Fast and Furious discussion thread - Sweet emotion

• 59 results
tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

@johnymyko: I see where you're coming from with your criticism of 7, because the film is more down-to-earth than 5 and 6, but I really don't think the filmmakers took it that seriously when you have scenes where the crew is literally driving cars between skyscrapers and flying through the air in cars. If anything, I think they got the tone of 7 exactly right, because the send off of Paul Walker's character is done way better than I expected. I also understand why they wanted to stop one-upping themselves with each film, because after 6 (where the crew is basically James Bond saving the world by taking down some military super-villain) I don't know how they could have kept raising the stakes without literally sending the crew into space (which I still hope happens at some point).

ChrisGaines420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I am going to be that guy who liked four the most.

It is a hipster peak to be sure, but maybe it is because I do not actually like the movies?

The first three are a lot of car culture stuff I do not care for, and I don't care for the super hero movies they have turned into after 4.

Four was at least cool because there was so drama, some tension between the characters. It was one that focused on relationships at least a bit more than the other ones. I like Paul Walker trying to be a cop sort of instead of the white t-shirt shit eating grin asshole he is in the other movies. It was darker and less fun, as I heard people say, but I liked it! No love from anyone else?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By csl316

@chrisgaines420: It's in my top 3 for a reason. I never got the hate, honestly. It's an intense, serious movie and a transitional one for the series, but an enjoyable and well-made one.

seanconnery13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By seanconnery13

The Fast and the Furious:

Has that crazy early 2000s vibe that's infectious, oddly serious at times, the undercover cop story, Tuna sandwiches. As a movie, ok.

2 Fast 2 Furious: definitely an awful movie but you've got Tyrese and Luda and awful CGI car races and Cole Hauser clippin' cigars and that dumb car eject seat thing.

Tokyo Drift: dumb and entertaining, almost never recovers from racing for a girl opening through a contruction sight with the kid from Home Improvement.

Fast and Furious: Drug tunnels? I think i remember drug tunnels and they all reunited which was cool but otherwise had no idea what it was doing and mostly bad.

Fast Five: about as good as it could be before it just completely went off the rails.

Fast 6:

kinda forgettable honestly except for maybe that vault chase at the end and only really exists as some bridge from 5 to 7.

Fast 7: They finally reached an absurdity apex of Tokyo Drift with an idea of how to actually make something like Fast Five.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright just got done with Fast and Furious 6. Wow. Amazing movie. I still like Fast Five more, and the safe dragging segment is better than the plane segment. Ignoring the never ending runway, I just like the interesting physics of the safe chained to two cars. It reminds me of the fight between Furiosa and Max in Fury Road.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So yeah, what does it say about me that I've only cried twice in the last 15 years and both times was the end of of Furious 7?

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By flasaltine

Just finished 7. This is the best film series of all time. People might say anime like Gurren Laggan gets insane, but this is better, and is live actions. This is the best. Also, I am still crying right now even after knowing far in advance what was coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Saw this video and thought this is the right place for it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are two things that the F & F franchise haven't tied off yet that I would like to see.

1. First I would like to see the return of Leon. You all remember him, right?

No Caption Provided

He was part of Dom's original la familia from the first movie. I think it would be pretty cool to see him return as a mysterious badguy in one of the movies before he's unmasked Red Hood style (if people get that reference).

2. The return of the bad guy from 2 Fast. I know not everybody likes that one but I still think it was he was a pretty good villain and he did say he would be seeing them soon at the end of the movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

5>6>1>7>8>4>3>2

7 and 8 I'm not sure on. I've only seen 8 once so idk how I feel about it in the whole of the series. 5 is the best movie and the best of the big dumb action the series becomes. The fact that it starts off with them on the run means that the movie is always moving. All the movies after it get too bogged down with set up.

1 is fun dumb and so early 2000's (which is still late 90's in many ways) that it has a unique feel to it.

2 & 3 are bad. The type of bad that can only be fun if you're drunk and watching with friends. Han is cool though.