Ever hit a kid? I just did.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fajita_Jim

Yeah so I'm walking through the mall and I feel this thing moving around in my back pocket where my wallet is. I turn and look over my shoulder and it's some 13/14 year old kid, so I just punched him in the jaw and left him sprawled on the floor. Now, I'm 34, so obviously this drew attention. Fortunately, a few people saw what had happened and corroborated my story.

I don't care how young you are, you put your hand on my wallet and I WILL HURT YOU. I have a CCL and I do carry a revolver, but I think he got the message written on my fist.

Would you punch a kid trying to steal your wallet? IMO, the best way to make sure people don't FUCK with you is to ANNIHILATE anyone who does.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Fajita_Jim said:
" Yeah so I'm walking through the mall and I feel this thing moving around in my back pocket where my wallet is. I turn and look over my shoulder and it's some 13/14 year old kid, so I just punched him in the jaw and left him sprawled on the floor. Now, I'm 34, so obviously this drew attention. Fortunately, a few people saw what had happened and corroborated my story.  I don't care how young you are, you put your hand on my wallet and I WILL HURT YOU. I have a CCL and I do carry a revolver, but I think he got the message written on my fist.  Would you punch a kid trying to steal your wallet? IMO, the best way to make sure you people don't FUCK with you is to ANNIHILATE anyone who does. "
Its still gonna be assault. You might get in trouble Chances are the parents are gonna come after ya. 
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I wouldn't do it just because this wasn't in self-defense.  I'd be real angry, but I'd need to force myself to exercise self-restraint.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:
" Yeah so I'm walking through the mall and I feel this thing moving around in my back pocket where my wallet is. I turn and look over my shoulder and it's some 13/14 year old kid, so I just punched him in the jaw and left him sprawled on the floor. Now, I'm 34, so obviously this drew attention. Fortunately, a few people saw what had happened and corroborated my story.  I don't care how young you are, you put your hand on my wallet and I WILL HURT YOU. I have a CCL and I do carry a revolver, but I think he got the message written on my fist.  Would you punch a kid trying to steal your wallet? IMO, the best way to make sure you people don't FUCK with you is to ANNIHILATE anyone who does. "
Its still gonna be assault. You might get in trouble Chances are the parents are gonna come after ya.  "
No, not here. We have the 'Castle Doctrine' and 'Stand your ground' laws here. I can defend my property by any means necessary. And yes, the police were involved,  kid got taken into custody and released to his parents. No charges against me.
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By benpack

Sure, you could hit that kid. Or you could walk him over to a security guard, tell him the story, and then they'll notify the parents and probably ban him from that mall.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Fajita_Jim said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:
Its still gonna be assault. You might get in trouble Chances are the parents are gonna come after ya.  "
No, not here. We have the 'Castle Doctrine' and 'Stand your ground' laws here. I can defend my property by any means necessary. And yes, the police were involved,  kid got taken into custody and released to his parents. No charges against me. "
Castle Doctrine is in your own home dude. 
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Karmum
@Fajita_Jim said:

" Yeah so I'm walking through the mall and I feel this thing moving around in my back pocket where my wallet is. I turn and look over my shoulder and it's some 13/14 year old kid, so I just punched him in the jaw and left him sprawled on the floor. Now, I'm 34, so obviously this drew attention. Fortunately, a few people saw what had happened and corroborated my story.  I don't care how young you are, you put your hand on my wallet and I WILL HURT YOU. I have a CCL and I do carry a revolver, but I think he got the message written on my fist.  Would you punch a kid trying to steal your wallet? IMO, the best way to make sure people don't FUCK with you is to ANNIHILATE anyone who does. "

Yeah, then again I'm also not 34. Difference is that you're a 34 year old man and you hit a 13/14 year old kid and I'm a 17 year old kid that would be hitting a 13/14 year old kid. Then again, I carry my wallet in the front pocket (with my keys), so you'd have to go digging in my pocket and by then you'd be on the floor.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@GlenTennis said:
" Sure, you could hit that kid. Or you could walk him over to a security guard, tell him the story, and then they'll notify the parents and probably ban him from that mall. "
That sounds improbable.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
No, not here. We have the 'Castle Doctrine' and 'Stand your ground' laws here. I can defend my property by any means necessary. And yes, the police were involved,  kid got taken into custody and released to his parents. No charges against me. "
Castle Doctrine is in your own home dude.  "
No, Castle Doctrine can apply anywhere.
"
A person not engaged in unlawful activity who is attacked in any place he or she has a legal right to be outside of his or her home or residence may use reasonable and proportionate force against an intruder or attacker:"
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By ReyGitano

I wouldn't hit the kid, but I wouldn't be against putting him in a painful submission hold until cops arrived.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
No, Castle Doctrine can apply anywhere. " A person not engaged in unlawful activity who is attacked in any place he or she has a legal right to be outside of his or her home or residence may use reasonable and proportionate force against an intruder or attacker:" "
You where not attacked. You where pick pocketed. Chances are there might be a legal action vs you dude. You need self restraint. 
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By benpack
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @GlenTennis said:
" Sure, you could hit that kid. Or you could walk him over to a security guard, tell him the story, and then they'll notify the parents and probably ban him from that mall. "
That sounds improbable. "
Well I'm not saying you just hope he walks over there by himself. There's a difference between clocking someone and "gently guiding" them somewhere.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Ryax

makes sense to me to punch a fucker in the face if he is stealing your wallet

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

Have you ever read The Whipping Boy? Kinda the same thing up here, only we (royalty) use them as stress dolls.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By vitor
@Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
No, Castle Doctrine can apply anywhere. " A person not engaged in unlawful activity who is attacked in any place he or she has a legal right to be outside of his or her home or residence may use reasonable and proportionate force against an intruder or attacker:" "
You weren't attacked though - that implies physical aggression and pickpocketing does not count.  

Kid seems like a punk but that was a definite over-reaction - you could have just as easily stopped his attempt by grabbing him and then calling the cops. No need to lash out unless you were in actual physical danger.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
You where not attacked. You where pick pocketed. Chances are there might be a legal action vs you dude. You need self restraint.  "
But it follows with the "Stand your ground law", the two are complimentary. I can protect my property with the same resolve I protect my person. Trust me, the police and I  had a good conversation about it. They said I didn't do anything wrong because even when I turned around the kid was still trying to get at it.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@GlenTennis said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @GlenTennis said:
Well I'm not saying you just hope he walks over there by himself. There's a difference between clocking someone and "gently guiding" them somewhere. "
And that would be grounds for 'unlawful detention'.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Fajita_Jim said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
You where not attacked. You where pick pocketed. Chances are there might be a legal action vs you dude. You need self restraint.  "
But it follows with the "Stand your ground law", the two are complimentary. I can protect my property with the same resolve I protect my person. Trust me, the police and I  had a good conversation about it. They said I didn't do anything wrong because even when I turned around the kid was still trying to get at it. "
He was taking a wallet. You punched him to the floor. Excessive force dude. 
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By Hamst3r

I'd have roundhouse kicked the kid in the face.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrfizzy
@Fajita_Jim: i would only hit him if he was attacking me, if he was trying to pick-pocket me i would probs grab him and wait for the cops/security. 
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By benpack
@Fajita_Jim said:
" @GlenTennis said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @GlenTennis said:
Well I'm not saying you just hope he walks over there by himself. There's a difference between clocking someone and "gently guiding" them somewhere. "
And that would be grounds for 'unlawful detention'. "
Which is better than punching a minor in the face? Sounds like to me you came here looking for justification, don't get mad at us if we don't give it, duder.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By meteora

It might be overreacting, but it will probably be better for the kid to tell him not to fuck with others. Fear can sometimes be a good tool for learning.

McSmunions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By McSmunions

haha, damn son. kid deserved it. and yes i totally would punch someone if they tried pick pocketing me. would i end up getting my ass beat by some behemoth? probably.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Vitor said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
You weren't attacked though - that implies physical aggression and pickpocketing does not count.   Kid seems like a punk but that was a definite over-reaction - you could have just as easily stopped his attempt by grabbing him and then calling the cops. No need to lash out unless you were in actual physical danger. "
Again, you cannot detain a person. Citizens Arrest doesn't exist here. And  'invasion' doesn't just mean your house, HE HAD HIS HAND IN MY PANTS.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@The_Laughing_Man said:
He was taking a wallet. You punched him to the floor. Excessive force dude.  "
I'm glad you're not a cop. The police said I did the right thing, and I know the laws well here so I know what I was doing. If he had turned and left when I turned around I would have just reported him. However, he was trying to get around me when I turned around to get my wallet. So yeah, I punched the fucker silly.
Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kbm600
@Fajita_Jim said:
" @Vitor said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
You weren't attacked though - that implies physical aggression and pickpocketing does not count.   Kid seems like a punk but that was a definite over-reaction - you could have just as easily stopped his attempt by grabbing him and then calling the cops. No need to lash out unless you were in actual physical danger. "
Again, you cannot detain a person. Citizens Arrest doesn't exist here. And  'invasion' doesn't just mean your house, HE HAD HIS HAND IN MY PANTS. "
This thread was worth reading through just to see "HE HAD HIS HAND IN MY PANTS." Thank you.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@GlenTennis said:
" @Fajita_Jim said:
" @GlenTennis said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @GlenTennis said:
And that would be grounds for 'unlawful detention'. "
Which is better than punching a minor in the face? Sounds like to me you came here looking for justification, don't get mad at us if we don't give it, duder. "
Being taken to court for unlawful detention of a minor is better than punching some punk in the face? Yeah, I don't think so. Cry me a river.

And honestly, I posted looking for similar stories. Apparently you duders are the passive type.
captainfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By captainfish

Dude, maddox would be proud.
Well handled sir.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Dany

not the course of action I would have taken but that kid won't be bothering anyone now

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Kbm600 said:

This thread was worth reading through just to see "HE HAD HIS HAND IN MY PANTS." Thank you. "

Heh, now that you mention it, kinda reminds me of that  Metalocalypse ep where Murderface says: Hey, you know what I did today? I woke up with a clowns hand in my pants. That's what I did today.
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By grilledcheez
@GlenTennis said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @GlenTennis said:
Sounds like a wrestling match waiting to happen
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Coombs
@Fajita_Jim said:

" @Fajita_Jim said:
That's how it should go, 
And hell yes I would do the same thing. 

bet that little fuck will never try some shit like that again, 
You may have just spared him from a life of crime. 

You're a HERO
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ArchScabby

You're pretty cool, punching a kid and all.  I wish I could be as big  a piece of shit as you.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Hamz

This is probably the least appropriate image I could post alongside this lock comment.
 This is probably the least appropriate image I could post alongside this lock comment.
Frankly I'm failing to see how this deserves a place on our forum. We have plenty of teenagers, adults and families who visit the site and seeing a topic boasting about physical abuse directed to minors feels wrong on many levels. 

It's not my place to judge but simply inform you that this sort of thing is inappropriate for our forum.