FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle
No Caption Provided

It's time for the 11th year of the Giant Bomb Fantasy Football (still not handegg) league!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ is where you'll create your team and fsy257 is the code you'll enter to join the giantbomb.com (and anyone who originally signed up from GB's former sister sites) league

The cut off for earning points on week 1 is 7PM UK time or 19:00 on Friday August 9th, an hour before the first match, so make sure you're in with a full squad before then. Here are the week 1 fixtures

Friday 9 August 2019

• Liverpool 20:00 Norwich

Saturday 10 August 2019

• West Ham 12:30 Man City
  • Bournemouth 15:00 Sheffield Utd
  • Burnley 15:00 Southampton
  • Crystal Palace 15:00 Everton
  • Watford 15:00 Brighton
  • Spurs 17:30 Aston Villa

Sunday 11 August 2019

• Leicester 14:00 Wolves
  • Newcastle 14:00 Arsenal
  • Man Utd 16:30 Chelsea

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/the-scout has some handy tips for putting your team together.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to edit my team because the last time I touched it I added Kieran Trippier who's since moved to Spain on a permenant deal to Atletico Madrid.

SuperKMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm in!

I also have to remove Mr. Tripper from my team... :D

craigieh28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic! I'm in.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FLStyle

31 hours before week 1 deadline, 29 hours before the Premier League's transfer window closes, there seem to be some interesting transfer stories going on:

• Lukaku is set to leave Man United for Inter Milan, so he will be redundant in Fantasy Football: 80 million
  • David Luiz (FF cost 6.0) will be staying in England just in case you have him in your team but he'll be playing for Arsenal instead of Chelsea: 8 million
  • 19 year old English left back / left winger Ryan Sessegnon has joined Spurs, leaving his childhood club Fulham. He played in almost every game of Fulham's relegation season last season playing 35 and scoring twice. He isn't currently listed in the Fantasy Football database.
  • Andy Carroll who's known primarily for being injured was released by West Ham at the end of last season, he's been picked up by his childhood club Newcastle, who Carroll left for Liverpool in 2011. Carroll also isn't currently listed in the FF database.

Keep an eye out in the next 24 hours to see who has left for where and manage your week 1 team accordingly!

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. I managed to complete my team just in time for the deadline. Like every year, I (a) had grand plans of creating the perfect Premier League Moneyball system and then waited until the last minute to put things together and (b) will be sunk for trying to build a soccer team, rather than a fantasy soccer team.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Behold my week 1 team, I would like to point out 2 things:

1. I put a lot of effort into swapping players around so that they're all coordinated with their team mates
  2. I am very salty that Alissson has gone off injured
TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: I am glad I swapped Allison for van Dijk. I agonized over that choice a bit, but I’m glad I made it.

In other news, the Premier League Fantasy rules continue to confound me. How did they decide that Salah was a midfielder? I can’t complain too much since it technically gives him more points for a goal, but . . . how?

I feel like they should allow you to classify multi-purpose players in your lineup

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: I am glad I swapped Allison for van Dijk. I agonized over that choice a bit, but I’m glad I made it.

In other news, the Premier League Fantasy rules continue to confound me. How did they decide that Salah was a midfielder? I can’t complain too much since it technically gives him more points for a goal, but . . . how?

I feel like they should allow you to classify multi-purpose players in your lineup

It definitely work out for you, I'll have to have another keeper ready for next week it seems.

The concept of a midfielder and a striker is a weird one, the multi-purpose idea is good.