excited about Season 6, because Vince is on top again.