favorite action actor ever

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bruce Willis. Die Hard is the best movie ever. Yours?

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Darth_Navster

I would watch Denzel Washington read the phone book. The man has gravitas. Man on Fire is the shit.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Die Hard is prolly my favourite action movie and Bruce is great in it (and he's not such a bad actor in general), I have to go for Schwarzenegger. His appearance, name and accent are great for dumb action movies!

Loading Video...

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have to go with Linda Hamilton/Sarah Connor . In The Terminator she was this girl in a sundress who rides around on a scooter. In Terminaror 2, she is JACKED with real muscles, she is crazy, and she obviulys had some sort of weird 6-8 years. Sarah Connor was THE FIRST prepper with a bug-out-bag in her un-registered pickup truck. She is prison level jacked, and crazy as loon!

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghost_cat

Chow Yun Fat. He's the coolest at duel-wielding pistols, and has the unique ability to somehow imbue every gun with unlimited ammo.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Oh, wait, you said action actor?

Can I still say Bill Murray?

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Chow Yun Fat, I mean come on.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurt Russell. Followed closely by Arnold.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I mean Arnold destroys everyone. Non Arnolds = Clint Eastwood, Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Denzel Washington, Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Mickey Rourke, Chris Evans, Guy Pearce (good in everything so why not), Sharon Stone, Chow Yun Fat on HD-DvD, Tom Hardy, Kurt Russell, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson.

I guess you could technically call Toshiro Mifune an action star right? Cause that guy's real fucking great. Also Gene Hackman, same concept. French Connection is an action movie right? And Unforgiven occasionally has action scenes. Also Unforgiven's the best movie ever made.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Is what Tom Hardy does considered action? I haven't seen a bad film with him in it... okay, except Star Trek: Nemesis.

Only considering what people traditionally consider action stars: Arnold, closely followed by Dolph Lundgren.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for me its a tie between Kurt Russel and Jean-Claude Van Damme and Jackie Chan.

How come they don't make action films anymore? I mean like real ones. Micheal bay fucked us didn't he. He changed the genre from cool dudes fighting to explosions and lens flares.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Harrison Ford

Loading Video...
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By veektarius

Bruce Willis is in a lot of solid movies, but I don't think that his credentials outside of Die Hard are that strong...

Mel Gibson?

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ringedwithtile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buster Keaton

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bruce Willis. Die Hard is the best movie ever. Yours?

You must be talking about the Reluctant Hero movies right? lol.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Christoffer

Too boring to say Will Smith? I think he was pretty consistently great back in the height of his career. Even if the movies wasn't always awesome.

#BadBoys3

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Jackie Chan.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not much of an action guy, so my pick comes from a small pool, but I can't deny the greatness of Arnold in his prime.

Danny Trejo is top-notch as well. Dude is downright terrifying (especially given his real-world past), but also Snoop Dogg-level lovable.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundogan said:

While Die Hard is prolly my favourite action movie and Bruce is great in it (and he's not such a bad actor in general), I have to go for Schwarzenegger. His appearance, name and accent are great for dumb action movies!

Loading Video...

Well I think I have to go with this guy here, i mean he's played an american in 98% of his movies and never had to change his accent.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As terribly obvious as it is, I probably have to say Arnold Schwarzenegger. Between Predator and Commando alone, he's in two of my all-time favorite action movies, and I might not even need the genre qualifier there.

As far as modern action heroes go, I'll always watch a Statham or The Rock action movie. But the genre is a lot less about the action hero than it used to be. There's a ton of variety there with lesser known actors, actors who're not traditionally in action films, and even people who aren't actors at all and just put together a movie because they're talented at jumping and shit.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jackie Chan. Even some of his worst, most boring fights are vastly more entertaining than the average action scene. His best movies though? Maaaaaan, they're in league of their own.

Donnie Yen comes in at a close second. I don't find him as entertaining as Jackie was in his prime simply because most of his movies are so serious, but I still got nothing but love for him. He's literally the only reason I give a shit about seeing Rogue One.

CcFfBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I come from a 1980's background that included all kinds of action stars, such as Bruce Willis (The Last Boyscout), Mel Gibson (Lethal Weapon 2), and Chuck Norris (Missing in Action). I must have had seen these movies at least 8-10 times each growing up. I think Donnie Yen from the Ip Man movies is a really great choice because of the way that he makes every...single...move...count. Recently I watched all 4 of the Rambo movies, and even though Rambo III has always been high on my list, the newest one when Rambo is in Burma...that movie still gives me chills when I watch it.

All of this is to say that my favorite action actor ever is probably Chuck Norris. Movies like the Missing in Action series, Delta Force, and even something like Firewalker all appeal to me and my youth. With that said, I consider the Expendable franchise some of the best movie-making in the business. In Rambo: First Blood Part II, Rambo calls himself 'expendable', so maybe that's where the Expendables' movie idea came from? Another mention has to go to Die Hard: With a Vengeance, released over 20 years ago now in 1995.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

100% Harrison Ford.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

As someone who adores the action genre and has love for pretty much all of the major action stars in some form, I'd probably have to say Schwarzenegger. The man's filmography is enormous and it includes many of the best action films ever made. Terminator 2 alone warrants his legendary status.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to be a nitpicker, but isn't the "Best Action Actor" title a little vague?

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mel Gibson.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is prison level jacked, and crazy as loon!

Loading Video...

I really like Keanu Reeves, he really gets into his rolls, he trained above and beyond for The Matrix films, and he's just fun in his action movies, even if they aren't always that great I know that I'll at least usually enjoy his fight scenes.

And although he hasn't been in much yet, Iko Uwais (The Raid) is somebody I have my eye on, he's a beast in The Raid and I hope his career keeps on going strong.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By monkeyking1969
No Caption Provided

Here is one that should be appraised seriously...Buster Keaton. Stunts are a lot more serious when you say, "Well, we will just have an actual train run through and actual wooden structure while we are 20 ft away."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#Keanu #ReevesQuadrilogy #PointBreak #Speed #TheMatrix #JohnWick

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been a JCVD guy.

Gotta have that roundhouse kick and the splits at least a few times in every movie lol.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Tom Cruise, Mission:Impossible movies

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Harrison Ford

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Jackie Chan, man.

Loading Video...

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's tie between Buster Keaton and Jackie Chan. The things those 2 dudes did to and with their bodies are completely amazing.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@gundogan said:

Loading Video...

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can watch that and not vote Arnold. The guy is awesome. The Running Man, True Lies, T2, Total Recall, Predator, Commando, etc. He's the best, and it's not really close.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By ArtisanBreads

There are a number of greats but it's Arnold easily. I do really like the previously mentioned Jackie Chan for his daredevil nature.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Bruce Lee if given the time to fully mature into an actor could have been the greatest action movie star of all time. However my all time personal favorite Action star is Arnold with Tom Cruise in a very close second.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Jackie Chan or Chow Yun Fat. Would have a hard time chosing between them.

zorban_zorban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with Bruce as well. Also, Woody Harrelson.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EthanielRain

I'd have to say Arnold, but Stallone is being criminally underrepresented in this thread...

No Caption Provided

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a hard time with questions like these. Primarily because i catagorize everything. Do avtion movies include stunt movies like mad max and buster keaton, do they include martial arts flicks?

If its everything included id go jet li i loved tge once upon a time series and fist of legend is amazing. Close second is jackie, followed by stallone and eastwood. While i love arny,willis and russell, they come off as quip machines alot of the time.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jackie Chan and Buster Keaton count it's hard to go against them!

If I have to pick more modern day probably Tom Cruise, no one puts more effort into an action performance than that guy.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I generally like all action Tom Cruise movies. He really captures that cool professional but with a sense of humor type very well.

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ArmedBear

Iko Uwais because Die Hard is four Raid 2's out of five Raid 2's.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Cruise.

Been loving the last few Mission Impossible movies, far better than the recent Bond's imo. Edge of Tommorow was great and Jack Reacher was pretty good too.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its always the guy that actually look like they could fuck a fool up, like bruce lee.

jackie/bruce/Sonny chiba....jackie is fun, but Bruce is extremely intense and engaging. Sonny was always the Japanese bruce lee to me.

schwarzenegger or Stallone.....almost neutral physically, but at least Stallone can persuade some emotion and look like an underdog.

Cruise looks great running. Maybe too damn confident in every action role...never much sense he won't save the day.

Bruce Willis....just no interest.

jet/yen...Jet just always looked more charismatic to me and smoother in motion....but that just personal, 50/50.

always thought Angelina looked legitimately badass and was actually sexy. Much like Yeoh.

Pinkaew is fantastic, though nothing really else to her....maybe just the roles.

Iko is fantastic in all his films, particularly merantau..

Never much a fan of tony Jaa.

Chow yun fat was only ever enjoyable with john woo and ringo lam (still a pretty bug catalogue) . Always enjoyed Andy lau more, probably just the films.

Dwayne Johnson....fucking whatever.

eh, just personal random thoughts jumbled together. Usually the directors dictate the action. I rarely buy in just for stars.