Fast & Furious franchise's 20th anniversary

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello there car lovers!

Recently, the official Fast & Furious YouTube channel is celebrating its 20th anniversary of this movie franchise so what are your fond memories?

My fond memories on this, when I saw Brian's orange Toyota Supra RZ from the first movie, this made me fall in love with this car.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Cannot wait for F9. I have been watching this series since the start, and I'm honestly just bewildered and overjoyed it's still going.

Fondest memory would either have to be my dad watching Fast Five in theaters with us -- he hated most movies in theaters, but loved Fast Five; or the number of times that people have immediately wanted to watch Fast Five after Fast and Furious (4). Those two just segue so well into each other.

Thank God Justin Lin is back though. The one-two punch of F8 and Hobbs & Shaw was... dire.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cannot wait for F9. I have been watching this series since the start, and I'm honestly just bewildered and overjoyed it's still going.

Fondest memory would either have to be my dad watching Fast Five in theaters with us -- he hated most movies in theaters, but loved Fast Five; or the number of times that people have immediately wanted to watch Fast Five after Fast and Furious (4). Those two just segue so well into each other.

Thank God Justin Lin is back though. The one-two punch of F8 and Hobbs & Shaw was... dire.

I hope you will enjoy watching Fast & Furious 9.

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I saw photoshop related to high lumber prices where they were leaping onto a lumber truck and just made me think "remember when it was a movie about street racers trying to steal VHS combo TVs and other consumer electronics?"

And yes, I welcome and embrace the turn they took around F5. I enjoy the ridiculousness of them effectively being car-spies (where "spies" is defined by James Bond action movie extreme gadgets).

I STILL want there to be a scene where Mr. Nobody loses an eye and also at some point talks about seeing come crazy shit when he used to be a trucker. Complete the damn Jack Burton --> Snake Plisken transition we all wanted!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I would not have watched any of these movies if not for Giant Bomb

Loading Video...

First one is still my favorite, followed by Tokyo Drift (or "3" if you're a real sicko). Rest in peace Paul Walker

zachattack294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same. My first time watching these was with the guys for Film and 40s.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@thepickle said:

Same. My first time watching these was with the guys for Film and 40s.

yes I was like Dan had only heard of the big loud new ones plus Jeff referencing Tokyo Drift a million times so it was good to see that the series at least started with some, yknow, racing cars. In a fast and or furious manner.

shanali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By shanali

It is amazing that Fast and Furious has completed its 20 Years. Each movie has two very good action scenes.usually at either end, but then about an hour and a half of the most asinine tough-guy nonsense between them.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My second favorite series of the 00s just behind Final Destination.

Characters that are actually interesting, dialogue that sounds like characters actually like each other, fast cars, fun situations, and shit wraps up after 2 hours.