Favorite and least favorite phases GiantBomb went through?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EliasT

I remember everything about this site, considering the fact that I've been here since the beginning (well, pretty close, July 2008 was when I joined) and I remember some of the funny trolls that have joined this site (governmentcheese, bucketdeAth, the ripoff user, not you BucketDeth, you rock dude) and some of the epic threads they made (there are too many to list, some of them I made myself, which I am still proud of myself for to this day). But I think the worst phase this site went through was it's "Wii Defense Force" phase where you were completely unallowed to say anything negative about the Wii or you were trolled to no end, I am so glad that shit is done. My personal favorite phase GiantBomb had though was probably early 2009, that's when everyone started joining, and some of my all time favorite threads were made.

I guess you could call this a Giant Bomb nostalgia thread.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EliasT

Nobody remembers GiantBomb's beginnings???

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hot_Karl

The phase we're going through right now with quest spammers is pretty bad, as was that supposed "civil war" a couple months back. Wow, that was so stupid. Everything else has been peachy. Even though I've only been under this account for 6 months or so, I've been stalking the site ever since the blog started up way back in ye olde March 2008.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Milkman

MY NAME IS ENDOGENE

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@VinceNotVance said:
" The phase we're going through right now with quest spammers is pretty bad, as was that supposed "civil war" a couple months back. Wow, that was so stupid. Everything else has been peachy. Even though I've only been under this account for 6 months or so, I've been stalking the site ever since the blog started up way back in ye olde March 2008. "
haha..."The civil war" how goddamn silly that was. Good times.....
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Gabriel
@VinceNotVance said:
" The phase we're going through right now with quest spammers is pretty bad, as was that supposed "civil war" a couple months back. Wow, that was so stupid. Everything else has been peachy. Even though I've only been under this account for 6 months or so, I've been stalking the site ever since the blog started up way back in ye olde March 2008. "
That Civil War was dumb most of the people who threatened to leave didn't, I don't even know what it was about.
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Turambar
@VinceNotVance said:
I still don't really get it.  Exactly what happened?  All I know is everything about that seemed to have blown over the course of me not having wifi for a day.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

That governmentcheese phase or whatever that users name is. 
Everyone was so ready to lick his balls all the time and it made us normal people sick enough to puke all over our keyboards. 

Not that there is anything wrong with being into guys, but even if you're straight, gay or bi you should have some standards

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EliasT

Also, the whole "The COVER UP" thing was pretty fucking funny, I kind of miss that.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo

I sort of miss the Levio era. At the time it was annoying, but now I just miss him. Right now I hate just having a specific user around, and if a mod wants to ban them for me then I'll give you that name! Yup.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iam3green

quest spamming is bad. 

things like duder and cartoon pussy is funny.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RTSlord

i totally have no idea what any of these "era's" are. could somebody help me out with that? especially the civil war war and the COVER UP parts
arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By arkasai

I'm relatively new to the forums, but have been coming to the site since early to mid 2009.  I've noticed a lot of Gamespot transplants here. 

I feel like they used to post more videos of them bullshitting around, which I liked.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cloneslayer

The beginning of GB was the best. We were had some pretty fun trolls, the kind you like to keep around. Now its the worse, with quest spammers, poll, youtube, and picture spam, and people who walk into topics and post some stupid shit without reading any of the topic.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus
@Milkman said:
" MY NAME IS ENDOGENE "
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By GreggD
@iam3green said:
" quest spamming is bad.   things like duder and cartoon pussy is funny. "
Did Biff create that mini-meme, or did he just Google it? I can't really remember.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

GovernmentCheese had a son stationed in Japan, damn it. Show some respect. 

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MikkaQ
@Milkman said:
" MY NAME IS ENDOGENE "
I think this remains one of my fondest memories of the site. God, what a drama queen. 

And least favorite, I guess.. yeah quest spamming I guess, but hey it's slowed a bit, less blogs, more people trying to get first posts on a video.  Oh also the whole Wii stuff was a little silly, though the "I WAS WRONG" bit gave me a good chuckle. Good on the people who fulfilled their end.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green
@GreggD said:
" @iam3green said:
" quest spamming is bad.   things like duder and cartoon pussy is funny. "
Did Biff create that mini-meme, or did he just Google it? I can't really remember. "
i believe somebody told him. he was talking to someone about gaintbomb and he was like o that cartoon pussy website. i am now on a quest to find that thread.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By KaosAngel

Touch her shoulder?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Milkman
@KaosAngel said:
" Touch her shoulder? "
That was GameSpot. But great, nonetheless.
cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cloneslayer

I feel like we don't have a really good troll anymore that we could all unite to hate together. Someone needs to step up. 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By apathylad

Quests. I'm glad I am now allowed to filter out the Quests board.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rockanomics

Remember when we all wore acid washed jean jackets? What were we thinking?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Seedofpower

Naked Cartoon Pussy is by far my favorite.

All this spamming going on and no ads (scares me) is my least favorite.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iam3green
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Milkman
@Turambar said:
" @VinceNotVance said:
I still don't really get it.  Exactly what happened?  All I know is everything about that seemed to have blown over the course of me not having wifi for a day. "
If I remember correctly, someone posted a blog complaining about how the staff ignores the community and doesn't care about them, then apparently, from that blog post, two sides were formed. The side that supported the community and the side that didn't really care. There was some stuff about the Facebook integration in there too, I think. Dave even got involved at one point. Then a bunch of people posted Endogene-like blogs about leaving the site forever and then were back on the site within 24 hours. And yeah, it was as stupid as it sounds.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hot_Karl

A couple threads that I missed out on (I wasn't an active poster at the time) but I looked back on fondly were the threads where one guy pretended to be characters from the cartoon Doug, and the other was the infamous thread where MsChivos (or whatever her name was) posted pics from her modeling portfolio and Biff proceeded to photoshop Jeff's head on most of the pictures. Offensive and mean? Yes. Funny as hell? You betcha.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cloneslayer
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By NathHaw
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EliasT
@Bloviator said:
" @Milkman said:

" , someone posted a blog "

It was Jensonb.

Blog post. "
Hahahahahaha
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By iamjohn
@VinceNotVance said:
" A couple threads that I missed out on (I wasn't an active poster at the time) but I looked back on fondly were the threads where one guy pretended to be characters from the cartoon Doug, and the other was the infamous thread where MsChivos (or whatever her name was) posted pics from her modeling portfolio and Biff proceeded to photoshop Jeff's head on most of the pictures. Offensive and mean? Yes. Funny as hell? You betcha. "
Hahahaha, I forgot about that. 

And yeah, that whole Endogene drama was the biggest bunch of crybaby bullshit ever.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33  Edited By Geno
@EliasT said:

But I think the worst phase this site went through was it's "Wii Defense Force" phase where you were completely unallowed to say anything negative about the Wii or you were trolled to no end, I am so glad that shit is done.

Is it? I'm pretty sure if you said anything about the Wii right now you would still get an army of delusionals and trolls rushing to its defense. 
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iamjohn
@Geno said:
" Is it? I'm pretty sure if you said anything about the Wii right now you would still get an army of delusionals and trolls rushing to its defense.  "
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EliasT
@Geno said:
" @EliasT said:

But I think the worst phase this site went through was it's "Wii Defense Force" phase where you were completely unallowed to say anything negative about the Wii or you were trolled to no end, I am so glad that shit is done.

Is it? I'm pretty sure if you said anything about the Wii right now you would still get an army of delusionals and trolls rushing to its defense.  "
Fuck really?? Let me give it a whirl!

The Wii is the worst console I have ever played.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36  Edited By Geno
@EliasT said:
" @Geno said:
" @EliasT said:

Is it? I'm pretty sure if you said anything about the Wii right now you would still get an army of delusionals and trolls rushing to its defense.  "
Fuck really?? Let me give it a whirl!   The Wii is the worst console I have ever played. "
Well that won't work because they know your intention. 
EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EliasT
@Geno said:
" @EliasT said:
" @Geno said:
" @EliasT said:

Fuck really?? Let me give it a whirl!   The Wii is the worst console I have ever played. "
Well that won't work because they know your intention.  "
Dammit, do I really have to make a full thread now?? Geh, it's not worth it, shit like that is why I got banned last time, I'm done with that shit.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I find the idea that internet forums can have 'events' to be mildly disturbing. I mean, sure, that whole 'is brad fat' thing was kind of a big deal for like, a weekend (and I think the hilarious responses in defense of brad are what made these forums seem legit to me), and we get some great in-jokes out of people like BiffMcBlumpkin and governmentcheese, but i dunno if we can say that we have real phases around here. Shit happens, we spew all kinds of crap over it, and then we move on.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Organicalistic_
@VinceNotVance said:
same kinda deal with me stalkin the site and all
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Organicalistic_
kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By kenzo287

dont get why people would make fun of the wii. i mean i know it has its share of problems but it also has its share of great games that arent out on any other platform. whatever thats not what this threads about. my favorite giant bomb phase was the very beginning when the first people created pages for games that were just announced even before the staff could. seriously thats just awesome.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cloneslayer

Honestly, I can't wait until SmugDarkLoser comes back. Then the second era of the GB forums will unfold. I can see it in my coffee, so it must be true.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EliasT
@Kenzo287: That was cool,

also, don't start that Wii shit now, I'm not in the mood, I stopped being in the mood a long time ago.
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By warxsnake

I don't mind quests; I don't do them, I don't have the time, although I appreciate stumbling on them by mistake.  
I just hope it doesn't become an integral part of the giantbomb experience, anyway the crew is smart and they know what they are doing. 

The best phase on the other hand is when quick looks first started (the best feature on any video gaming site imo), and when they merged with my other heroes, ex-PCG and ex-MAXPC crew Norm and Will.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iamjohn
@Cloneslayer said:
" Honestly, I can't wait until SmugDarkLoser comes back. Then the second era of the GB forums will unfold. I can see it in my coffee, so it must be true. "
Like the Phoenix, he will rise from the ashes and usher in a new era of Giant Bomb insanity. 

And then he and Dr_Cash will fight for all souls in the final battle with Giant Bomb as their battleground.  The truly righteous will have already ascended to heaven by that point, of course.
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zajtalan

i miss levio and governtmentcheese so so much *tear

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LiquidPrince

Civil war was funny because I remember logging on one day and things had gone to shit. Spam everywhere, and people all bickering. Those were NOT the days...

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EliasT
@Zajtalan said:
" i miss levio and governtmentcheese so so much *tear "
God me too..
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Levio and his mount and blade...

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cloneslayer

Can i change my anwser? 

No Caption Provided
One of the best GB moments ever. Thank you Liquid Prince.