Facebook - Cleaning up your friends.

MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MadeinFinland

I'm curious as to how many people actually clean up their Facebook friend's lists. I've had my account for a few years and I decided to get rid of all of the friends I had that I couldn't remember or never talked to. I ended up deleting about 200 of them. 

Who else here usually cleans up theirs if they ever have? Or, better yet, who here takes the smart approach of not accepting every friend request when they only vaguely know the person?

Labbo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Labbo94

I will eventually, since mine is getting a little cluttered with friends of friends, hot girls from nearby schools, and random girls from Omegle/Chatroulette. I still only have about 400 friends though, so I'm in no rush. My Facebook feed is hardly a 24/7 cascade of information :/

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I only have around 100 people on mine and I barely talk to around 70 of them.

I usually just keep old friends on there just to see photos, which is actually kinda stalkerish :P

It's about time I went through and removed most of them to get back to a more suitable number. Mostly keeping family on there.

karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By karneh

I only have 13 friends.

EVHKwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By EVHKwick

The best feeling I ever had using Facebook was when I graduated college, and I deleted about half of the people I had befriended over my undergrad. All the people I knew I would never speak to again. Now my feed is actually entertaining and relevant. Having that smaller about of friends makes Facebook much more enjoyable.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By one_2nd

I only add people I know and therefore never have to do that. I have 200 friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Facebook = no need to clean up friends list.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Just started recently deletin' a load of people, coincidently. Mostly people from school and such who add me then don't give a single shit afterwards, ignoring everything I'd ever post. Annoying thing is I'm always posting on peoples mundane fuckery, just out of politeness..

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By animateria

I rarely use Facebook so... I have like a little over 10 people I think?

Sephiroth9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sephiroth9997

I never do this.  I consider myself lucky if anyone accepts my friends requests.  I wouldn't have the audacity to actually delete them, that would be rather douchey I feel.

Onced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Onced

I agree with Sephiroth. I'd feel pretty shitty if one of my few friends (old or otherwise) specifically targeted me and said "hey okay, this guy sucks so I'm going to remove him." So I don't do it to anyone, even people who post like it's their day job. 

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hourai

I went from like 175 to around 40 when I cleaned it out a few months ago. Most of those people I spoke to maybe once or twice and only saw from time to time. Sometime not even that. Not much reason to keep people like that on your friends list, so I deleted 'em and kept my actual friends (and family). 

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShadowKiller

Meh I hardly use Facebook and whenever I go on I accept any request whether I know the person or not, so I see no need to delete people.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous

I don't have a Facebook account.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@ajamafalous said:
" I don't have a Facebook account. "
 This^^ I don't have enough friend's to warrant an account ;)
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Synthballs
@MadeinFinland said:
" I'm curious as to how many people actually clean up their Facebook friend's lists. I've had my account for a few years and I decided to get rid of all of the friends I had that I couldn't remember or never talked to. I ended up deleting about 200 of them.  Who else here usually cleans up theirs if they ever have? Or, better yet, who here takes the smart approach of not accepting every friend request when they only vaguely know the person? "
I do this a few times a year. Some of them are just annoying twats now.
Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Bennyishere

Just in some cases, mostly because I added them before we really became friends and I feel like they won't like it when I upload youtube clips or whatever. I know a lot of pretty ladies that won't necessarily talk to me, but it is nice to be able to stalk them... I sound really creepy now.