Explanation Of Japanese Reactor Issues ( Fukushima Daiishi)

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

Its taken me a while, but I've been looking for a decent source to clarify the reactor issues  happening a the Fukishima reactor in Japan. I've finally found a decent article that thoroughly explains the situation, although it it a my a pro Nuclear Power supporter so it is quite optimistic. It also has some small errors, but is 100 fold better explanation than anything you'll find at a traditional News Site. I just wanted to share for anyone else interested, and waving through the " OMG Chernobyl 2.0!!! Meltdown" fear mongering. 

http://theenergycollective.com/barrybrook/53461/fukushima-nuclear-accident-simple-and-accurate-explanation  

Also an explanation regarding the two hydrogen Explosions  

http://theenergycollective.com/nathantemple/53500/japanese-reactor-building-explosion-explained  

Keep the Pro Nuclear Bias in mind! Situation is more dire then these individuals will admit. 

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ch3burashka

...STALKER 2: Shadow Of Japan confirmed? 

Fuck, you actually mentioned Chernobyl, which makes my comment less original, or it would seem that way. Whatever, I thought it was funny.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

They have some good video explanation of the nuclear meltdown
process on cnn.  Looks like 3 failsafes failed to provide cooling.  
After reading about the statistics & looking at the past videos, I feel
the US news media must have censored the crap out of what we're
seeing.  And I still wonder how much media blackout is pointed
in our direction currently.

For openers, I hear the US Navy have moved their ships further out
due to detecting high radiation levels. But then you read the reports
& it states no meltdown has happened.  Really makes you question
the accuracy & I guess we won't know the actual truth until later, perhaps
in a documentary.

skinnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By skinnyman

Some of you have said you are wondering how serious it really is. Per the NEI:

According to the International Atomic Energy Agency’s seven-level International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES), the accident at Fukushima Daiichi is a Level 4 accident.
INES defines Level 4 as an “Accident With Local Consequences,” which is lower than the Level 5 rating given to the 1979 Three Mile Island accident in Pennsylvania. The major accident at Chernobyl in 1986 was classified at the highest INES rating of 7. 

UPDATE:
 As of this morning, it appears to have been informally upgraded to a 6 (second worst after Chernobyl).

LINK

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" ...STALKER 2: Shadow Of Japan confirmed?   Fuck, you actually mentioned Chernobyl, which makes my comment less original, or it would seem that way. Whatever, I thought it was funny. "
I mean, i would PLAY a stalker set in japan, but no way it's gonna get that far.
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By buft

a level 4 is probably no worse than a extremely large gas explosion in regards to its environmental impact

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Vodun
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SSully

I dont understand why it is so unclear as to what is actually happening. There are so many contradicting reports on this manner that its hard to believe who is telling the truth.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By VWGTI
@skinnyman said:
" Some of you have said you are wondering how serious it really is. Per the NEI:

According to the International Atomic Energy Agency’s seven-level International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES), the accident at Fukushima Daiichi is a Level 4 accident.
INES defines Level 4 as an “Accident With Local Consequences,” which is lower than the Level 5 rating given to the 1979 Three Mile Island accident in Pennsylvania. The major accident at Chernobyl in 1986 was classified at the highest INES rating of 7. 

UPDATE:
 As of this morning, it appears to have been informally upgraded to a 6 (second worst after Chernobyl).

LINK

"
This is horrible...I hope they can get things under control quickly.