Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dallas_Raines

http://tvline.com/2013/07/18/family-guy-simpsons-episode-crossover-springfield/

Cowabunga, dude!

We thought we we’d never live to see the day that Family Guy’s Griffin family met Bart’s bunch from The Simpsons, but that day is rapidly approaching. TVLine has learned that in a fall 2014 episode ofFamily Guy, Peter & Co. pay a visit to Springfield, where they’ll be befriended by Homer & Co.

It doesn’t matter in the least to Homer that Peter is (in his jaundiced eyes) albino — in no time, the plus-sized pals are drinking brews and debating whether Duff or Pawtucket is the better beer. Meanwhile, Stewie is charmed by Bart’s old-school mischief; Lisa makes it her mission to find Meg’s talent (good luck with that!); and Marge and Lois become bosom buddies.

What do you think? Can the crossover possibly be good enough to satisfy fans of both shows? Is it destined to be an insta-classic?

Two fucking terrible shows are crossing over...yay?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

If Hank Hill can make an appearance on both shows....

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ... I've been pretending that The Simpsons is still good for a while now by exclusively watching old episodes and ignoring the existence of the later seasons but fucking hell, I didn't realise it had gotten this bad.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Well, that's a dumb move. It's like when the Jetsons met the Flintstones.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yes, two dying TV shows are going to come together. Great! Great!

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes, two dying TV shows are going to come together. Great! Great!

Two wrongs don't make a right!

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

HAVE NO FEARS, WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko said:

I didn't realise it had gotten this bad.

Did you see the hipster episode? Man, that episode sucked.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

In reality, this is the only thing that could ever get me to watch either of these shows again. Just for curiosity's sake.

I mean, who the hell is even watching The Simpsons anymore? Seriously. It's weird that it still even exists, because it's been non-existent from my radar for about a decade, and I never see any advertising for it. My instincts tell me that it's still terrible, but in all honesty it's been so damn long since I've watched it I can't truthfully say one way or the other. I kind of want to watch an episode just to see what it's like.

I did like the movie, though.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what I'm more cringing at, the news or the article. 'Cowabunga, dude!' 'Bart's bunch' 'Homer & Co.' 'jaundiced eyes' 'plus-sized pals' '(good luck with that!) 'insta-classic' eugh, *shudder*. It's like someones mum is trying to be cool, 'down with the kids', and failing every step of the way.

Anyway on topic, I guess those are going to be two bump in the ratings episodes for both shows. Simpsons/Family Guy and then the Family Guy/Simpsons after this. It reeks of desperation but whatever, so does having to have a celebrity voice over in every episode. The only slight thing I'm interested in is to see what the Family Guy characters are drawn like to be Simpsonised and vice versa.

I liked the Simpsons film but I'd rather have more Futurama than either of these shows.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#12  Edited By Slag

Don't cross the Streams

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SideburnGuru

I can still semi enjoy The Simpsons. I personally think Family Guy has been brain dead for awhile now.

Honestly, as long as neither of these shows ever MENTION or even get close to The Boondocks, I don't care. That show is a gem, a special gem. They don't need to tarnish it.

Sadly, this seems like one of those things that are going to come out to be a train wreck. That you have to look at it, you don't want to look away. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Oh god. Why? Why? Why?

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAVE NO FEARS, WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS!

Oh Man! I think of that song every time the Simpsons comes to mind: ironically, jokingly predicting exactly how terrible the show would get.

So sad considering how goddamn hilarious it used to be.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm confused who the audience for this is. Simpsons fans generally tend to despise Family Guy, while Family Guy fans hate the Simpsons for being old and unfunny. I love the old Simpsons and I liked Family Guy before it got cancelled, but everything released from both franchises since then...

ugh. An incredibly mixture of trying to hard, jokes purely for shock factor, and uninspired writing has murdered both of these shows.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By toowalrus

Gross. Is this an official thing from The Simpsons, or is it like that South Park where Bart Simpson bashes Kyle over the head with a skateboard?

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joshthebear

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Oh god no.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've got diarrhea all over my shit.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I thought I had given up on the Simpsons. I thought I had given all I could give, loved all I could love. I thought I would have been far enough removed from the Simpsons that this kind of thing wouldn't bother me.

Evidently I was wrong.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gem system will ruin everything!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If those are what people consider "Terrible shows" then I envy you people. You're very young and/or have never watched much TV.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why didnt this happen 15 years ago!!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I converted to Family Guy after years of The Simpsons. It felt fresh and made jokes out of nothing and references to b-actors and nonsense in a way I could totally get behind. I have since falled off of following either but given the choice I always opt in for more Family Guy, it's just more my humor. A cross seems strange, but the last episode of Simpsons I saw felt oddly Family Guy-ish and Family Guy is basically just another take on the formula. Will be interesting if they can pull it off. But I am sure they will cancel each other out into a middle of the road thing.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I didn't think a show could jump the shark twice and yet here we are.

HerpDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: King of the Hill transcends all universes and mediums of entertainment.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be one of those guys, who kept defending the Simpons over the last few years still, but these days it's just the "Oh, new Simpons episode on telly...eh, whatever..." reaction everytime. I don't know if it's any worse or even better than some other current sitcoms still, but it sure has been bland as hell those few times I've watched it and doesn't come close even to the worst episodes of the "golden era" Simpsons. Treehouse of Horror specials have still managed to bring-out some occasional chuckles, but it doesn't help much, when you've got 20+ more lame episodes per seasons besides those specials...

Family Guy I've never been much of a fan on.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: But not "terrible" no matter how dumb an episode is theres always one thing that makes me chuckle. Maybe not so much in The Simpsons anymore because I've heard all their jokes before when they did them back in the 90s but still.

Terrible would be like, The Bold and the Beautiful or Charmed. Hell even 7th Heaven was terrible.
But whatever, I guess people who would rather watch Jersey Shore or Geordi Shore and not count them as "the most terrible" are probably worth listening to :P

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

This seems weird. When South Park did that whole "we're going to call out Family Guy as a shitty show" thing, Parker and Stone indicated afterwards that the Simpsons guys seemed to agree with them...

Regarding if Matt and Trey hold the same opinion of Family Guy as Cartman does, Trey commented, "What I can tell you that was pretty interesting, was the day after that episode aired, we got flowers from The Simpsons. We got calls from King of the Hill, saying we were doing God's work. It's not just our opinion."

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like I have to be the one to do this.

As far as network sitcoms are concerned, which I'll admit is not exactly a cornucopia of good watchin', The Simpsons is not that bad. The show has absolutely dropped in quality over the past few years, but the only shows that are good for more laughs are Parks & Rec, Bob's Burgers, and every third episode of Raising Hope.

Family Guy, now that's a whole other story.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you're calling The Simpsons terrible chances are you aren't very old. That show was straight classic for a good long time. It is, in fact, one of the best shows of all time despite being a shell of it's former self for years now.

The Simpsons have existed in one form or another for more than 25 years. For 10 years the show was amazing. The vast majority of shows die in the first year of their existence. Show some respect.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten:

The episodes I listed aren't necessarily bad because of stale jokes (although that's kind of part of it when they're finally getting around to acknowledging that The Onion exists); it's more because a show's being needlessly mean-spirited (like that Simpsons I linked) or the jokes are so offensively unfunny that you'd think the writers just hate laughter (a la Family Guy).

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zeforgotten

@video_game_king:

But don't most of the shows out there that have been going on for ages have those episodes that are just too dumb and makes you wonder why they were made?
Why does Family Guy and The Simpsons get the most shit for it when there are other shows out there doing the same thing?

Is it a disgusting "fanboi/gurl" thing?

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This brings to mind an old Penny Arcade strip about putting shit in a doughnut.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Video_Game_King

@zeforgotten:

Yea, I guess. My rage in this instance is just aimed at those two episodes. The Simpsons have been average and meh for a while; not horrible (but it still has some serious issues), but not very good, either. Family Guy, on the other hand, had a couple of seasons post-cancellation that were really, really bad.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch tvso I might have missed them there, but I saw the first Bart Simpson Butterfinger ad in maybe 10 years on a taxi a few days ago. I literally had to do a double take.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Christ...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

My brother randomly started watching some of the earlier seasons of the Simpsons yesterday and those episodes are still fantastic. This thread has once again reminded me that it is still on the air and people apparently still watch it (I literally know no one in real life who watches it), and a crossover with Family Guy seems about right for how irrelevant it has become.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tesla said:

If you're calling The Simpsons terrible chances are you aren't very old. That show was straight classic for a good long time. It is, in fact, one of the best shows of all time despite being a shell of it's former self for years now.

The Simpsons have existed in one form or another for more than 25 years. For 10 years the show was amazing. The vast majority of shows die in the first year of their existence. Show some respect.

Obviously, I realize the Simpsons used to be an amazing series, but for the last 15 or so years, it hasn't had an ounce of heart or any semblance of a creative spark. I enjoyed the movie, though.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#43 gamer_152  Moderator

I feel much sadder about The Simpsons doing this than Family Guy. I think Family Guy is still capable of pulling some amusing gags here and there, a lot of The Simpsons is just plain depressing now. I guess this was kind of inevitable though.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am actually looking forward to this.

New Simpsons is certainly not as good as it used to be but it's still an enjoyable show most of the time. I've never cared for Family Guy but it will be cool to see what they do with the crossover show. I am surprised people are so negative about this.

usedtype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During seasons 2-7 The Simpsons was easily one of the best shows on TV. It was possibly THE best show. Seasons 8-10 saw the show in decline, though it still occasionally had an episode that stood up to the best from the heyday of the show. In season 11, however, it became clear that quality was no longer important to the shows creators and it has been in free fall for a long time.

I've never really been a fan of Family Guy, but this crossover seems like a bad idea. The crossover with The Critic was a great episode. Of course, that was back in the sixth season when The Simpsons itself was so much better than it is today.

Finally, King of the Hill is the best prime time animated comedy in the history of Fox.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to die.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

You fucks probably don't like The Big Bang Theory. So, you're pretty stupid. The fuck you know about television. Probably liked that lame Community show.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wouldn't call Family Guy "fucking terrible," but I wouldn't call it "great" either. The Simpsons, well, I like to call that "fucking dry, boring, and as daring as a Jehovah's Witness celebrating their birthday." They should have bowed out on top after the eighth season like Calvin and Hobbes.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17