#1  Edited By DanielJW
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DanielJW

I ask because yesterday, the pizza guy knocked the exactly 40 minutes after I placed my order. One more minute and I would've had free pizza. Though I give him props for his sense of timing. 

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

those promotions actually exist? I thought it was only in movies

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DanielJW
@Rhaknar said:
" those promotions actually exist? I thought it was only in movies "
They are very real. 
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@Rhaknar: Dominos used to have a thirty minutes or less policy that they ended a little while back because of unreliable employees or something like that. Some small shops do this as well.
Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Pessh

Sometimes they deliver the wrong one, so I ring up and they send another (the right one,) and I get to keep the first wrong one.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By bed

haha this one time me and my brother ordered from pizza at 1 am and they didn't deliver our pizza that night so the next day we called and we got it free + an extra pizza :D  

so i suppose that counts. 

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DanielJW
@W0lfbl1tzers: Pizza Pizza does it up here in Kanada. 
Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Okari

Only once, but that was because there was a metal bristle from a dirty wire brush in it that pierced my tongue. Instead of eating pizza, I got to wait in the ER for most of the night. 
Other than that, if the place screws up I'll usually get the wrong pizza for free, then they'll bring me the one I paid for.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

Well Pizza Hut (as much as I love their delivery pizza) couldn't find our house for shit, no idea why. We waited over an hour for the pizza, got pissed, called PIzza Pizza, got it within like 30 minutes, then maybe 30 minutes after clearing that pizza, they finally showed up with the pizza hut pizza. We got that for free, and somehow scarfed that one down too. 

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DanielJW
@Okari said:
" ... there was a metal bristle from a dirty wire brush in it that pierced my tongue. "
Christ, what? Where did that come from?
Lego_My_Eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Lego_My_Eggo
@W0lfbl1tzers:  they dropped it because one of there drivers was rushing to make the 30 min deadline and hit some one with there car.

i have gotten a few free pizzas because they put the wrong topping on or because the wait was to long. i have gotten some free fast food also when they forget some food or mix it up.
i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By i69edUrGpa

Got declined on debit and he just gave me the pizza...

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meowayne

Actually, yes.

I order Pizza online, and there is a rating system for every order. A new place had just opened, and I gave them a mediocre review with a bunch of things they might do better. 
A couple of days later, they call me. Saying they had changed stuff after several complaints, and that because of my review, I should try another one of their Pizzas - free of charge. 

That was nice.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Coombs

My local pizza hut fucked up a few years back and sent out a ton of coupons for $5 off your order, But forgot to put "limit 1 per customer" on them
I got ahold of about 20 of them and ordered like 12 pizzas, When I went to pick them up the owner and I "spoke" for about a 1/2 hour before I finally convinced him that he fucked himself. I walked out of there with a dozen pizzas and a nice lifetime ban from that particular pizza hut. ( I don't really like pizza hut, So no real loss anyway )

Friends of mine also got $100 credit to their account at Panago when they found a thumb-tack cooked into their pizza.

Another buddy of mine used to order pizza all the time from different places and then when the delivery guy showed up he'd use a debit card that didn't work,
then offer to pay cash, But he would claim to only have like 1/2 the cost in cash.  It's amazing how often the delivery guy will just pocket the cash and give you the pizza,

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By JJOR64

I got a free pizza from Little Ceasers once.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DanielJW
@Meowayne: That sounds like an awesome pizza place. Was it any better the second time? 

@Coombs: I bet that was a pleasant chat. 
Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Okari
@DanielJW said:

" @Okari said:

" ... there was a metal bristle from a dirty wire brush in it that pierced my tongue. "

Christ, what? Where did that come from? "

It was from a wire brush they used to clean the pans with. I didn't even realize it was in my tongue until I had already pulled it out. Also one time I bit into a metal shard from a Dominos pizza.  Stopped eating there for awhile.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DanielJW
@Okari: 

It seems you and pizza don't get along.
      It seems you and pizza don't get along.
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CaptainObvious

Stuff like that doesn't exist in Poland, so no.

Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Six

i got free pizzas at papa johns because i knew people there.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gizmo

We once got some ice-cold pizza, we whined and he got us another pizza, with another pizza thrown in.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mesklinite

When I worked in toronto's distillery district we got lots of free pizza once from pizza pizza. 

So we ordered 2 pizza's brownies and pop.  The distillery district is 55 mill street. Each building in the district has a number, finding the building can be hard. The delivery guy calls us to let us know that he can't get in the distillery district since they're shooting a movie. He says he's waiting at a gate, there's 3 gates, 3 of us rush out to each of the gates, he's not there. We get on the phone with a rep, complain just as the driver gets there. Because the driver called us before the 40 minutes, we couldn't get free pizza.   

Current pizza total: 2

Anyways, driver leaves, our pizza isn't hot at all. It's warm, so we call again. They agree to send us 2 new pizza's. They send the wrong pizza's. The store realises this and calls us to let us know that 2 other pizza are on the way. 

Current Pizza total: 4

Driver gets here and gives us the 2 other pizza. 
 Current Pizza total: 6 

We start looking at the brownies and the expiry date was 3-4 years due. My buddy who had paid for the pizza called pizza pizza back. After an hour or so of talking to reps we got a full refund.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DanielJW
@mesklinite: That's pretty rad. 
WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WickedFather

A Pizza guy came to us and had forgotten to drop off a pizza and said we could have it free because it would be cold by the time he got back there so they'd need to cook them up a new one.  Also got a free KFC 6 piece box because we'd ordered a bucket when we had friends over, can't remember if was 8 or 10, but anyway, they gave us 2 less, phoned up and whined and they said come in and a 6 piece box is yours gratis.

As Marge Simpson says: The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Meowayne
@DanielJW said:
" @Meowayne: That sounds like an awesome pizza place. Was it any better the second time?"
Yes, much better! They listened to complaints, promptly changed the recipe, and gave away free trials. Generally low prices, too.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

no, i never got free pizza before. 

i have one time got free burger king. i went to the drive through and nobody was at the first window to pick up the money. i kind of waited there and the person infront of me just drove off. so i drove up and got free whopper.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but only because the guy gave us the wrong pizza, so we got to keep that one and get the one we ordered.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ArchScabby

No, but one time the delivery guy gave us a pepsi we didn't order and then came back to say it wasn't ours but we already opened it so he left us have it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31  Edited By natetodamax

No :(

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DanielJW
@natetodamax said:
" No :( "
Join the club.
Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Torrim

We got put on the special "spit in their pizza" list because we kept ordering pizzas with promotions and forgetting to give them the coupons when the delivery guy came.  They never asked, and we started getting shitty pizzas so we just assumed it was the entire store's quality.  We stopped going there, and a few years later I ordered a pizza from an employee who happened to be a good friend of mine.  He looked up my account and found an angry memo about our terrible deed, and that's why we kept getting shitty, old pizzas from them even though the certain coupon promotion was years old.  Awesome guy that he was wiped the memo and no problems since!

Except now I won't go there because they were shallow enough to pull that shit in the first place.  Fuck them.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By s7evn

Nope, I've never been so lucky as to get a free pizza

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By Tireyo

Yes, I actually have. It took 1 hour to get 2 pizzas, cheese sticks, and cinnamon sticks at Pizza Hut, and they pretty much told us that it's on the house since it took them so long to give it to us.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DanielJW
@Torrim: Malpractice. 
callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By callumbay

I get lots of free pizza because I work part-time at Pizza Hut... :p

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By sopranosfan

I worked at 2 pizza places so I have had a lot of free pizza.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By mazik765

Not delivery related, but some friends and I got a pizza and ate it at pizza hut. When we went up to pay the manager asked us how our meal was. We said it was ok, because really that's all you expect from pizza hut. He said 'only ok? Our food must be great! Your meal is free!' and didn't charge us a cent. It was really weird, we hadn't complained about the food or anything.

kagai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kagai

That type of promotion isn't going on in my area of Cincinnati.  But, when there is a mistake I usually don't say anything. If they comp me something because of their error, it's all cool.  But, if they brush off my problem I write management a letter.  My pizza a couple of weeks ago didn't arrive for an hour and a half.  I called 2 or 3 times and they kept saying it will be there soon.  No one offered me anything.

So, I wrote a letter to their corporate office, with all the details, and I ended up getting coupons for 4 free large pizzas and 4 cheezey breads.  I use this technique whenever someone screws up royally, whether it's a pizza joint or a nice restaurant.  You usually get better comps when you complain to the higher ups.  Just make sure you are detailed with names, dates, times, etc.